Maybin To Get First Round Tender

denden29

Jenny Vrentas@JennyVrentas:

Jets plan to tender RFA Aaron Maybin at original (first) round tender, source says. Won't do long-term deal this year. #nyj

Jets | Aaron Maybin to receive first-round tender

Source: footballguys1117617.jpg

The New York Jets plan to tender restricted free-agent LB Aaron Maybin at the first-round level this offseason but are not interested in signing him to a long-term deal at this point.

Read more: http://www.fantasysp...r#ixzz1nG9tAU8k

we cant lose the only guy fast enough on defense to run around everyone(twice) and get a sack...seriously last year it looked like he was the only one trying.

How hard is it for some one on our team to pass rush...damn I wish he had some one that could get decent pressure on the QB...we pick someone up that can do that our D get 5 times as good...one guy thats all we need

According to Jenny Vrentas:

The Jets will tender restricted free-agent OLB Aaron Maybin at his original (first-round) tender, which is expected to be around $1.3 million, according to a person with knowledge of the Jets’ plans. They do not plan to do a long-term deal at this time with Maybin, who had six sacks last season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The $1.3 million will count against the cap.

Interesting. Does this mean that they like him or that they don't like him? If they loved him they'd probably want to lock him up, but they obviously see the value so they are tendering him. Probably a good move because he sure doesn't look like an every down player and they wouldn't want to put too much money into him before he proves he warrants more playing time.

Interesting. Does this mean that they like him or that they don't like him? If they loved him they'd probably want to lock him up, but they obviously see the value so they are tendering him. Probably a good move because he sure doesn't look like an every down player and they wouldn't want to put too much money into him before he proves he warrants more playing time.

I think you are exactly right lets see what he can do after year one and now with the system in his head. Can he become a everydown player, can he get pressure everygame?

I really think this is because hes the only PRer we got and everyone knows he's not exactly a lock...

I am rooting for mayhem though, its like we can pretend gholston didnt happen..

I think this is the perfect way for the Jets to play this. One pretty good partial season for your team out of a player isn't enough to commit big money to him (see: Holmes, Santonio), but the fact still remains that he's not a guy the Jets want to risk losing at this point either. Bottom line, he has a skillset unmatched by anyone else on this team. His speed off the ball really is just so very impressive, and if the Jets can take advantage of a full offseason and a year's worth of tape to make an already far-improved player even better, this may very well be a guy worth keeping around. In the meantime, give him a year to prove that and discuss it again this time next year.

Maybin had some good games in the middle of the season but he was a ghost in the Eagles and Giants games... down the stretch when the team needed it the most he didn't produce.

I would think that is because at that point our opponents figured out Maybin was the only guy who could produce a decent pass rush on our team, so they just focused their pass rush protection on Maybin. JPP wouldn't be as good as he was on the Giants if it weren't for Tuck and Osi. When you only have to worry about one guy, it makes it a lot easier to shut that guy down. Maybin on the Giants could have double digit sacks due to all the 1-v-1 situations he would find himself in.

I would think that is because at that point our opponents figured out Maybin was the only guy who could produce a decent pass rush on our team, so they just focused their pass rush protection on Maybin.

There was a play against the Eagles, he had his arms around Vick's waist, obviously it's tough for any1 to tackle vick but it wasn't because of double teams. He's not a complete player and he hit the wall.

There was a play against the Eagles, he had his arms around Vick's waist, obviously it's tough for any1 to tackle vick but it wasn't because of double teams. He's not a complete player and he hit the wall.

Certainly possible, but there isn't any question opposing offenses knew the only guy who could provide a pass rush was Maybin. Not hard to shut him down once you actively try to.

Maybin had some good games in the middle of the season but he was a ghost in the Eagles and Giants games... down the stretch when the team needed it the most he didn't produce.

He basically has no move. Just speed off the edge. And he is as light as a feather. Any kind of contact nbounces him out past the QB. He needs to spin back inside.

Newsflash...NO ONE produced down the stretch. That's why they're in the mess they're in.

His signature move is to run in a straight line unblocked into the QB. I don't think he's a keeper,

Not a keeper? Really. Do you mean not worth a roster spot or not worth real money? I think he is easily worth the roster spot and with minimal special teams production worth being active. I don't want to give him much of a contract though.

I think it means they don't want to lose him but want to see more before they commit serious money long term to the guy.

Not a keeper? Really. Do you mean not worth a roster spot or not worth real money? I think he is easily worth the roster spot and with minimal special teams production worth being active. I don't want to give him much of a contract though.

Not worth real money. I think they did exactly the right move for him. It shows they're skeptical about his long term upside which makes alot of sense to me.

Archived