Knock , Knock...

Smizzy

I always said Shaun Ellis was JAG ... Just Another Guy

And I always said that for all of his faults, and there have been many {mostly pertaining to health}, John Abraham is an IMPACT PLAYER when healthy

And yet, that brain surgeon we call a GM inks Shaun Ellis {Mr. dime-a-dozen} to a long-term BIG MONEY extension and as opposed to his IMPACT DE

Ditto Grandpa Curtis ... long-term deal for Grandpa, off to the Raiders for Jordan

Bradway needs to Get his $hit together, and he can start by making Tony Dorsett {uh, I mean Reggie Bush} a Jet

ENOUGH WITH GRANDPA ... IT'S OVER!!

Exactly.

Where the **** is Shaun Ellis this yr?

Holy no-show Batman!!

Thx SP.

I think your D gets a tad bit tired and frustrated alot these days man. Not making excuses for a player though. Times like these should really make you diehard fans aware of who your real team players are. What gets me is that i know there is some talent on your team, despite the injuries. You guys had us knocked out of the playoffs last year for chrissakes. I just can't imagine why the team doesnt seem to respond much. It's almost like a bunch of them are feeling sorry for themselves. I just gotta believe that your a better team than the others at the bottom, ya just got off a playoff season.

Ok I am not going to start blasting Ellis. I think the D Line minus Abraham has all under performed. Did losing Ferguson mean this much? Last year I think Ellis played his a$$ off when Abraham went out. This year they always looked confused and overpowered

Jordan was overrated, as has been demionstrated in this thread.

I wish Martin's replacement was already on the team, too, but let's face it - the Flash could not run behind our O-line.

Reggie Bush is going to get KILLED in the NFL, btw.

How disheartening must it be to claw and fight to hold a team to a punt or FG, go off the field, needing a hard-earned breather, then have to go back out 30 seconds later and do it again, because Fumblemiller or one of our alleged QBs handed the ball back to the other team?

How disheartening must it be to claw and fight to hold a team to a punt or FG, go off the field, needing a hard-earned breather, then have to go back out 30 seconds later and do it again, because Fumblemiller or one of our alleged QBs handed the ball back to the other team?

Bob gets it. You can't accurately assess the defense this year due to the reasons he states.

Add to the fact that all good defenses perform better when they have something to play for such as a winning record.

That arguement only works in the second half of the game. How about the first and second qtrs where they are letting up 14 points and 95 yard drives.

Time to admit that Hendu is not top of the charts.

BZ

Yeah, how is Teddy doing there on the Love Boat?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4

Doesn't look too good.

BZ

A little misleading.

The Vikings are currently 5-5 and ranked higher than the Jets in Rush defense.

Although they are ranked lower in passing defense we both know that there is no reason to pass against the Jet defense when you can run it all the way down the field.

also if the vikings make the playoffs it will be 4 out of 5 years for him. Which was the only argument you ever had for keeping herm here.

• 9 months later...
Bob gets it. You can't accurately assess the defense this year due to the reasons he states.

Add to the fact that all good defenses perform better when they have something to play for such as a winning record.

I...what? Forgive me if I misconstrue your meaning in the second paragraph. Our defense is not going to play hard in anticipation the team will bite this season? Or was that just a general statement that players bring more to the field when there's more to be lost? A disheartening view either way. I'm tired.

Archived