My take on the 2011 Yankees

Morrissey

I've watched well over 100 games this season, same for the 2009 team that won it all. In 2009, as the season went on, I expected that team to win it all. I just couldn't see anyone beat them. This season is different. If the Yankees win it all, I would be pretty surprised. And if they do, winning it all may be more joyful than when I expected it in 2009.

Anyone else feel this way?

#yankeefanproblems

I would bet right now they will win the AL. Problem is that the Yankees do not have any top end starters save CC. I love Nova, but if you look at the matchups with the Phillies, hard to see how they get past that. The Yankees' lineup in the postseason has always seemed to go dead vs. superior pitching. ANd the further you get in the playoffs the more glaring that becomes. Colon and Garcia are game solid backend guys, but they aren't mathcing up against the better rotations.

I've watched well over 100 games this season, same for the 2009 team that won it all. In 2009, as the season went on, I expected that team to win it all. I just couldn't see anyone beat them. This season is different. If the Yankees win it all, I would be pretty surprised. And if they do, winning it all may be more joyful than when I expected it in 2009.

Anyone else feel this way?

#yankeefanproblems

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm expecting a one and done in the postseason this year. The pitching just isn't where it needs to be.

Another WS win this year would be a very welcome surprise.

They have questions in the rotation...they need to get a 4 man rotation together that steps up behind CC. Nova is looking great, but Girardi is going to earn his money with what he chooses on the other 2 games. Hughes, Colon? No AJ? What do you guys think he will do?

I'm not in this boat at all. I agree with everything you say, but I will be far from surprised if they put it all together. Nova has been pitching great. That gives us two. Then we are a lucky start from really being onto something. Granderson hasn't hit like this with the Yanks before, so I think they will be less likely to "go dead" than in the past. Guys like Chavez are professional hitters. The order seems a little scrappier to me than the past few years and that would help.

Archived