Haloti Ngata vs. Colin Baxter...

Latinlawyer

you don't want to go to your 3rd option with the game on the line. there's a reason why James Jones gets paid a certain amount and Andre Johnson gets paid a different amount.

Dude, your grasping at straws here...the 2nd/3rd option is used all the times because team key in to take away the #1. Tony G at the end of this season could have the 2nd most receptions of all time. Those guys get paid to ya know...for a good reason because you need more than one option on offense. This is getting silly now.

I think Baxter is young with a lot of upside and he did great on 4-1/2 plays, and he just needs more coaching and he can be a beast, turn the corner, I'm not ready to give up on him he's just inexperienced.

You may alter the previous sentence by replacing the name "Baxter" with "Sanchez" "Wilson" "Ducasse" or "McKnight", thereby eliminating the need to post anything critical about Jets players.

well said. Personally if Baxter has to play in Oakland he will gather much experience. Who knows what we have in the kid? Didn't an inexperienced Brady come in for an injured Bledsoe? That turned out decently I think. I see no reason for doom and gloom. The kid did Ok last week with little to NO preparation last week. This week Cally is giving him special attention. I think we will see the kid improve over last week. my concern is brandon Moore. I think he looks out of synch currently and not up to his usual great play.

ill give you another one

Suh is better than Ngata. Ngata's not the best defensive player he's not even the best DT in football.

(and Revis is better than both)

Ha! Possibly. Dude is a beast. Forgot about him in this conversation. Put him as someone I'd take over Revis too. ;-) Still like Ngata better but thats because I'd like to snuggle with him.

didn't rex say when we signed those guys after the last cuts that if mangold ever went down they would slide someone over ? I can't remember who it would be. yes, I know turner is out, he said that after the turner injury. was he talking about baxter ? I could swear there was someone else in the mix

didn't rex say when we signed those guys after the last cuts that if mangold ever went down they would slide someone over ? I can't remember who it would be. yes, I know turner is out, he said that after the turner injury. was he talking about baxter ? I could swear there was someone else in the mix

Close, but not exactly. When they made the trade for the guard, Caleb Schlauderaff, from the Packers it was mentioned that he could snap. Rex said that if anything happened they would slide Slauson over and play Schlauderaff at guard. Within a day or so they picked up Baxter off waivers from the Chargers. I'm not sure that Rex ever said anything after that. I'm sure that all three will get reps at center this week.

Close, but not exactly. When they made the trade for the guard, Caleb Schlauderaff, from the Packers it was mentioned that he could snap. Rex said that if anything happened they would slide Slauson over and play Schlauderaff at guard. Within a day or so they picked up Baxter off waivers from the Chargers. I'm not sure that Rex ever said anything after that. I'm sure that all three will get reps at center this week.

Rex did talk about the situation in the press conference and he talked up Baxter. It appears Baxter will start, with Slauson/Caleb as the 2nd option. both will be active against Oakland. Slauson will do the blocking calls either way.

FWIW, I'd give serious thought to Suh.

That came up in this thread...I honestly forgot about him in this coversation. But yeah, dudes a beast. I'll still take Ngata because, you know, sample size...but mostly just because I <3 him. But it would probably be between those 2 if I'm starting a defense from scratch today.

Archived