Tomlinson diagnosed with sprained MCL

hoping4ASuperBowl

per Rotoworld:

Updating an earlier item, LaDainian Tomlinson has been diagnosed with a sprained left MCL.

It was a sprained MCL that infamously limited Tomlinson in the 2007-08 playoffs, but the injury is reportedly not as serious this time. However, the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta considers LT "unlikely" to suit on Thursday against the Broncos, meaning Joe McKnight should be pressed into duty as the Jets' third-down back. Averaging only 18.5 rushing yards and 2.7 catches per game, take this as an opportunity to dop LT in your PPR league.

Hope McKnight is ready to step up.

Someone needs to help me understand why any of the Jets starters were in the game at that point. Sure you can't sit everyone but a 30 plus year old RB? And Brunell should have been getting some snaps at that point as well.

Someone needs to help me understand why any of the Jets starters were in the game at that point. Sure you can't sit everyone but a 30 plus year old RB? And Brunell should have been getting some snaps at that point as well.

Its not over till its over?

I'm not overly concerned about this to be honest. I kind of want to see what Powell has for this offense.

This isn't the end of the world, we'll call up Powell and Joe McKnight will finally have his chance to shine. As long as McKnight can hold onto the football, and avoid costly fumbles such as last night (which was more like a muff), he could become something special coming out of the backfield. In regards to Tomlinson, this could become a blessing in disguise. Tomlinson is an aging back, and his body could need the rest. If he's able to rest for a good 4-6 weeks, we could see a well rested and explosive LT come postseason play.

This isn't the end of the world, we'll call up Powell and Joe McKnight will finally have his chance to shine. As long as McKnight can hold onto the football, and avoid costly fumbles such as last night (which was more like a muff), he could become something special coming out of the backfield. In regards to Tomlinson, this could become a blessing in disguise. Tomlinson is an aging back, and his body could need the rest. If he's able to rest for a good 4-6 weeks, we could see a well rested and explosive LT come postseason play.

Sweet merciful crap. Take a couple days off, man.

Its not over till its over?

I'm not overly concerned about this to be honest. I kind of want to see what Powell has for this offense.

I cant wait to see Powell. if he comes out kicking a$$ then that gives us another reason to kick our coahes asses since this guy can actully catch the ball and run with it

Archived