Star Wars Mafia #2 - Game Thread

Bleedin Green

This is a good thing. He's disgusting. Did you see the Ape Thread? He took SMC'ing to a whole new level. Its all the commentary but more plus how he figured out the game on day 1. Serioulsy, its disgusting and its now the Ape Thread. SMC Thread has been retired.

I must say, I found it fantastically ironic that SMC of all people was the one who actually declined joining the thread once named after him, in case I needed a replacement player.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good thing. He's disgusting. Did you see the Ape Thread? He took SMC'ing to a whole new level. Its all the commentary but more plus how he figured out the game on day 1. Serioulsy, its disgusting and its now the Ape Thread. SMC Thread has been retired.

I didn't read all of it, was reading it from my phone. Has the ape ever NOT had the game figured out by day 1?

I must say, I found it fantastically ironic that SMC of all people was the one who actually declined joining the thread once named after him, in case I needed a replacement player.

Even more reason to retire it and rename it, Ape Thread.

I didn't read all of it, was reading it from my phone. Has the ape ever NOT had the game figured out by day 1?

Its disgusting. Every single player in the game is a complete idiot, has no idea what they are doing, played the worst game he's ever seen, has got worse while he's improved to elite status, he had both scum teams completely figured out, was killed because they were scared of him...serioulsy, it was disgusting.

Ape Thread.

Tough mudder looks really cool, I have some friends doing it.

Once I do my 1/2 Marathon in April followed by a full in August I want try it.

You're a big guy aren't you? Pretty awesome to see big dudes do things out of their comfort zone. I know a 5'11 235 dude who runs marathons, crazy.

You're a big guy aren't you? Pretty awesome to see big dudes do things out of their comfort zone. I know a 5'11 235 dude who runs marathons, crazy.

Yeah I'm about 230 right now, but I hope to be 215/210 by the half and below 200 by the full.

When I played rugby and in the best shape of my life I was about 185, so it's hopefully doable.

Tough mudder looks really cool, I have some friends doing it.

Once I do my 1/2 Marathon in April followed by a full in August I want try it.

yeah I have some friends that have done it they just did the one in Georgia last weekend it was like 20 deg lol. I can't wait to try it and ill update the pic when I'm done training nae :D

Yeah I'm about 230 right now, but I hope to be 215/210 by the half and below 200 by the full.

When I played rugby and in the best shape of my life I was about 185, so it's hopefully doable.

Oh that'd be easy then. I just alway sthink it's awesome seeing people do something outside their comfort zone.

Yeah running is definitely out of the comfort zone. The whole debacle started when I moved in with the ladyfriend, kinesiology undergrad and health/fitness nut.

Yea I'm pretty much strictly into Olympic lifts with some fringe gymnastics work like 2-3 times a week. On a 12 week program now and it's painful, I'm just not great at them but it's pushing me.

Does she tell you not to squat below parallel? Hahaha.

Yeah, I know a lot of people that have done tough mudder, definitely a very popular thing a lot of people seem to enjoy. I'd personally love to do it, but my problem has always been even when I was in the best shape of my life, cardio endurance was always an issue. I was told at some point along the way that apparently I have exercise-induced asthma, so it's kind of an uphill battle there, but that's not to say I couldn't use some serious cardio work anyway. Definitely great for anyone who gets themselves into the proper shape and gets it done.

Yeah, I know a lot of people that have done tough mudder, definitely a very popular thing a lot of people seem to enjoy. I'd personally love to do it, but my problem has always been even when I was in the best shape of my life, cardio endurance was always an issue. I was told at some point along the way that apparently I have exercise-induced asthma, so it's kind of an uphill battle there, but that's not to say I couldn't use some serious cardio work anyway. Definitely great for anyone who gets themselves into the proper shape and gets it done.

Sprints baby. I don't ever do more than a mile run. Ever. Lol.

Sprints baby. I don't ever do more than a mile run. Ever. Lol.

Hoops baby. Best cardio workout you can do.

2 nights of hoops. 4 nights of weights with some ellipticals thrown in there 2 out of those 4 nights = Sun's Out, Gun's Out.

The weights thingy is awesome. I never thought I'd be into them as much as I am. I was always, the run, push ups, sit ups guy when I need to lose the extra pounds put on during Football season. But I'm like really into lifting. Helped me kick the extra weight fast this year. After 3 weeks, I'd pretty much lost all the weight I needed. Now I'm not losing weight because I'm adding muscle.

The thing thats a bitch is the belly. Hard to get the flab to muscle. Everything else kind of started taking form quickly.

I really do need to start doing something. I've got memberships to two different gyms at this point, go regularly, and yet couldn't tell you the last time I did a damn bit of cardio.

Stationary bike is a great way to get back into it. Random hill program for about 30 minutes. Its low impact and adjusts to your pace.

Stationary bike is a great way to get back into it. Random hill program for about 30 minutes. Its low impact and adjusts to your pace.

Yeah, I actually was doing that for a while, just need to get back into it. Was definitely the one thing I could do for an extended period of time without my windpipe closing up on me, so it's certainly the right place to start.

Hoops baby. Best cardio workout you can do.

2 nights of hoops. 4 nights of weights with some ellipticals thrown in there 2 out of those 4 nights = Sun's Out, Gun's Out.

The weights thingy is awesome. I never thought I'd be into them as much as I am. I was always, the run, push ups, sit ups guy when I need to lose the extra pounds put on during Football season. But I'm like really into lifting. Helped me kick the extra weight fast this year. After 3 weeks, I'd pretty much lost all the weight I needed. Now I'm not losing weight because I'm adding muscle.

The thing thats a bitch is the belly. Hard to get the flab to muscle. Everything else kind of started taking form quickly.

Medicine balls, my man. I still need to drop some weight before I'm worrying about sporting a 6-pack, but it's definitely the best bet I've found.

I really do need to start doing something. I've got memberships to two different gyms at this point, go regularly, and yet couldn't tell you the last time I did a damn bit of cardio.

I preach short, intense efforts for cardio. Whether it's sprints, Crossfit/circuit training, jump roping, whatever. I think the best break down I give to guys is this: Look at olympic sprinters. They are jacked. Even Usain Bolt who is a lanky build is pretty jacked. Then go look at olympic marathon runners. They look like they're going to die. As a dude would you rather be jacked or skinny? So yes, while long state steady cardio isn't a terrible thing sometimes, it's terrible all the time.

And it all depends on your goals, whether it's performance, vanity, general preparedness. I do Crossfit, and I'm a smaller guy, so I dominate workouts that are gymnastics based, but I struggle with the olympic lifts, so I'm working on nothing but olympic lifts and squatting. Now I'm rambling but my point is- know your goal and be honest. If it's vanity... nothing wrong with that, and go from there. I would only recommend don't waste time with machines. Compound lifts ftmfw.

Archived