FF Playoffs - Need QB Advice

The Gun Of Bavaria

Option A: Vick vs. NY Jets (#5 against in least points allowed)

Option B: Tebow vs. Pats (#26 against in least points allowed)

Supporting Vick:

- @ Home

- Jets haven't beaten the Eagles...ever.

- Jets have a habit of making a "down and out" player in the midst of a crappy season look like an All-Star

- Leonard is out.

Against Vick:

- He's been dookie all year

- His ribs are still FUBAR

- Maclin is out

- Jets D has turned it up a notch as of late.

- McCoy may have a field day at RB

Supporting Tebow:

- Pats made Grossman look like Elway

- Pats defense is terrible and allows beau coup points to offenses.

- Broncos are at home

- Despite everything, Tebow has been averaging better than Vick in our league's scoring system

- Elevation in Denver makes Tebow closer to Jesus.

Against Tebow:

- I think the magic is about to run out & BB is going to unlock seventh seal on Tebow.

- Pats D weakness is pass defense and Tebow can't pass

Thoughts?

Definitely a tough one. Trying to be objective about it, Tebow is probably the better play, especially based on the matchup, but the Jets fan in me says Vick probably tears up the D while the Pats destroy Tebow. I'd still probably go with Tebow just because the saving grace of both players is their rushing ability, but with his injured ribs Vick hasn't been running the ball at all. Plus there's always the chance Vick gets knocked out of the game, considering he can hardly ever make it through an entire one anymore these days.

Tebow was sent as a gift to Denver from teh Almighty.

Vick is a sinner!

Tebow wins. Vick loses.

P.S: Vick is too banged up to make a difference his first game back and on the other hand Tbeow has been on a roll!

But The Almighty loves the sinner, it's the sin he has issues with.

All depends on whether or not you think Tebow runs it in for a score against the Pats. If he does he's golden. The Pats D has been somewhat stingy in the red zone so I'm thinking that if he gets TD's it'll have to be on a big play or 2.

I'd probably go Vick. That way, if the Jets D shuts him down, at least you'll be happy for the Jets.

Definitely Tebow. Tebow is going against one of the worst defenses.

Another question:

Bengals D vs. STL (#1points allowed to D's in NFL)

Bears D vs. SEA (#5)

Bengals. STL is so bad right now that Clemens may start.

another question:

Ryan Mathews

or

Torre Smith

or

Jason Whitten

Flex position

Matthews. He's more of a steady option. Smith is very inconsistent and Witten is going against the 49ers elite defense.

Definitely Tebow. Tebow is going against one of the worst defenses.

Bengals. STL is so bad right now that Clemens may start.

Matthews. He's more of a steady option. Smith is very inconsistent and Witten is going against the 49ers elite defense.

I agree with these comments, except for the last one. Witten plays versus Tampa Bay, which is playing as badly on defense as anyone in the NFL. Though Romo has plenty of options in the passing game, Witten is a go to guy (will be needed to move the chains w/o Murray). Matthews plays Baltimore. I don't love that at all.

I agree with these comments, except for the last one. Witten plays versus Tampa Bay, which is playing as badly on defense as anyone in the NFL. Though Romo has plenty of options in the passing game, Witten is a go to guy (will be needed to move the chains w/o Murray). Matthews plays Baltimore. I don't love that at all.

My bad. I don't know why I thought they were playing SF. Pitt is playing San Fran. I'm stuck playing Matthews cause my other RB is Donald Brown.

My bad. I don't know why I thought they were playing SF. Pitt is playing San Fran. I'm stuck playing Matthews cause my other RB is Donald Brown.

My final is this week. I lost Murray so now have to choose between Spiller and Brown. I'm going with Spiller in the hopes that he breaks a long one, maybe on a catch. But Brown isnt a terrible option - Tenn has not been good against the run lately. And if they go with Locker then some turnovers could get him some GL opportunities. It's a pretty close call between Matthews (v Ravens) and Brown.

My final is this week. I lost Murray so now have to choose between Spiller and Brown. I'm going with Spiller in the hopes that he breaks a long one, maybe on a catch. But Brown isnt a terrible option - Tenn has not been good against the run lately. And if they go with Locker then some turnovers could get him some GL opportunities. It's a pretty close call between Matthews (v Ravens) and Brown.

Haha. I had Murray too. I had some good weeks with Foster, Murray, and Mathews all playing well together.

Archived