SOA Mafia Game Thread

StraightCash

Nah- I saw it coming. Basically this other place emailed this week saying "we want to move forward with you but please be patient because we are slow." so I called her and she basically said the approval for the offer has to go through. Just concerned they check I worked at this other place and see I got let go recently and they'll recind. Thanks dude.

Dont see why. If they want you, they want you. Typically getting fired or getting let go will not hinder your chances if the process is in motion and they've already made you an offer.

Have they checked your references at the company that just let you go?

Sharrow should be policy lynched for hammering blind.

Meh, you've been at L-2 for like 3 days. And you're a Patriots fan. Like we give a **** what you have to say...especially right now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont see why. If they want you, they want you. Typically getting fired or getting let go will not hinder your chances if the process is in motion and they've already made you an offer.

Meh, you've been at L-2 for like 3 days. And you're a Patriots fan. Like we give a **** what you have to say...especially right now.

Thats the thing. I haven't gotten an offer. They told me they want to but I have to be patient due to them being slow. Nah but my references will all check out, all good people I'm down with so that in not concerned about. Thanks dude.

I can actually attest for the bolded. While I wasn't fired, I remember when interviewing for this job, the companies HR policy is that you need to have at least 3 supervisory references. Considering I had worked for one company my entire professional working career (not talking about bullsh*t high school / college jobs) and the company was 16 people at it's largest, that was an absurd request. I managed to work my way around it for the most part, but they insisted one had to be someone currently at the company I was at. Since I knew I couldn't ask my boss, I ended up getting the VP of the company to give me a reference.

Well as it turned out, I found out at my 3-month probationary review here that while he didn't really say anything negative, he apparently hardly gave me a glowing review. My boss basically told me she had already decided she liked me best and he just sounded bitter to her, so she didn't care. lol.

So like JiF said, if they already decided they like you it's going to take a lot for them to change their mind about that.

I can actually attest for the bolded. While I wasn't fired, I remember when interviewing for this job, the companies HR policy is that you need to have at least 3 supervisory references. Considering I had worked for one company my entire professional working career (not talking about bullsh*t high school / college jobs) and the company was 16 people at it's largest, that was an absurd request. I managed to work my way around it for the most part, but they insisted one had to be someone currently at the company I was at. Since I knew I couldn't ask my boss, I ended up getting the VP of the company to give me a reference.

Well as it turned out, I found out at my 3-month probationary review here that while he didn't really say anything negative, he apparently hardly gave me a glowing review. My boss basically told me she had already decided she liked me best and he just sounded bitter to her, so she didn't care. lol.

So like JiF said, if they already decided they like you it's going to take a lot for them to change their mind about that.

Thanks dude. Very reassuring.

lol, retard. Glad I hammered him. It was fun too.

That's the beauty of it!

I grab a Pats fan, and I choke him,

and I kick the sh*t out of him,

and all day long, my foot up a Pats Fan's a$$!

Just bang, bang, bang up his a$$!

That's my pleasure!

The casing will have to be better than "hey, you were the lone player out there not voting for these 2 people, who were baddies - you are obv scum!"

Use your imagination Hess - I'm looking forward to reading your QT after the game. ;-)

The casing will have to be better than "hey, you were the lone player out there not voting for these 2 people, who were baddies - you are obv scum!"

Use your imagination Hess - I'm looking forward to reading your QT after the game. ;-)

Hmmm, you defend well Verb. Better than Wombat you at least make an effort. Hmmm, but what does that mean....Hmmm.

Here is where I'm at with the vote counts.

JC Final Vote Count

JC (9): Jif, AVM, Ape, CTM, Sharrow, SMC, DPR, Wombat, Crusher

Jif (1): Verbal

SMC (5): BG, Pac, Hess, 80, JC

DPR (1): Vic

DPR Vote Count:

DPR (7): CTM, Ape, Vic, SMC, Jif, BG, Sharrow (not sure who hammered, final vote count missing)

CTM (5): DPR, 80, Pac, Hess, Wombat

Wombat: Final Vote Count:

Wombat (7): Pac, BG, AVM, Hess, 80, Jif, Sharrow

BG (1): Vic

Hess (3): Wombat, Verbal, CTM

80 (1): Ape

You know how I know it was a good case? Because you are STILL trying to downplay it.

Hmmm, you defend well Verb. Better than Wombat you at least make an effort. Hmmm, but what does that mean....Hmmm.

It means he's a Dolphin fan and he should die. After that, JiF. Because he supports Tim Tebow.

F*** it, we've gotten all the scum but 1, MAYBE 2. Might as well use this game to release our anger.

Here is where I'm at with the vote counts.

JC Final Vote Count

JC (9): Jif, AVM, Ape, CTM, Sharrow, SMC, DPR, Wombat, Crusher

Jif (1): Verbal

SMC (5): BG, Pac, Hess, 80, JC

DPR (1): Vic

DPR Vote Count:

DPR (7): CTM, Ape, Vic, SMC, Jif, BG, Sharrow (not sure who hammered, final vote count missing)

CTM (5): DPR, 80, Pac, Hess, Wombat

Wombat: Final Vote Count:

Wombat (7): Pac, BG, AVM, Hess, 80, Jif, Sharrow

BG (1): Vic

Hess (3): Wombat, Verbal, CTM

80 (1): Ape

Wombat was the hammer on DPR

Archived