Divisional round predictions

PatriotReign37

GB

NE

NO

BALT

All advance to the Conference Championship round.

When you consider all of those teams seem significantly better than their opposition and 3 of 4 have home field advantage it would seem to make sense, but it seems as though the NFL, particularly in the playoffs, never quite seems to work out that way. I could never guess which one, but I'd bet at least one of those teams is going to end up getting upset. We'll see I suppose.

When you consider all of those teams seem significantly better than their opposition and 3 of 4 have home field advantage it would seem to make sense, but it seems as though the NFL, particularly in the playoffs, never quite seems to work out that way. I could never guess which one, but I'd bet at least one of those teams is going to end up getting upset. We'll see I suppose.

I agree.

There is usually an upset. I used the better QB theory on my picks.

NY vs GB - The Giants are playing good, but I cannot see them sneaking up on GB again like 2007. Rodgers is better than Eli, GBs receiving core is better. Pierre Paul has guaranteed the win, so I imagine the Packers will be fired up. This game has the potential to be a shoot out weather permitting.

DEN vs NE - Tebow is a nice story and they caught Pitt with its pants down in OT. I envision the Pats to play Tebow like KC did. Seal the ends and force him to throw into tight windows.

NO vs SF - This game is ripe for an upset. But, NO uses various personnel groupings and match ups to their advantage so well. NO lost on the West coast last post season too. I suppose Brees could have a bad game, but theyre still the better team IMO.

HOU vs BALT - The plan is simple for the Ravens. Stop Foster and force the inexperienced Yates to get it done. Balt is battle tested and Flacco is better than Yates IMO.

Lets list odds off upset, in order..

imo..

Giants vs Packers... If good eli shows up, could pull the upset

SF vs NO... home field, NO a lot less dangerous on road

Denver vs Pats... I can't really see Denver doing anything but getting blown out

Houston vs Baltimore.... Balt defense should throttle yates and ground game

Lets list odds off upset, in order..

imo..

Giants vs Packers... If good eli shows up, could pull the upset

SF vs NO... home field, NO a lot less dangerous on road

Denver vs Pats... I can't really see Denver doing anything but getting blown out

Houston vs Baltimore.... Balt defense should throttle yates and ground game

I agree for the most part, although I'd switch NO/SF and GB/NY, because I think the reasons you mentioned for the NO game could potentially be a lot bigger issue. Even if good Eli shows up (and does he ever show up in the first half anyway?), I don't have any confidence that the Giants D will keep them in the game long enough for it to matter. One good outing against an Atlanta team that's shown a complete inability to do anything in the postseason for years now isn't enough to change my mind on that.

Pats

Ravens

SF

Giants

also for that giants game.. everyone is making the pierre paul comment out to be the defining factor for the game.. fact is, is that players even admit after the first few minutes of the game all that type of sh*t goes out the window...if u think the packers or any team gets more hyped about a guy saying they can win when the playoffs are on the line then you are dumb

Pats

Ravens

SF

Giants

also for that giants game.. everyone is making the pierre paul comment out to be the defining factor for the game.. fact is, is that players even admit after the first few minutes of the game all that type of sh*t goes out the window...if u think the packers or any team gets more hyped about a guy saying they can win when the playoffs are on the line then you are dumb

I think it's nonsense that just makes JPP look like an a$$hole. I think the real difference is that GB is the significantly better team and is at home on top of that, where they haven't lost a game since October 2010.

Archived