Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

I'm starting to think Sanchez's ceiling is that of a T. Romo level.

Just good enough to not be good enough.

They're very similar QBs. Neither are very accurate or make the big completion when needed. And more importantly are prone to the big mistake.

They both show flashes of potential, but never sustain it.

Especially after watching GB-NO the other night, Sanchez is light-years behing Rodgers and Brees. And I think has no chance of ever being at that level.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he is different than Big Game Romo in that Sanchez doesn't fall apart in high pressure situations most of the time. He can actually win playoff games and in crunch time.

Romo starts visibly cracking every time it's a tough situation in a huge game.

Involving Keller and using the hurry up attack style mentality seem to be all Sanchez needs. There's a reason why most of the top QBs seem to heavily use it. It works.

Great points. Sanchez is 6 yrs younger than Romo and has 4 playoff victories while Romo has 1. Perfect comparison.

Especially apt for Brees who is 8 years older and Rodgers who is 4 yrs older. It sucks Sanchez cant be as good as guys with so much more NFL experience

I'm starting to think Sanchez's ceiling is that of a T. Romo level.

Just good enough to not be good enough.

They're very similar QBs. Neither are very accurate or make the big completion when needed. And more importantly are prone to the big mistake.

They both show flashes of potential, but never sustain it.

Especially after watching GB-NO the other night, Sanchez is light-years behing Rodgers and Brees. And I think has no chance of ever being at that level.

Sanchez constantly makes the big completion when needed. He just doesn't make many when it's not needed.

Well, he is different than Big Game Romo in that Sanchez doesn't fall apart in high pressure situations most of the time. He can actually win playoff games and in crunch time.

Romo starts visibly cracking every time it's a tough situation in a huge game.

Involving Keller and using the hurry up attack style mentality seem to be all Sanchez needs. There's a reason why most of the top QBs seem to heavily use it. It works.

This

They're polar opposites. Sanchez shines when the pressure's on, Romo implodes.

And this

Sanchez constantly makes the big completion when needed. He just doesn't make many when it's not needed.

best point of the points made. This is somewhat true. Though not tonight.

Playoff victories? So if Romo was Qbing the Jets, he wouldn't have playoff victories? I think he's have Super Bowl victories.

And I'm not exactly comparing him to Brees and Rodgers now. But you'd like to see some progression to where you would think he can be at that level at sometime. And he definetly hasn't shown it.

Playoff victories? So if Romo was Qbing the Jets, he wouldn't have playoff victories? I think he's have Super Bowl victories.

And I'm not exactly comparing him to Brees and Rodgers now. But you'd like to see some progression to where you would think he can be at that level at sometime. And he definetly hasn't shown it.

No Effin' way. He's got more talent around him in Dallas, and finds new and interesting ways to choke at every opportunity. He's obviously talented, but he's not psychologically strong enough to be an NFL QB.

Did you watch the game tonight? Do you understand football at all?

And I'm not exactly comparing him to Brees and Rodgers now. But you'd like to see some progression to where you would think he can be at that level at sometime. And he definetly hasn't sh own it.

Sorry, but thinking that the Jets would have won a SB with Romo is moronic.

Seriously, have you ever seen Romo in the postseason? He crumbles in big spots.

I love these kind of arguments that have absolutely no basis in fact.

Considering romo has some better weapons like bryant compared to plax and Witten compared to Keller I'd say Sanchez did just fine. Sanchez also got flushed and sacked a lot and still held his own. He did go into the fetal position like Romo.

Archived