Peyton - jets better be in the mix after schefter report

aec4

How so, exactly? The guy rivals Peyton in terms of intelligence on the football field. I don't know many that were better pre-snap than Pennington.

LOL. I could easily post a 10-page diatribe on how wrong you are, but I'll just summarize at this: his arm strength had nothing to do with the fact that he was a nutless, choke-artist, douchebag who in his entire career never did a damn thing against an even slightly competent defense.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard this argument elsewhere and it definitely is a valid one. BUT, the problem here is that Peyton is waiting for neurological regeneration which may never happen.

This isn't about post surgery rehab to get your strength better. There are already reports that Peyton has plateaued in the regeneration process. You can't strengthen nerves. They either regenerate or they don't. End of story.

Oh yeah, I definitely hear you, and it's absolutely a concern. The point is, if the only choices are Mark Sanchez or Peyton Manning, it might just be worth the risk.

Report: Peyton working out at Duke, with Cutcliffe

Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2012, 6:59 PM EST

peyton3-e1328745489393.jpg?w=250

AP

Two weeks ago, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning said that dramatic changes in the franchise made the team facility a difficult place for healing. And so Peyton apparently has decided to take a break.

The folks at the Duke Hoop Blog report thatPeyton is working out on campus, with long-time family friend and advisor David Cutcliffe, the head coach of the Blue Devils football program.

The disclosure came from Duke offensive lineman Matt Skura, who posted this afternoon on Twitter that he “[g]ot to stretch next to Peyton Manning.”

The development, if accurate, indicates a couple of things. First, it bolsters the notion that Manning currently is less focused on his neck and more focused on his throwing. Second, it suggests that Manning feels more comfortable away from the team facility, which will serve only to increase speculation of an imminent divorce.

We’re trying to confirm that Peyton’s return to the NFL has indeed taken a detour to Duke.

Manning was quoted saying this in the Indy Star....

"Whatever the deadline is," Peyton said, "(the decision) will happen at some point. It doesn't necessarily have to be today or tomorrow. Whatever, my routine is not going to change. I know what I need to do."

Over the weekend, it was reported Peyton would agree to be flexible with contract demands with a new team, accepting an incentive-laden deal that takes into account his rehab from the Sept. 8 neck surgery. According to sources, there will be no lack of suitors if Manning hits the open market -- the Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets, etc.

Manning laughed.

"I've always wanted to meet 'sources,' " he said. " 'Source' and 'they' seem to know an awful lot, but they aren't always accurate. I haven't had many discussions with Tom (Condon, his agent). I told Tom all I want to do is continue to rehab."

He is uncertain where that might occur. He likely will spend time at the Colts' West 56th Street facility but might hop-scotch the country so he can throw with familiar receivers.

"I want to go home, too," he said. "We haven't been to New Orleans yet."

You're missing it, man. We're not asking which Superbowl contender Peyton would go to. We're asking which Superbowl contender doesn't have a QB?

Well, let's go down "Superbowl Contenders":

Packers? Got a QB

Giants? Got a QB

Patriots? Got a QB

Cowboys? Got a QB

Eagles? Got a QB

Bears? Got a QB

Texans? Got a QB (or three)

Falcons? Got a QB

So literally every Superbowl contender has a set QB, except: SF, Jets. Can you think of anyone else?

Well if you think that much of the Jets then you should probably throw Arizona in the mix with the way they finished the year.

Right now I think the Jets have enough holes/question marks right now that I don't consider them a Super Bowl contender in 2012

Well if you think that much of the Jets then you should probably throw Arizona in the mix with the way they finished the year.

Right now I think the Jets have enough holes/question marks right now that I don't consider them a Super Bowl contender in 2012

Vegas does

Las Vegas Hilton

star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpgGreen Bay Packers 6/1 New England Patriots 7/1 New Orleans Saints 17/2 Houston Texans 12/1 Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1 Baltimore Ravens 14/1 Philadelphia Eagles 14/1 New York Giants 15/1 San Francisco 49ers 15/1 New York Jets 16/1 San Diego Chargers 16/1 Dallas Cowboys 18/1 Detroit Lions 18/1 Atlanta Falcons 22/1 Arizona Cardinals 30/1 Chicago Bears 30/1 Miami Dolphins 30/1 Cincinnati Bengals 40/1 Carolina Panthers 45/1 Tennessee Titans 45/1 Denver Broncos 50/1 Indianapolis Colts 50/1 Kansas City Chiefs 50/1 Oakland Raiders 50/1 Buffalo Bills 60/1 Seattle Seahawks 60/1 Washington Redskins 60/1 Minnesota Vikings 75/1 St. Louis Rams 75/1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 75/1 Cleveland Browns 100/1 Jacksonville Jaguars 100/1

Strange how the Pats are 7-1 and the Giants are 15-1

Archived