Titans RB Chris Johnson to "fake" fans: "STFU!!!!"

Vudu

Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut up

Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT

chris_johnson1.jpg?w=250

Getty Images

Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.

And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesn’t like it.

“Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.

Johnson’s decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.

Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to “STFU”?

C’mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get. Don’t bite the hands that help feed you.

Twitter was the worst thing to ever happen to professional athletes. Way too many opportunities for them to make themselves look like complete idiots without a team PR guy there to put a stop to it. That's not to say in this case CJ may not be somewhat justified, but he should still know better and frankly, regardless of the reason why it's hard to feel even a shred of sympothy for anyone who's made a multi-millionaire by the same people who he wants to sh*t talk.

people who say fantasy football is gay are the same people who stop updating their rosters by week 6 because they're 0-5

how do i know this? i used to hate fantasy basketball because I always had bad teams.....then last year I got Kobe, Amare, Deron Williams and D-Rose (rounds 1-4) and kicked a$$ and all of the sudden I loved it.

Twitter was the worst thing to ever happen to professional athletes. Way too many opportunities for them to make themselves look like complete idiots without a team PR guy there to put a stop to it. That's not to say in this case CJ may not be somewhat justified, but he should still know better and frankly, regardless of the reason why it's hard to feel even a shred of sympothy for anyone who's made a multi-millionaire by the same people who he wants to sh*t talk.

Twitter, Facebook and MySpace are products of the Devil.

My old man used to tell me stories about his days and the things that are going on in today's society does not relate whatsoever to the past, in my opinion.

I'm still a young one, but I feel like there's no more professionalism anymore.

This.

For some reason part of me almost has sympathy for CJ in his moment of cringe.

Johnson deserves the money, but he's going about it the wrong way. Why not show up for camp when they already told you they'd give you a mega contract (or at least begin the negotiations) when you show up? If anything this is going to hurt the team as a whole. I disagreed with Revis doing that last year. It just makes me laugh when I hear that these guys hold out of contracts because the millions they make per year just isn't enough to pay the bills. What a riot. These guys act like they have it hard, retiring in their mid 30s with enough money to feed their grandchildren's grandchildren. Our NFL contract situation needs to be fixed to avoid crap like this. If you hold out of your contract, you should be held in a breach and be punished, either by terminating the contract or by suspensions. I'm great at my job, but if I tried to go on strike for more money, they'd laugh and fire me. The whole system is a big joke, just like the amount of money they all make. Many people put money into fantasy leagues, so you can't blame em for wanting the players back. Johnson should be happy that so many fantasy owners want him.

Archived