Jags to Hire Malarkey as HC

MTJ06

interviewed today, internet rumors tonight

if they don't hire him, they leaked this to get another guy to the table

either way, sh*tty is toast

well, maybe his dad will hire him if he gets the TB job, but the jets don't have to give permission. can you imagine that ? what a sh*tstorm that would cause

Jaguars hire Mike Mularkey as head coach

Posted: January 10, 2012 - 9:56pm | Updated: January 10, 2012 - 10:05pm

By Tania Ganguli

Mike Mularkey will be the third head coach in Jacksonville Jaguars history, sources told the Times-Union on Tuesday night.

Mularkey, 50, was previously head coach with the Buffalo Bills, and went 9-7 in 2004 and 5-11 in 2005. He interviewed for the job Tuesday.

Mularkey’s Falcons were eliminated from the playoffs on Sunday in a 24-2 loss to the New York Giants. His development of Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, who developed quickly, is part of the draw for the Jaguars. Ryan was drafted out of Boston College in 2008 and threw for 3,440 yards in his rookie year and had an 87.7 rating. He threw 16 touchdowns and 11 interceptions that season.

In the 2011 season, Ryan threw for 4,177 yards with 29 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He had a rating of 92.2.

The development of Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert will be a prime task for Mularkey and his staff.

Mulkarkey, a Miami native, is familiar with the area, having played for the University of Florida. He played tight end in the NFL for nine seasons (1983-91), six with the Minnesota Vikings and three with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He's been the Falcons' offensive coordinator since a two-year stint as an assistant coach under Nick Saban with the Miami Dolphins. He was scheduled to interview for their head coach opening this week. He was offensive coordinator under Saban in 2006.

Mularkey began his pro coaching career as a tight ends coach for Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, then became the Steelers offensive coordinator from 2001-03 before going to Buffalo.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-01-10/story/jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-head-coach#ixzz1j7G91usc

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-01-10/story/jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-head-coach#ixzz1j7C9o9uH

Who actually believed that Schottenheimer was leaving for the Jaguars anyway? Why would you people get your hopes up with the Jaguars? That is as low profile a HC job as you can get in this league...

It's going to be a team with a QB. I still think he replaces Turner over in SD next year...With the Raiders job opening up today I could see that one being taken somewhat seriously if they are into the idea...

The dude isn't going to be OC'ing a college team anyway...Even if Florida is his alma mater (IIRC) and it's a pretty high profile school in the high profile CFB conference...OTOH I could see him being outright fired...They better wait until the 29th so I can collect my winnings.

Who actually believed that Schottenheimer was leaving for the Jaguars anyway? Why would you people get your hopes up with the Jaguars? That is as low profile a HC job as you can get in this league...

It's going to be a team with a QB. I still think he replaces Turner over in SD next year...With the Raiders job opening up today I could see that one being taken somewhat seriously if they are into the idea...

Not a chance in hell of him going to SD.

Lets see if his dad gets the Tampa job and he asks to go work for dad.

Archived