Wes Welker to be franchise tagged

Blackout

he has already been paid for past performance. Is he worth 9 mil per going forward?

In signing bonus, yes.

The 9 mil is all hes guaranteed if franchised. A longer term deal with 9 + mil signing bonus is essentially the same thing, but Welker can earn more money with added salary, incentives, etc.

http://www.coldhardf..._to_Welker.html

Nice informative article on New Englands struggles with their down field passing game.

Interesting article.

That is why I was hoping they would adjust their game plan a little, especially with Gronk slowed, and get Ocho into the game plan on the outside. I heard way too many times this season that the Patriots try to control the middle of the field.

Ocho will not stretch the field, but he might make the D pay attention a little more. Plus, he is a little more suited to go downfield.

If sanchez had welker, welker would be lucky to have 50 catches and 300 yds

Maybe, maybe not. Its also about play design/protection as well. Maybe if Sanchez had a scheme that played to his strength as a QB then the amount of catches Welker or any WR for that matter wouldnt make a difference if the offensive is producing and we're winning.

I understand many Jet fans dont like sanchez or think he can produce. I for one think he can with the right tools around him.

Maybe, maybe not. Its also about play design/protection as well. Maybe if Sanchez had a scheme that played to his strength as a QB then the amount of catches Welker or any WR for that matter wouldnt make a difference if the offensive is producing and we're winning.

I understand many Jet fans dont like sanchez or think he can produce. I for one think he can with the right tools around him.

Please define MS skillset please

He has none (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

Has no pocket presence (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

Has no chance to turn things around, because he isn't a hard worker (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

It wasn't Schottys fault at all (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

I can keep going...but the one similarity in all posts...IS YOU'RE A DUMBASS

don't let the wallowing SOJFs get to you , Jon and get you vacationed

not really worth your effort

time to sit back, wait and enjoy the 2012 season and Marks great season that will make these clowns look dumber than dumb

Sure.

He's a play action/bootleg passer with some playmaking abilities running the ball at the moment. However, generally speaking....he's a quarterback.

Now if you would like a more specific answer make sure you contact the offensive coaching staff and ask them, and while you're at it make sure that those coaches have the correct coaching skill set to develop a young quarterback as well as the other skill sets around that QB to create a functioning offense.

The pessimism on this website of a 3 year QB that has statistically gotten better every year he's been in the league is getting f'ing ridiculous already.

He has none (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

Has no pocket presence (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

Has no chance to turn things around, because he isn't a hard worker (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

It wasn't Schottys fault at all (that's what a dumbass like you would say)

I can keep going...but the one similarity in all posts...IS YOU'RE A DUMBASS

Your nickname has to be Pot

midget fans were saying the same crap (worse actually since he hadn't achieved any postseason success at all) after his third season

and in his fourth season, he made all the naysayers look really really really bad

Big difference Eli played some great games in his first year, we are still looking to See one of them, u know where team wins game because of him!!!

Not forgetting them, but he wasnt the sole reason for the win. he actually played decent in them and gave me hope. Too much film on him now, teams have made adjustments

and he is just not football smart.

I know.

In signing bonus, yes.

The 9 mil is all hes guaranteed if franchised. A longer term deal with 9 + mil signing bonus is essentially the same thing, but Welker can earn more money with added salary, incentives, etc.

Well, that makes sense. I was thinking of a longer term.

He has none (that's what a dumbass like you would say) Has no pocket presence (that's what a dumbass like you would say) Has no chance to turn things around, because he isn't a hard worker (that's what a dumbass like you would say) It wasn't Schottys fault at all (that's what a dumbass like you would say) I can keep going...but the one similarity in all posts...IS YOU'RE A DUMBASS

Sanchez has not realized his full potential. In reality he skipped his senior year of college, so maturity wise he is a second year player. If they would give him a quality QB coach to work with him all offseason, he will be ready to take that big next step

Sanchez has not realized his full potential. In reality he skipped his senior year of college, so maturity wise he is a second year player. If they would give him a quality QB coach to work with him all offseason, he will be ready to take that big next step

being saddled with a really crappy offensive coordinator for his first three years in the NFL certainly didn't help matters. Now with the moron out the door and ruining Sam Bradford, watch Mark shine in 2012 and beyond

Archived