To all the Haters...63.2%!

Latinlawyer

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do too, but guess what? That doesn't mean anything. Worse than Tom Brady isn't much of an insult, and better than Harvard and Henne is faint praise.

If people having different opinions on things to you constitutes intolerable douche-measuring I don't think this is your medium.

I'm a me being right fan. Now that he's proved me wrong by being better than I thought possible I'm just hoping he doesn't take us all the way. And if he does, then he'd better make the Hall of Fame or I'll still have something to complain about. I pseudo-lawyered up some evidence that he has not improved, specifically that his performance through two games this year is about the same as it was in 2009 and 2010 (I actually think there's a reasonable argument to be made that this year was actually the worst of the three given the level of competition he faced, but we'll stick with the same), but then I'm ignoring the fact that we were supposed to lose to Dallas (what happened to always having faith?) and that the interceptions against Jacksonville didn't count. Also, I'm trying to get you to abandon hope in week 2 and am not in it for the game side of being a fan.

LOL, I personally didn't need evidence. He's been what I'd call "about the same" (advanced football technical term).

My only reason for getting involved was to say I don't care about his individual performance, when then bigger picture is about us winning. Frankly his stats don't matter.... My measurement for "did he improve" is how many games did he lose us, how many did he win us.... Did he get us further than last year? The year before?

Otherwise this is a moot argument, IMO. I don't want to come off as discouraging the argument though, itsnvery entertaining.

So you get the pseudo-intellects and the better than you fans. Got it.

Gawd you are so snively when you get defensive. I was actually agreeing with you... And yeah, I get the pseudo intellectual thing... It's exactly the thing I do in mafia to sound arrogant and piss emo girls like you off.

So now if someone doesn't see what you do, he's a "pseudo-intellectual", a blowhard, a clown, are guilty of douchebaggery, wanna-be-lawyerin', has abandoned hope in week 2, and is only watching games in search of negative points to bring up. Gotcha.

Why not write: "I have deep insight into the psyche and motivations of those who don't agree with me as to the degree of Mark Sanchez's progress. Said people have serious personal issues requiring therapy and/or medication."?

lol. It's all good, man. People are allowed to disagree and still root for the same team. Everyone here is just stating an opinion. Some agree with each other and some disagree with each other. If you don't want to join in you don't have to. But if people want to discuss something it's kind of snobbish of you to come along and, in so many words, say that anyone endeavoring into a discussion you disapprove of has psychiatric problems. I only say this because I've been on that end of it years ago and we can smell our own.

All I'm saying is there are plenty of threads I have no interest in. I skip them. What I don't do is drop in to tell those having said discussion that they have personal or intellectual shortcomings for not having the same subject interests I do.

I haven't really taken a side in the debate, so much as I flung poop at everyone else involved.

I think you are missing the intentional irony of my post. Don't take offense, it's kind of what I do.... Trust me, me likey the debate....

My only reason for getting involved was to say I don't care about his individual performance, when then bigger picture is about us winning. Frankly his stats don't matter.... My measurement for "did he improve" is how many games did he lose us, how many did he win us....

I would argue that he is 0-0 in that department this season, so I suppose that by your criteria, he has improved.

I don't care if he ever becomes elite personally. I'm a Jets fan, and he's a part of the team... as long as the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and this team wins... then I could give a sh*t what story Sanchez's stats tell. I care about wins, and the one stats nobody seems to bring up is how many times Sanchez has brought us back in the 4th quarter and helped this defense-led team win.

This this this and more of this!

All the ******* kid does in win. I <3 winners. Especially smexy ones.

Gawd you are so snively when you get defensive. I was actually agreeing with you... And yeah, I get the pseudo intellectual thing... It's exactly the thing I do in mafia to sound arrogant and piss emo girls like you off.

You get off on calling people names. Yup, you're really secure.

And I'm fine it's that I was merely stating the fact the source of your argument is that thinking other than you think is well, the reason they aren't a "fan".

But yea, I'm with you in the sense I want Sanchez to succeed, I just put more stock in his success increasing the chances this franchise wins a championship.

I think parents setting the bar for their children as low as the majority of fans have for Sanchez (and Jets QB's in general) is why this country continues to lag behind in education.

Maybe we can take up a collection for an XBOX for Mark as a reward for his latest 'C' report card...

I'm confused. He's a winner. Parents dont wan their children to grow to be winners?

And I'm fine it's that I was merely stating the fact the source of your argument is that thinking other than you think is well, the reason they aren't a "fan".

But yea, I'm with you in the sense I want Sanchez to succeed, I just put more stock in his success increasing the chances this franchise wins a championship.

You have to ignore the arrogance of the Ape because we all know deep down inside, he's a little stuffed curious george monkey that your dog humps.

I'm having fun with this argument because I'm resigned to the fact, Sanchez will never be elite. I'm also not saying, its impossible. Who knows? He's young. He works hard. He's only a 3rd year starter. While I get we've got a nice sample size and he's started a lot of games...the book is most certainly not closed. While I have my doubts, I think its pretty silly to say it can never happen.

Jets fan suffer from having the first true superstar QB for their only SB and havent had squat since. Meanwhile in our division during my life time, we've had 4 of the greatest QB's ever (2 who never won a SB I might add). So we desperately want one too. And I get it, I'd like it as well.

But I'm perfectly fine with having a guy good enough and he's definitely good enough....running the show. You know why? Rex Ryan. Thats what its all about. The guy is ******* awesome. Greatest thing thats happened to this franchise since I've been alive (yes better than Parcells IMO). As long as he's around, I believe. And Mark has won me over. He's not a great Qb. But the kid is a gamer. He wins. Even when he shouldnt. As long as I've been around, we've never had that. There are 8-10 games that I can think of off the top of my head that the "SOJ" would have never won...no matter who the QB was...but with Sanchez, I wont lie...I always feel like the kid can bring us back. You know why? Because he's done time and time again.

Remember, this was the 1 guy...1 guy...I wanted nothing to do with coming out of USC. But he's dead ******* smexy and I <3 him.

I'm his #1 fan.

No no, I'm sorry, that's not going to work. Anyone who thinks Sanchez hasn't been good doesn't want him to succeed. This isn't negotiable and your acceptance into the I'm So Smart/Oh So Witty Club is entirely dependent on this.

You have to ignore the arrogance of the Ape because we all know deep down inside, he's a little stuffed curious george monkey that your dog humps.

I'm having fun with this argument because I'm resigned to the fact, Sanchez will never be elite. I'm also not saying, its impossible. Who knows? He's young. He works hard. He's only a 3rd year starter. While I get we've got a nice sample size and he's started a lot of games...the book is most certainly not closed. While I have my doubts, I think its pretty silly to say it can never happen.

Jets fan suffer from having the first true superstar QB for their only SB and havent had squat since. Meanwhile in our division during my life time, we've had 4 of the greatest QB's ever (2 who never won a SB I might add). So we desperately want one too. And I get it, I'd like it as well.

But I'm perfectly fine with having a guy good enough and he's definitely good enough....running the show. You know why? Rex Ryan. Thats what its all about. The guy is ******* awesome. Greatest thing thats happened to this franchise since I've been alive (yes better than Parcells IMO). As long as he's around, I believe. And Mark has won me over. He's not a great Qb. But the kid is a gamer. He wins. Even when he shouldnt. As long as I've been around, we've never had that. There are 8-10 games that I can think of off the top of my head that the "SOJ" would have never won...no matter who the QB was...but with Sanchez, I wont lie...I always feel like the kid can bring us back. You know why? Because he's done time and time again.

Remember, this was the 1 guy...1 guy...I wanted nothing to do with coming out of USC. But he's dead ******* smexy and I <3 him.

I'm his #1 fan.

tl;ead

No no, I'm sorry, that's not going to work. Anyone who thinks Sanchez hasn't been good doesn't want him to succeed. This isn't negotiable and your acceptance into the I'm So Smart/Oh So Witty Club is entirely dependent on this.

Always looking out for the truth in jest. While Sanchez having success would be good for the team you root for, if he's not successful you get to be right on a message board. And we all know which is more important.

I, uh, agree with JiF. I think Sanchez might always be a guy who makes a dumb turnover more often than I'd like. Maybe he's a 60% passer for his lifetime. If he can get up to the level of Jake Plummer's best years and sustain that for a longer period of time - I'd be pretty happy with that. And that's kinda where I think he's headed. He's up and down during the course of games, but usually pretty up at the end of them. That he's put up some of his best performances in the playoffs or other games of significance is undeniable.

I'm not closing the book on him one day bordering on elite status, though. Some guys develop faster than others. I admit that I probably give him more of a pass because by all accounts he's a quality human being and a very hard worker. He's stood up mentally to the challenges of QB'ing in NY very well - and I think that's a huge item. If maybe not elite, he certainly has the building blocks in place to be very good. And I'll take very good.

Always looking out for the truth in jest. While Sanchez having success would be good for the team you root for, if he's not successful you get to be right on a message board. And we all know which is more important.

I, uh, agree with JiF. I think Sanchez might always be a guy who makes a dumb turnover more often than I'd like. Maybe he's a 60% passer for his lifetime. If he can get up to the level of Jake Plummer's best years and sustain that for a longer period of time - I'd be pretty happy with that. And that's kinda where I think he's headed. He's up and down during the course of games, but usually pretty up at the end of them. That he's put up some of his best performances in the playoffs or other games of significance is undeniable.

I'm not closing the book on him one day bordering on elite status, though. Some guys develop faster than others. I admit that I probably give him more of a pass because by all accounts he's a quality human being and a very hard worker. He's stood up mentally to the challenges of QB'ing in NY very well - and I think that's a huge item. If maybe not elite, he certainly has the building blocks in place to be very good. And I'll take very good.

It only took Rich Gannon like a dozen years to be counted among the league's elite.

I would argue that he is 0-0 in that department this season, so I suppose that by your criteria, he has improved.

I can respect that, however, I'm happy to give credit where it's due... He brought us back vs. Dallas and not all QBs would have gotten it done.

In bold is where I stopped reading.

You get off on calling people names. Yup, you're really secure.

And I'm fine it's that I was merely stating the fact the source of your argument is that thinking other than you think is well, the reason they aren't a &quot;fan&quot;.

Bro, stop being such a vag.

I don't "get off" on it, I do it because that is how me and my guy friends break each others chops. I'm sorry you are so delicate, but don't think for a minute I do it for any reason other than bring a dude.

The whole "not a real fan" snark goes back to DWC comments he used to make. You are the last person I'd have expected to take the feigned arrogance seriously, for that you deserve the weeping you are doing now.

I think parents setting the bar for their children as low as the majority of fans have for Sanchez (and Jets QB's in general) is why this country continues to lag behind in education.

Maybe we can take up a collection for an XBOX for Mark as a reward for his latest 'C' report card...

All this time people spend debating which party is responsible for the downfall of America... When all along it was Sanchez.

Archived