A Call for Solidarity

BroadwayJ667

Your call for solidarity is largely based upon your belief that Schottenheimer was the single biggest problem with the team (and now he's gone) and by extension the single biggest impediment to the team's success.

Not everyone believes what you believe.

Go Jets.

I was never asking people to belive what I belive. I don't live that way. I just saw that this place was becoming too polarized. I like the tenson here but when it goes to the extreme I like it when cooler heads prevail. When I see people start saying that everyone has to go, generally I feel that we've strayed. We all know schotty was a huge problem, but in no way was I assuming he was the only problem. I generally support Tanny, but I'll acknowledge that his recent success may have gone to his head, and he has deveoped a blindspot. I also believe that this year was a bucket of cold water to wake them up, and that Rex and Tann can fix it.

I just get tired of coaching turnover every 3-4 years. It just leads to a tease, and the inevitable "hey he's not working anymore lets fire him."

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

We are all aware that this season has been a disappointment, and the fact that New England and the Giants are matched up in the Super Bowl only compounds the pain, now is the time for Jets fans to end the nit picking and sniping. Since the season has ended the venom and outrage has been on high and it has turned many of us against each other. The constant bickering is a delight to those who like to see the Jets suffer. Those in the media have taken advantage of the turmoil and will attempt to insight the fans rage with the slightest provokation. Our infighting only aids their goals and does nothing to help our situation.

There is no doubt that the team needs some urgent changes but I believe we can all agree that the most needed one has been taken care of. The one that we have been clamoring for for the past four to five years. Brian Schottenhiemer's removal. Let's remember he is gone. Yet for some here this is not enough. Everything needs to change to satiate some here, but this would come with great risk. While the rewards could be wonderful, the downside could be worse than what we witnessed this past season. I urge caution with your requests.

Be careful what you wish for.

And remember we all bleed green.

Of course, in this post, you've attempted to make your subjective assessment (Schotty is the biggest problem) into something objective. Not everyone agrees. Nor does the body of evidence that shows changing OC's doesn't often pay dividends in improving the offense.

So, it's a little hard to stand by your side on a point that many think is horribly misguided.

Nor does the body of evidence that shows changing OC's doesn't often pay dividends in improving the offense.

Was Schotts 6 year long run of mediocrity through multiple QB's and HC's enough of a body of evidence for you to see that his dismissal was long overdue?

cleary not...

yet Sanchez' 1 crappy year behind turnstiles on the OL and a locker room infested with bad character guys was apparently enough evidence for you to determine he's terrible and never will improve.

I see.

Was Schotts 6 year long run of mediocrity through multiple QB's and HC's enough of a body of evidence for you to see that his dismissal was long overdue?

cleary not...

yet Sanchez' 1 crappy year behind turnstiles on the OL and a locker room infested with bad character guys was apparently enough evidence for you to determine he's terrible and never will improve.

I see.

That'd be interesting if either of those were my premises.

1) I never said Schotty shouldn't be fired. Just that firing OC's is usually not the answer, it's mostly irrelevant.

2) I never said Sanchez had "1 bad year". I don't think Sanchez regressed at all. I think he played at the same level he's played at all along. Below average.

dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

The lumps he took the first 2 years were to be expected given his limited experience... The playoff runs were pretty damn impressive especially if you belive him to be an emo whiny whatever..

this past year he sucked but a lot more was going on then just him sucking.. it would at least take 1 more year under a new OC before we know who the real Mark is.

of the available QB's, the only one I'd rather have next year than Mark is Peyton.. but I still want Mark on the team as his padawan.

That'd be interesting if either of those were my premises.

1) I never said Schotty shouldn't be fired. Just that firing OC's is usually not the answer, it's mostly irrelevant.

2) I never said Sanchez had "1 bad year". I don't think Sanchez regressed at all. I think he played at the same level he's played at all along. Below average.

revamping the entire O including new terminology, decisions, coaching, etc is not irrelevant.

below average play doesn't win playoff road games against elite QB's. he's proven he can perform on the big stage which is a lot more than can be said for all these QB's you'd have replace him... One of Matt Flynns claims to fame is losing a close game against the Pats in NE.. the same field where Mark WON in the playoffs last year.

revamping the entire O including new terminology, decisions, coaching, etc is not irrelevant.

below average play doesn't win playoff road games against elite QB's. he's proven he can perform on the big stage which is a lot more than can be said for all these QB's you'd have replace him... One of Matt Flynns claims to fame is losing a close game against the Pats in NE.. the same field where Mark WON in the playoffs last year.

poor pac... same guy who would blame the defense if the Jets lost 37-28 credits the qb when we win 17-14.. doesn't even realize the inherent contradiction in those positions

Except, there's very limited, almost no, evidence to show that it works.

But, so long as you're giving him credit for being carried to the playoffs, then yes.

Archived