REX MUST GO

JETS SB

What on earth makes you think this will happen? The team finished 8-8, which was good enough to win the AFCW. At 2 times during this season, the Jets had a chance to control there own destiny in the division and the wild card. You're acting like this team was 4-12 and wasnt compettive at all and had no shot at making the playoffs.

And why would you purge a coaching staff that never even had a losing season? Who made back to back deep runs in the playoffs? Who is winning despite god awful QB play? What needed to happen is happening. The offense is being revamped from a coaching perspective. Only time will tell from a personnel stand point but I'm sure that a new OC will want to make some changes.

Some of you need to get a grip. This team is a couple of moves and some serious heart to heart conversations from being right back in the thick of things again next season, just like they were this season.

Agreed. Im planning on losing it next year after we go 4-12. For now Im gonna live the dream. SUPERBOWL 2013. BOOK IT. I know REX does. can I get a hell yeah?

This will probably be Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum's last year here UNLESS the Jets (under Woody Johnson's directive) go out and get Peyton Manning. Let's face it Mark Sanchez has been ruined by Schottenheimer, Ryan, and Tannenbaum and when the Jets are fighting the Bills for last place I can actually see Ryan getting the axe before the next Christmas. It's going to take a drastic and bold move BY JOHNSON to save the season and some people's jobs-a whole LOT of people's jobs-we're talking like a Colt's type of purge could be coming-and it may just be what is needed

The regime is 32-22 so far, which includes 4-2 playoffs. That's just 10 games above .500. FIRE THEM ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK quick question for Rex Ryan "supporters" ... Why does Rex Ryan make it a point to never take the blame for the offense, because "his defense" played well. He is the head coach. He should know whats going on with the offense. He plays stupid, when his offense plays bad, like he is only the defensive coordinator. He has on the headset. If he is such a great coach, SAY SOMETHING!!! Oh and by the way, the defense was pretty bad this year as well. One of the main reasons why we are not in the playoffs is the defense. The safeties were awful, the linebackers were awful other than David Harris. The D-line stopped the run ok for most of the season but never got to the QB. Sure you can say that it is Tanny's fault, but Rex is the defensive guru.. You cannot tell me he had no say in the roster decisions at the beginning of the year, at least on the defensive side of the ball. He is the coach. Put the fault on Tanny if you want, but Rex has a defense that is going in the wrong direction and this is his strength, if he has one. In my opinion, as an honest Jets fan who isn't in lala land, Rex Ryan has created a circus. I realize he won't be fired, but he should be. And next year, he will be. No one cares about 4-2 in the playoffs.... Please, Jets fans.. reality check...

OK quick question for Rex Ryan "supporters" ... Why does Rex Ryan make it a point to never take the blame for the offense, because "his" defense" played well. He is the head coach. He should know whats going on with the offense. He plays stupid, when his offense plays bad, like he is only the defensive coordinator. He has on the headset. If he is such a great coach, SAY SOMETHING!!! Oh and by the way, the defense was pretty bad this year as well. One of the main reasons why we are not in the playoffs is the defense. The safeties were awful, the linebackers were awful other than David Harris. The D-line stopped the run ok for most of the season but never got to the QB. Sure you can say that it is Tanny's fault, but Rex is the defensive guru.. You cannot tell me he had no say in the roster decisions at the beginning of the year, at least on the defensive side of the ball. He is the coach. Put the fault on Tanny if you want, but Rex has a defense that is going in the wrong direction and this is his strength, if he has one. In my opinion, as an honest Jets fan who isn't in lala land, Rex Ryan has created a circus. I realize he won't be fired, but he should be. And next year, he will be.

Yeah we're just 32-22 since he arrived with a rookie QB and a new defensive scheme. I'm not saying that's the *worst* three year record in Jets history, but it's close!

Rex has had his good points and bad points- made the Jets relevant agin and we did make the AFC championship games two years in a row. Nne thing he needs to do is take more control- he can not be everybody pals - he is the manager -they have to be responsible for the entire team not just one facet.

Did we win a Superbowl? ... Ok just checking

Well if it was that easy, why don't you go throw your name into the coaching ring.

You simplify it in the way that most irrational fans do. "Well we're winning, but that isn't good enough!" Give the guy some time. Three years is barely enough time to really set in your way and establish a winning franchise. Rex is the first head coach I can recall in Jets history who 1)made it fun to be a Jets fan, 2) has actually come here and won games consistently. 3) genuinely cares about seeing this franchise win. This is his passion, his life, fo the other guys before him it was just a job.

I find your attitude repugnant at the least, you have no patience, and if things don't meet your immediate expectations scrap the whole thing and start over. Well they have been trying that for the last 40 years and it keeps getting them nowhere. You are absolutely insane.

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Wow, this is an absolutley absurd thread. One bad season and your all ready to clean house ? I'm sure you all were complaining about Rex and Tanny after year 1 when we went 9-7, won 2 road playoff games & lost in the AFC Championship. Then in year 2, going 11-5, again winning 2 road playoff games & unfortunatey losing again in the AFC Championship. Iv'e been a Jets for for almost 30 years, and let me tell you....we have been to a ton of AFC Championship games. Sarcasm if you didn't pick that up. In 2008, the NYJ had the 16th ranked defense in the NFL, not bad. When Rex took over in 09', they beacme 1st. In 2010, they had a bit of a drop, all the way to 3rd overall. And then this year they we're 5th overall. There offense had the NFL's most 3&outs last year, hanging the defense out so many games. Which is a reason for there drop in play. This guy Rex Ryan doesn't do anything right. He has to go, what a bad coach I mean 2 AFC Championships and a defense consistently in the top 5, is just so-so. The team has 1 bad year and everyone is jumping off the band wagon. And by the way, 8-8 is a far cry from those 2-14, 1-15, 6-10 seasons we had in the past. He's 28-20 in 3 season & 4-2 in the playoffs. How many Jets coaches even have a winning record ? They barely had an off-season last year, had some injuries, lost some key guys, and had a bad OC, but it's certainly no reason to have Rex fired. So what he has confidence in his team. So what he feels as if there gonna win the superbowl each year, so what he's cocky and talks alot. Would you rather have him say we're not gonna win ? Everyone complained about Mangini bc of that style. Jets fans aren't happy unless there complaining about something. This sh*t going on rite now, who cares really ? Our season is over, what is there to do ? Rex has to fix this, Tanny has to fix this, and Holmes/Sanchez need to work there sh*t out. To get rid of a guy who has made us relevant the past 3 years is crazy. With Sparano coming on now, we finally have an OC who has the same philosphy as Rex. Beef up the o-line, get another RB, a few pieces on defense and there's no reason why we can't be back in the AFC title game next year.

Wow, this is an absolutley absurd thread. One bad season and your all ready to clean house ? I'm sure you all were complaining about Rex and Tanny after year 1 when we went 9-7, won 2 road playoff games & lost in the AFC Championship. Then in year 2, going 11-5, again winning 2 road playoff games & unfortunatey losing again in the AFC Championship. Iv'e been a Jets for for almost 30 years, and let me tell you....we have been to a ton of AFC Championship games. Sarcasm if you didn't pick that up. In 2008, the NYJ had the 16th ranked defense in the NFL, not bad. When Rex took over in 09', they beacme 1st. In 2010, they had a bit of a drop, all the way to 3rd overall. And then this year they we're 5th overall. There offense had the NFL's most 3&outs last year, hanging the defense out so many games. Which is a reason for there drop in play. This guy Rex Ryan doesn't do anything right. He has to go, what a bad coach I mean 2 AFC Championships and a defense consistently in the top 5, is just so-so. The team has 1 bad year and everyone is jumping off the band wagon. And by the way, 8-8 is a far cry from those 2-14, 1-15, 6-10 seasons we had in the past. He's 28-20 in 3 season & 4-2 in the playoffs. How many Jets coaches even have a winning record ? They barely had an off-season last year, had some injuries, lost some key guys, and had a bad OC, but it's certainly no reason to have Rex fired. So what he has confidence in his team. So what he feels as if there gonna win the superbowl each year, so what he's cocky and talks alot. Would you rather have him say we're not gonna win ? Everyone complained about Mangini bc of that style. Jets fans aren't happy unless there complaining about something. This sh*t going on rite now, who cares really ? Our season is over, what is there to do ? Rex has to fix this, Tanny has to fix this, and Holmes/Sanchez need to work there sh*t out. To get rid of a guy who has made us relevant the past 3 years is crazy. With Sparano coming on now, we finally have an OC who has the same philosphy as Rex. Beef up the o-line, get another RB, a few pieces on defense and there's no reason why we can't be back in the AFC title game next year.

+1

True

I like my coach and my GM aggressive. Either live or die by it. This year, we all died a little bit on the inside but the last 2 years, not so much. Get over it. We didnt win the superbowl, sheeeeeet, we didnt make the playoffs, how often has that happened recently. Thank you Rex and Tanny for giving us the opportunity these last 2 of 3 years to have a shot at the SB. 2 of 3 we got our ticket to the dance.

I'll take making the playoffs 2 out of every 3 years. what say you?

As far as the talk, I heard this talk ALL THE TIME when I played sports. I heard worse. Rex has no ******* filter. The dood just spews whatever sh*t is on his mind. Does that make him a bad coach, no.

I am not totally down on Rex yet like others, but I agree with you that he needs to make some changes and take over the ENTIRE team; it is so embarassing watching him in some post game press conferences and he has no answers for what was going on with the offense. I mean, c-mon man, a head coach needs to have the pulse of the entire team.

Rex also came out and said he just has to go back to being himself and that scares me. As a parent for many years I can assure you that one thing you can't be is your childs BFF. You will not get the respect you deserve and will not be able to discipline as required. I see the parent/child relationship much like a coach/player relationship and so far Rex just wants to be one of the guys. Rex needs to change his ways or these cancers will get worse. JMHO...

Exactly to the third power!

I like my coach and my GM aggressive. Either live or die by it. This year, we all died a little bit on the inside but the last 2 years, not so much. Get over it. We didnt win the superbowl, sheeeeeet, we didnt make the playoffs, how often has that happened recently. Thank you Rex and Tanny for giving us the opportunity these last 2 of 3 years to have a shot at the SB. 2 of 3 we got our ticket to the dance.

I'll take making the playoffs 2 out of every 3 years. what say you?

As far as the talk, I heard this talk ALL THE TIME when I played sports. I heard worse. Rex has no ******* filter. The dood just spews whatever sh*t is on his mind. Does that make him a bad coach, no.

What do I say....**** that....when the Pats go 11-5, 12-4, 13-3 and 14-2 year in and year out...we don't have the luxury to say "Oh well it was an off year"....is this what we have been reduced to...our expectation for our team is to be "happy" 2 out of the 3 years"...come on dude!

What do I say....**** that....when the Pats go 11-5, 12-4, 13-3 and 14-2 year in and year out...we don't have the luxury to say "Oh well it was an off year"....is this what we have been reduced to...our expectation for our team is to be "happy" 2 out of the 3 years"...come on dude!

LOL, go get yourself some red and blue there dood. You got a couple more years of Tommy Terrific and I beleive there may be a few seats available on that bandwagon after the game this weekend.

Look at what mumbles mcghee did his first 3 years as a HC and then take a look at Rex. He has only scratched the surface on his HC potential. SHEEEEEET, how many HC wish they started their HC careers as well as Rex. Fvck the hooded one, what the fvck has he won without tommy terrific?

OP - are you saying that in 40 years of following the team that you have not been embarrased by the likes of Clueless Kotite and the nose picking Joe Walton to name a few? Have you not seen a Jets locker room in disarray and players fighting each other? Come on Man!

Look at what mumbles mcghee did his first 3 years as a HC and then take a look at Rex. He has only scratched the surface on his HC potential. SHEEEEEET, how many HC wish they started their HC careers as well as Rex. Fvck the hooded one, what the fvck has he won without tommy terrific?

knapp01.png?w=480

Ahhh....the apples to oranges comparisons JN loves to make.

I like Rex as a coach and if his mouth ever gets out of the way, he might be damm good.

While Belichick did make some serious mistakes during his Cleveland days, your point is way off.

-Rex took over a 9-7 team; Bill took over a 3-13 team. A 3-13 team that was out scored by almost 15 points a game.

-In their first season's, Rex guided the Jets to a 9-7 record and made the playoffs with a much improved D (120 less points) and rookie QB; Bill improved the Browns to 6 wins. The D gave up 164 less points.

- By year 3, Rex's team, had started to show regression by falling to 8 wins. Bill's Browns that started from the bottom, continued to get better. The Jets' D has gotten progressively worse. Bill's team got progressively better. The D was solid from year 1 to 3 and topped out in year 4.

Of course, Bill did his building without the advent of free agency. Think BIll would like to have taken a few New York Giants like Rexy did?

Again, it is not to say Bill was perfect, but his building job was greater and done in a system that restricted movement.

LOL, go get yourself some red and blue there dood. You got a couple more years of Tommy Terrific and I beleive there may be a few seats available on that bandwagon after the game this weekend.

WTF are you talking about...band wagon? you have no clue dude.

That fvcking team that has gone 1 and done the last few years beat the ******* Broncos last week for thier 1st playoff win in about 4 years. BIG FVCKING DEAL. Get on their tip dood and get the fvckout of my house.

Hope your taking your meds!

You my friend are awesome.

Archived