Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logan Payne is 6'2" and he's making the team anyway as Westy's gunner, other WR's on the roster now are Cordarol Scales is 6'4", Courtney Smith is 6'5", Patrick Turner is also 6'5", and Michael Campbell is 6'2"-it's not like we don't have any size at the position. Turner would probably be the red zonew fade pattern receiver

Ok I give you the size, can they catch the ball, run routes and spread the field?

didn't Mangold just have an MRI yesterday? where's the hysteria?

Revis missed 4 games or whatever last year... I'd say he's more important to the Jets success than Plax. Chalk this up to something I'm not worried about.

What is annoying to me is that Rex should have learned his lesson with nagging injuries last year. Let Plax do nothing but rehab until he's 100%! Him playing in Houston or anytime in the next month for that matter means nothing.

didn't Mangold just have an MRI yesterday? where's the hysteria?

Revis missed 4 games or whatever last year... I'd say he's more important to the Jets success than Plax. Chalk this up to something I'm not worried about.

What is annoying to me is that Rex should have learned his lesson with nagging injuries last year. Let Plax do nothing but rehab until he's 100%! Him playing in Houston or anytime in the next month for that matter means nothing.

Well, he at least admitted it he handled it poorly. Being anxious and all, but coaches are no different than people...you get a new toy, you want to see what it can do.

Ok I give you the size, can they catch the ball, run routes and spread the field?

I think Patrick Turner could see some balls if Plaxico is out-he has that rapport with Sanchez from USC and 2 years here already. The other guys who knows but how many players have we seen in all the years of watching this game of seeing guys come from out of nowhere to be impact players in this league VJ? You and I are old guys and we've seen it happen dozens of times. Hopefully, nothing comes from this MRI and we won't have to worry about it-we'll see.

Well, he at least admitted it he handled it poorly. Being anxious and all, but coaches are no different than people...you get a new toy, you want to see what it can do.

He should have eaten a few double whoppers and told plax to go do yoga. if he rehabs and doesn't run for 2 weeks he should be fine. The whole building a rapport with Sanchez is nonsense. We picked up Braylon the Great a couple games into the season and that went just fine.

I think Patrick Turner could see some balls if Plaxico is out-he has that rapport with Sanchez from USC and 2 years here already. The other guys who knows but how many players have we seen in all the years of watching this game of seeing guys come from out of nowhere to be impact players in this league VJ? You and I are old guys and we've seen it happen dozens of times. Hopefully, nothing comes from this MRI and we won't have to worry about it-we'll see.

Worry as a NYJETS fan we always need to worry. My only concern is Sanchez had Braylon and Holmes last season. Now we are trying to stop a leak and experimenting at the WR position. Plax hasnt played football in 2 years. Id feel more comfortable with a T.O or a Moss ready to take the field. These guys are proven, no experiment needed.

He should have eaten a few double whoppers and told plax to go do yoga. if he rehabs and doesn't run for 2 weeks he should be fine. The whole building a rapport with Sanchez is nonsense. We picked up Braylon the Great a couple games into the season and that went just fine.

Hey, I'm with ya...I think this whole, developing rapport is wayyyyy overblown.

How does all of this (in bold) lead to the conclusion below ?

Really?

He signed for $1 Mill so how were the wrong about his value right now?

If you want to believe he would have signed here for that amount, and that we turned him away, go right on being stupid.

But its not like the league has never been wrong before!

32 GM's in the league, and you're smarter than 31 of them. You should really get your resume up on Monster.com.

You have no idea what's going on with this guy. He's got a string of alcohol related incidents. We don't know how much he's drinking between publicized incidents, or how that's effecting his work. Don't know if he's showing up to practice hungover, etc. Clearly the league sees/knows something you and I don't know. A player with his talent in the prime of his career should've netted an $8M/yr deal. Something is seriously wrong with him.

Whatever the reason it does not make the FO look really great right now with these moves!

If they were not interested at all that would be another thing. But given they were clearly interested and still the player get away to another team for small money does not look like a good job!

The front office doesn't look like anything other than a group of guys who did their due diligence in the market. Braylong signed for $90K over the league minimum. No one else was offering more. What, exactly, did they miss out on? Who in league circles thinks the Jets FO doesn't look really great right now? The 30 other teams who didn't think he was worth $1M?

Vincent Jackson: Dude wants to get paid. If we weren't going to be able to afford Braylon what makes you think we could afford VJax?

James Jones: He's a nice player but not exactly a game-changing dynamic presence. If Plax is healthy, then he can be that.

Plus, Derrick Mason > James Jones

Thank you, Vic, for saving me some precious time here.

Jackson also would've cost a couple first round picks in addition to a Holmes-sized contract. James Jones is a JAG I'm glad the Jets passed on.

I complain all the time about the lack of attention the Jets give the WR position in the draft, but it is what it is. Thing is, sometimes late round picks and UDFA's work out. Everyone who's seen this Kerley kid in action raves about him. I'm excited to see what he can do. I have no problem at all with a 5th round pick in a #3 WR role. The way the Jets FO operates, they need to get production out of their mid/late round picks.

32 GM's in the league, and you're smarter than 31 of them. You should really get your resume up on Monster.com.

You have no idea what's going on with this guy. He's got a string of alcohol related incidents. We don't know how much he's drinking between publicized incidents, or how that's effecting his work. Don't know if he's showing up to practice hungover, etc. Clearly the league sees/knows something you and I don't know. A player with his talent in the prime of his career should've netted an $8M/yr deal. Something is seriously wrong with him.

The front office doesn't look like anything other than a group of guys who did their due diligence in the market. Braylong signed for $90K over the league minimum. No one else was offering more. What, exactly, did they miss out on? Who in league circles thinks the Jets FO doesn't look really great right now? The 30 other teams who didn't think he was worth $1M?

Do you ? Spare me the speculation.

So in the history of the NFL all the teams in the league have never been collectively wrong ?

Only thing I have to say about all of this is that the Jets handled our WR situation horribly from the get go. They Over paid Santonio when there didnt seem to be a market for him either other than the Redskins who signed Moss while we were negotiating with Holmes. 10 Mill per ????? he makes more money than Roddy White and hes the 4th highest paid WR in the NFL I hope he can live up to that I really do. I think hes turned his off the field issues around for the better.

Braylon is gone no one really knows exactly what happened so no need to bother speculating ITS OVER.

Then we signed a 34 year old and a 37 year old . the 34 year old now has a swollen ankle and is getting an MRI which tells you it is serious. If Plax cant go, our WR's will be Mason and Holmes with Kerly and most likely Turner as a 4th.

This team has once again FAILED in the WR department the same way it has FAILED for the past 12 freakin years and to think were doing this when our franchise QB is just on the brink of showing us what he has is a GOD DAMN JOKE. This is not a sky is falling post its an im freakin disgusted post.

There is no reason to be excited about 2 WR's that wont even be in the league in a few years. Sanchez needed some WR's to Grow with not roll around in wheel chairs. Disgrace

Only thing I have to say about all of this is that the Jets handled our WR situation horribly from the get go. They Over paid Santonio when there didnt seem to be a market for him either other than the Redskins who signed Moss while we were negotiating with Holmes. 10 Mill per ????? he makes more money than Roddy White and hes the 4th highest paid WR in the NFL I hope he can live up to that I really do. I think hes turned his off the field issues around for the better.

Braylon is gone no one really knows exactly what happened so no need to bother speculating ITS OVER.

Then we signed a 34 year old and a 37 year old . the 34 year old now has a swollen ankle and is getting an MRI which tells you it is serious. If Plax cant go, our WR's will be Mason and Holmes with Kerly and most likely Turner as a 4th.

This team has once again FAILED in the WR department the same way it has FAILED for the past 12 freakin years and to think were doing this when our franchise QB is just on the brink of showing us what he has is a GOD DAMN JOKE. This is not a sky is falling post its an im freakin disgusted post.

There is no reason to be excited about 2 WR's that wont even be in the league in a few years. Sanchez needed some WR's to Grow with not roll around in wheel chairs. Disgrace

Couldnt agree more. We should have kept the core 3 together Edwards-Holmes-JCo worked in a few rookies. The NYJETS decided to be the NFL saviors and bring in Plax out of football for 2 years. Now look where were at. An MRI away from being looking for another WR. Sign T.O or Moss and let the circus continue.

Thank you, Vic, for saving me some precious time here.

Jackson also would've cost a couple first round picks in addition to a Holmes-sized contract. James Jones is a JAG I'm glad the Jets passed on.

I complain all the time about the lack of attention the Jets give the WR position in the draft, but it is what it is. Thing is, sometimes late round picks and UDFA's work out. Everyone who's seen this Kerley kid in action raves about him. I'm excited to see what he can do. I have no problem at all with a 5th round pick in a #3 WR role. The way the Jets FO operates, they need to get production out of their mid/late round picks.

This, this, a thousand times this. There was a while there I thought the Jets were going to be giving Jones a multi-year contract, and making him / paying him like their starter. I would have been very, very unhappy with that. I'm much happier with the road the Jets decided to take, and frankly as you have said, am very excited to see Kerley take the field. We've seen the Jets start an UDFA at WR from day one, why is it so unfathomable that a 5th rounder could possibly handle the slot role? Hell, it was only a 3 years ago we had a guy in Stuckey who was a 7th round pick, was on IR his entire rookie year and then was the Jets slot receiver the first time he hit the field the following season, and he did a pretty decent job (and he never got a 1/4 of the praise in his entire time here that Kerley has just in this camp).

Archived