why don't the Colts draft Luck and trade Manning?

Blackout

we all know Peyton is not going to retire and if he stays a Colt he's going to be pissed if they draft Luck instead of someone to help the team right away

with all this #suckforluck talk it's got me wondering, isn't Manning himself (even coming off an injury) worth at least a 1st rounder + a 2nd rounder? if not more than that?

Colts would be smart to trade him and take Luck

we all know Peyton is not going to retire and if he stays a Colt he's going to be pissed if they draft Luck instead of someone to help the team right away

with all this #suckforluck talk it's got me wondering, isn't Manning himself (even coming off an injury) worth at least a 1st rounder + a 2nd rounder? if not more than that?

No not really...Trading perhaps the best QB ever for a possible bust would never be smart.

Could happen. I don't see Indy passing on such a highly touted prospect for a 36 year old with a bad neck who just missed an entire season.

This isnt just any 36 year old QB, its Peyton Manning, the 4 time mvp, hall of famer..ever heard of him guys? Thats a chance you take, for the simple fact he could still dominate if completely healthy...Nothing is set in stone on Luck being a great pro QB.

Peyton is due a lot of money and Luck may not want to ride the bench for a few years.

Too f***ing bad. When you get drafted, you do what your coach tells you. And in this case, Manning is the coach. He should be thrilled just to get to learn from the best QB of all-time.

Of course, Luck may decide to stay in school another year. In that case, the Colts can just feed him some BS that he'll be playing the 2nd half of the season or something.

This isnt just any 36 year old QB, it Peyton Manning, the 4 time mvp, hall of famer..ever heard of him guys? Thats a chance you take, for the simple fact he could still dominate if completely healthy...Nothing is set in stone on Luck being a great pro QB.

but imagine if you could trade Manning and draft a stud linemen and a RB/WR/TE to hep him out?

This isnt just any 36 year old QB, it Peyton Manning, the 4 time mvp, hall of famer..ever heard of him guys? Thats a chance you take, for the simple fact he could still dominate if completely healthy...Nothing is set in stone on Luck being a great pro QB.

But you don't know if he'll ever be completely healthy again. Remember, this neck injury isn't something that just began recently. This has been a problem for a long time now. It could become a situation like Troy Aikman with Dallas.

but imagine if you could trade Manning and draft a stud linemen and a RB/WR/TE to hep him out?

I'd still pass, for what Manning has done for that organization he deserves to retire a Colt...whats with all the Luck/Colt love blackout? This is a jets board lol.

But you don't know if he'll ever be completely healthy again. Remember, this neck injury isn't something that just began recently. This has been a problem for a long time now. It could become a situation like Troy Aikman with Dallas.

So why, exactly, would a team trade for him then?

No not really...Trading perhaps the best QB ever for a possible bust would never be smart.

Trade a QB who will be 36 years old next season, coming off 3 neck surgies, on a team that is obviously far from competing for a title. Yeah, doing that would not be smart.

....The Colts problems run much deeper than QB. Check out their drafts the last 3 years; garbage. Can you name anyone of the defense not named Mathis or Freeny? And oh by the way, both of those guys will be 32 next season.

....Draft Luck, trade Manning to the highest bidder for picks and start over.

Thats why I brought up Dallas and Aikman. They couldn't trade him because of his concussions, so they cut him to avoid paying him.

Yeah I just don't see any possibility that the Colts just outright cut Peyton Manning. And they'll never get equal value for him until he proves he's healthy. They can always trade Manning a year AFTER they draft Luck and see what they have in him.

Yeah I just don't see any possibility that the Colts just outright cut Peyton Manning. And they'll never get equal value for him until he proves he's healthy. They can always trade Manning a year AFTER they draft Luck and see what they have in him.

I don't think anyone ever thought the Cowboys would ever cut Aikman, but he was in denial about his health and wouldn't retire, so the business side took over. Neck injuries can affect almost everything important to a QB. Peyton may never be the same QB again. He could lose velocity, release time, etc.

Some retarded team like the Redskins or 49ers will gladly overpay for Peyton who after something like 3 serious neck injuries and surgeries in two years very likely will not be the same player. If the Colts get a good offer they should trade him in a heartbeat if the draft Luck.

I'm just loving the fact that the fish can't even suck for Luck right.

Anyway, I think Manning's contract is structured in such a way that they can cut him before his next bonus kicks in next year, but once they pay that they're on the hook. I doubt anyone's going to give up big picks AND pay big cash for a 36 year old QB coming off a serious neck injury - even if that QB is Peyton Manning.

A first and a second? More? Why would I give that up for an old bastard with a huge contract who hasn't proven he can even put on the uniform? I wouldn't touch a deal like that with a 10 foot pole. He would have to have one hell of a private workout to make me want to sink that much of the cap into him.

Too f***ing bad. When you get drafted, you do what your coach tells you. And in this case, Manning is the coach. He should be thrilled just to get to learn from the best QB of all-time.

Of course, Luck may decide to stay in school another year. In that case, the Colts can just feed him some BS that he'll be playing the 2nd half of the season or something.

Guys at that level write their own ticket. They don't buy bullsh*t. The Colts have been through it before. Once on the wrong end when Elway shot his way out of town. Twice on the right side, when Jeff George fought his way over and when Peyton stayed in to avoid the Jets.

Trade a QB who will be 36 years old next season, coming off 3 neck surgies, on a team that is obviously far from competing for a title. Yeah, doing that would not be smart.

....The Colts problems run much deeper than QB. Check out their drafts the last 3 years; garbage. Can you name anyone of the defense not named Mathis or Freeny? And oh by the way, both of those guys will be 32 next season.

....Draft Luck, trade Manning to the highest bidder for picks and start over.

Antoine Bethea, FTW! I wanted him, but they locked him up.

Archived