So, WHEN Peyton is a Jet.. what say you? 16-0?

pointman

He won't cost us 20M this season... They can give him a 25M signing bonus over 5 years, and 8 million in salary year 1.. That's a 13M cap hit, but 33M in his pocket... obvsiously you can adjust.. and don't forget my point about incentives.. because Manning didn't play last year, most incentives would be categorized NLTBE under the old system (not sure if it changed in last negotiation).. which would mean, that if Manning earns the incentives, they hit next years cap

This.

However Daniel Snider is already offering a blank check so this will be tough. Would really have to sell Peyton on having a top D, a pro bowl, LT, C, OG, a SB MVP caliber WR a solid pass catching TE and bulldozing like rushing attack. Not sure if there's enough there but that's the selling point. That they're the closest team to a SB in the hunt.

This.

However Daniel Snider is already offering a blank check so this will be tough. Would really have to sell Peyton on having a top D, a pro bowl, LT, C, OG, a SB MVP caliber WR a solid pass catching TE and bulldozing like rushing attack. Not sure if there's enough there but that's the selling point. That they're the closest team to a SB in the hunt.

I don't think there's anyway in hell Peyton is going to the Skins, regardless of what Snyder offers.

Facing Eli twice a year is not in his interest, and neither is it in Archie's interest. Their dream is for Eli and Peyton to face each other in the SB every year until Peyton retires. They've actually talked about facing each other in a "meaningful game," i.e., the SB.

I don't think there's anyway in hell Peyton is going to the Skins, regardless of what Snyder offers.

Facing Eli twice a year is not in his interest, and neither is it in Archie's interest. Their dream is for Eli and Peyton to face each other in the SB every year until Peyton retires. They've actually talked about facing each other in a "meaningful game," i.e., the SB.

Good point.

This...

Which is why I think he stays in AFC and why I think Houston Jets and Miami make most sense..

I think Miami will have the strongest interest, but is the least desirable... Jets are middle desirable, middle interest and Houston is most desirable, but least interest

This...

Which is why I think he stays in AFC and why I think Houston Jets and Miami make most sense..

I think Miami will have the strongest interest, but is the least desirable... Jets are middle desirable, middle interest and Houston is most desirable, but least interest

Yep, my guess is that he's staying in the AFC. Houston has already said it has no interest, but it will be interesting to see if the Manning camp starts to lobby them.

This...

Yep. If I'm Houston I'm doing everything I can to keep Mario and just stay healthy. Best team on paper if that happens. Not sure Miami would be least desirable though. Warm weather, solid D, all pro LT and WR, solid pass catching TE with a dynamic back who can catch out of the backfield.

Best team on paper if that happens. Not sure Miami would be least desirable though. Warm weather, solid D, all pro LT and WR, solid pass catching TE with a dynamic back who can catch out of the backfield.

Miami also has a new offensive minded HC who probably wouldn't be on board with acquiescing every decision to Peyton. Matt Flynn is going to Miami.

Rex would tell Manning he calls the shots on O - no questions asked. Sporano would be on board because a prolific offense makes him a more attractive candidate for future HC openings.

I will still be in Rochester that last week of the month to beat your a$$.

I'd maintain a steady jab at your left roll before taking you out with a roundhouse kick to your 3rd chin. The only way I'm in trouble is if you grab me for a bear hug.

Peyton signs. Woody raises ticket prices where he can and the beer wil cost 2 bucks more.

Peyton goes down and JETS have to play with McElroy. Jets 7-9!

Fan vent on JN on how awful this franchise is and the forum reaches 2.5 millionth post by end of season!

What if we sign Braylon?

Archived