Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm, he kept us in that game. He made exactly one bad throw and it wasn't even that bad of a throw. Sometimes guys make plays. That same guy picked off Peyton Manning twice in the exact same manner last year.

That was probably one of sanchez's best games, IMHO. How someone could watch that game and say they didn't see improvement is blind.

Brees definetly did, and Rodgers didn't have the opportunity to.

In his third year Drew Brees completed 205 of 356 (57.6%) for 2,108 yards with 11 TD's to 15 INT's for a 2-9 record. They drafted Eli Manning first overall the next year and traded for Rivers. If Rivers didn't hold out in to start Brees' fourth year who knows where Brees would be now because he sucked until his fourth year.

sanchez is also a year behind rodgers in playing experience and probably 3 years behind brees. lets not forget the packers needed detroit to beat tampa last year to just make the playoffs

sanchez is playing with 2 new receivers and his line barely protected him

he is what he is. a slow starter and a fantastic finisher

romo is a choker

big difference

I'm starting to think Sanchez's ceiling is that of a T. Romo level.

Just good enough to not be good enough.

They're very similar QBs. Neither are very accurate or make the big completion when needed. And more importantly are prone to the big mistake.

They both show flashes of potential, but never sustain it.

Especially after watching GB-NO the other night, Sanchez is light-years behing Rodgers and Brees. And I think has no chance of ever being at that level.

best point of the points made. This is somewhat true. Though not tonight.

Playoff victories? So if Romo was Qbing the Jets, he wouldn't have playoff victories? I think he's have Super Bowl victories.

And I'm not exactly comparing him to Brees and Rodgers now. But you'd like to see some progression to where you would think he can be at that level at sometime. And he definetly hasn't shown it.

Problem with your theory:

1. The best Sanchez could be is as good as Tony Romo

2. Tony Romo isn't good enough to win the super bowl

3. If Tony Romo were on the Jets he'd have multiple super bowl victories.

Do you see the flaws in your logic?

They're very similar QBs. Neither are very accurate or make the big completion when needed. And more importantly are prone to the big mistake.

Especially after watching GB-NO the other night, Sanchez is light-years behing Rodgers and Brees. And I think has no chance of ever being at that level.

Does anyone remember when Brees was so great in SD that the went and drafted Rivers?

Lol, Sanchize is about as money as you can be when it's on the line in the end. He is tied in the NFL for playoff road victories after only his first 2 seasons.

This thread hurts the logic board in my brain.

Problem with your theory:

1. The best Sanchez could be is as good as Tony Romo

2. Tony Romo isn't good enough to win the super bowl

3. If Tony Romo were on the Jets he'd have multiple super bowl victories.

Do you see the flaws in your logic?

BINGO!

Thread over

the play selection and execution before the winning field goal really pissed me off. We had so much momentum.....

Does anyone remember when Brees was so great in SD that the went and drafted Rivers?

Lol, Sanchize is about as money as you can be when it's on the line in the end. He is tied in the NFL for playoff road victories after only his first 2 seasons.

cv

A

Listen--Sanchez did not tie this game when he had the chance---he fumbled. after the iNT he did nothing. He is extremely erratic. The only positive I took from the game is that he proved he can throw for 300+ yards.

Listen--Sanchez did not tie this game when he had the chance---he fumbled. after the iNT he did nothing. He is extremely erratic. The only positive I took from the game is that he proved he can throw for 300+ yards.

Sanchez has multiple 300 yard games last year. So I don't know what he needed to prove to you in that department.

Very true.. This team just seems to have a knck for winning these close ones, by any means neccesary.. I mean If romo doesn't fumble there up by 17 and this is a moot point anyway

Very true.. This team just seems to have a knck for winning these close ones, by any means neccesary.. I mean If romo doesn't fumble there up by 17 and this is a moot point anyway

But that didn't happen obviously and its silly speculating these things. Mason coulda caught the easy TD pass and the rest of the game might have carried out differently. The jets just like to keep their fans on the ddge of their seat till the last second of course.

1 was playing against an elite d, the other was playign against a questionable d with a lot of injuries in secondary

Did you notice how good they were covering our Wideouts ? When we went into No Huddle they had no answer for it and our WR's were wide open. Every time we went No Huddle it was like a switch was flipped. Its was so obvious and its the main reason why Sanchez has shown the ability for 4th quarter combacks throughout his short career. This whole offense seems to respond to it. I hate to sound like a broken record, and Im not asking for the Jets to run it all the time but I do think they should seriously look at mixing in the No Huddle at different times throughout the game to keep defenses off balance I really feel Sanchez is that type of QB. Not only do i think it will help us i think it has the potential to turn this offense into Elite status.

Did you notice how good they were covering our Wideouts ? When we went into No Huddle they had no answer for it and our WR's were wide open. Every time we went No Huddle it was like a switch was flipped. Its was so obvious and its the main reason why Sanchez has shown the ability for 4th quarter combacks throughout his short career. This whole offense seems to respond to it. I hate to sound like a broken record, and Im not asking for the Jets to run it all the time but I do think they should seriously look at mixing in the No Huddle at different times throughout the game to keep defenses off balance I really feel Sanchez is that type of QB. Not only do i think it will help us i think it has the potential to turn this offense into Elite status.

Did you really use the e word when talking about or offense? I like it.

Sanchez clearly does his best when he is in a rhythm. It's the reason he is so good in the 2-minute drill and when the Jets are in no-huddle comeback mode. A good OC would recognize that and design a scheme that could enable him to get into that rhythm as early in the game as possible. Brian Schottenheimer is not a good OC.

Sanchez clearly does his best when he is in a rhythm. It's the reason he is so good in the 2-minute drill and when the Jets are in no-huddle comeback mode. A good OC would recognize that and design a scheme that could enable him to get into that rhythm as early in the game as possible. Brian Schottenheimer is not a good OC.

Yep I agree Klecko 100 % But keep in mind Moore who is consulting Shotty Moved Peyton Manning into the No Huddle at about this time in his career no Doubt they know we perform better in that offense It seems like a no brainer they will implement this at some point. All we can do is hope. It is now going on 3 years with this exact discussion. Once again I dont want to see it exclusively we only need to do it when we get a defense on the field we can expliot due to mistaches.

Yeah, i mean when Sanchez nearly fumbled the game away it sure looked unstoppable.

In any event, I'm a fan of the no huddle generally.. so it's not that i disagree, just leary of Sanchez.. And I disagree about nobody being open in the non no huddle

Could you just stop with the Sanchez hate.

So you're allowed to hate on every offseason move the Jets made based on pure speculation and you're allowed to whine over and over again about our WRs and how they will not work in this offense, but I'm not allowed to hate the one thing we know sucks?

:confused0085:

Was he in that rhythm when he did his part to inexcusably throw the game away at the end? God bless the dropped interception, bff of the Sanchize.

Archived