So, WHEN Peyton is a Jet.. what say you? 16-0?

pointman

13-3... We're not getting the Peyton on 2004... We're going to be getting a guy with declining skills who no longer played in a dome.. there's not going to be any kind of an ariel show, no 50 TD and 5k yards... We will be getting Pro Bowl caliber play to mix with a top 3 defense.. historically, a great indicator of post season success

13-3... We're not getting the Peyton on 2004... We're going to be getting a guy with declining skills who no longer played in a dome.. there's not going to be any kind of an ariel show, no 50 TD and 5k yards... We will be getting Pro Bowl caliber play to mix with a top 3 defense.. historically, a great indicator of post season success

So let me ask this what players are we getting rid of or restructuring to make this happen ? Whos filling our holes at safty and LB on D and what skill players is Manning going to have ? I think if we get Manning your in for a rude awakening.

So let me ask this what players are we getting rid of or restructuring to make this happen ? Whos filling our holes at safty and LB on D and what skill players is Manning going to have ? I think if we get Manning your in for a rude awakening.

I dont' think so.. I havent' kept up on the contract situation, but removign acnhez has to be big cap relief for this year.. In addition, for this season, I believe any incentive based contract would be NLTBE, meaning the cap hit would happen in 2013

Lastly, if our GM is good at 1 thing and 1 thing only, it's mananging the cap... have some faith

I dont' think so.. I havent' kept up on the contract situation, but removign acnhez has to be big cap relief for this year.. In addition, for this season, I believe any incentive based contract would be NLTBE, meaning the cap hit would happen in 2013

Lastly, if our GM is good at 1 thing and 1 thing only, it's mananging the cap... have some faith

I cant say Im 100 % sure but I think we are around 9 mil under the cap and dump sanchez and you get what another 10 mil so lets figure 19 mil how much does manning cost us ? maybe 20 if he comes here ? So no holes get filled and we are expecting a one man revelation coming to a new team filled with idiots on Offense ? Remember its not only Peyton that will have to Adjust to a new offense its the entire team and we dont have the brighest bulbs in the box on the offensive side of the ball. I know you know this goes way deeper than just signing Manning and going 13-3

If manning was 32 I think it would make more sense than him being 36 coming off a year with no football

I cant say Im 100 % sure but I think we are around 9 mil under the cap and dump sanchez and you get what another 10 mil so lets figure 19 mil how much does manning cost us ? maybe 20 if he comes here ? So no holes get filled and we are expecting a one man revelation coming to a new team filled with idiots on Offense ? Remember its not only Peyton that will have to Adjust to a new offense its the entire team and we dont have the brighest bulbs in the box on the offensive side of the ball. I know you know this goes way deeper than just signing Manning and going 13-3

He won't cost us 20M this season... They can give him a 25M signing bonus over 5 years, and 8 million in salary year 1.. That's a 13M cap hit, but 33M in his pocket... obvsiously you can adjust.. and don't forget my point about incentives.. because Manning didn't play last year, most incentives would be categorized NLTBE under the old system (not sure if it changed in last negotiation).. which would mean, that if Manning earns the incentives, they hit next years cap

He won't cost us 20M this season... They can give him a 25M signing bonus over 5 years, and 8 million in salary year 1.. That's a 13M cap hit, but 33M in his pocket... obvsiously you can adjust.. and don't forget my point about incentives.. because Manning didn't play last year, most incentives would be categorized NLTBE under the old system (not sure if it changed in last negotiation).. which would mean, that if Manning earns the incentives, they hit next years cap

Then you have to worry about how much other teams that have huge cap space like the KC Chiefs and Cardinals and in that respect how do wwe compete ?

Then you have to worry about how much other teams that have huge cap space like the KC Chiefs and Cardinals and in that respect how do wwe compete ?

Just like I said.. They could give him a 7 year deal with a 42M bonus and 7M in salary.. That's 49M in his pocket and a 13M cap hit... I don't think you understand the cap at all

Super Bowl Champs right off the bat?

Nay sayers need not respond.

I can't wait to river dance on the faces of my friends who bandwagon the Gay Giants.

CTM is back and we're getting Peyton? What's next bacon and doughnuts falling from the sky?

I was optimistic last night but between Mike and Mike and Rome pissing all over the idea I'm not so sure. I think they're a being a little dramatic about describing the circus like atmosphere with the Jets, but it's true that Peyton doesn't seem like a guy who would want to get involved.

Sanchez and Sporano ftw?

Archived