Peyton tells agent to begin negotiations with...

THE ILK

Look at it this way, if Sanchez doesn't turn it around you'll be able bash Tanny this time next year for not going all in on manning... Think of it as delayed gratification ya filthy prick

I don't bash Tanny for decisions I agreed with when they were made. That's how ethical I am. I actually credit the Jets for not making a spectacle of themselves chasing Peyton. Sure, Peyton helped them out by (perhaps?) dropping them in the first round of cuts, but they still did a decent job of not overplaying their hand. Whether Manning goes to Denver and wins three Super Bowls or leaves there on a stretcher, I won't make a peep about Tannenbaum's level of interest either way.

Elways finally gets rid if that albatross, Tebow....and without backlash. Amazing feat.

SF will now pay Smith more than they intended and the chances of Smith's new toys at WR being happy for the entire year are small. Miami looks like it's stuck with their heads up their azz. Arizona is paying big money to someone they do not beleive in and Matt Hasslebeck will play with a chip on his shoulder - then actually chip his shoulder and get IR'ed.

There was some silly rumor about the Patriots being interested in Tebow. I suspect this started because of Josh McDouchey (and trust me, if he talks the powers that be into Tim Tebow I will personally start collecting funds for the shoot Joshy between the eyes effort). Anyway, what would you do with him? How would he "play" in the Boston area? Not well, I'll tell yah. This is a hotbed for liberal heathens. His good golly, praise the Lord schtick would wear our faster than a pair of cheap Payless shoes.

The Jets couldn't even sign D-Lister Reggie Nelson. How hard is it for you to accept that A-Lister Peyton said "no" to the Jets? He wasn't interested. Never was. The Jets were not an attractive destination.

The Jets had nothing better than the other choices.

Omg, Reggie Nelson signed with his hiome town team.. you drama queens are acting like he signs with a CFL team instead of the Jets.. Happens every day

Horse face + Horse teeth

How ironic that they will be the faces of the Broncos.

I guess Peyton doesn't care about winning SuperBowls after all. If he did, he'd be in SF with Moss, Manningham and it sounded like they were willing to get Wallace for him too... oh, and the top defense in the league.

Denver may be better for that.. No rodgers brees or Eli.... Only have Pats (who suck and choke) and Steelers (who are cheap and want to ground and pound like tards)

Compeittion to get to SB much easier in AFC

I don't bash Tanny for decisions I agreed with when they were made. That's how ethical I am. I actually credit the Jets for not making a spectacle of themselves chasing Peyton. Sure, Peyton helped them out by (perhaps?) dropping them in the first round of cuts, but they still did a decent job of not overplaying their hand. Whether Manning goes to Denver and wins three Super Bowls or leaves there on a stretcher, I won't make a peep about Tannenbaum's level of interest either way.

Cause you are naively believing that the Jets were ever really interested.. It's been all about Sanchez..

Kudos to Denver for having the sense to drop a loser at QB

Cause you are naively believing that the Jets were ever really interested.. It's been all about Sanchez..

That's made a lot easier when the only person involved in your team that even liked him to begin with was sh*t-canned over a year ago.

And you're naively believing that Peyton wanted anything to do with the Jets. The Broncos is a better choice for him, always was. He doesn't have to share NY with Eli, avoids the NY media, and avoids playing Brady twice a year. Plus, the Broncos told Peyton they can pay him a 5 yr $95 million contract.

And you're naively believing that Peyton wanted anything to do with the Jets. The Broncos is a better choice for him, always was. He doesn't have to share NY with Eli, avoids the NY media, and avoids playing Brady twice a year.

And Holmes, and Rex, and Woody...

And you're naively believing that Peyton wanted anything to do with the Jets. The Broncos is a better choice for him, always was. He doesn't have to share NY with Eli, avoids the NY media, and avoids playing Brady twice a year. Plus, the Broncos told Peyton they can pay him a 5 yr $95 million contract.

Gimme a break, the Jets didn't pursue him seriously.. That's my point, which to me, is fairly clear. I'm not going to speculate on how appealing sharing NY with Eli would've been when the Jets didnt even try.

ANd I'm not really interested in debating the latter with a buinch of people going out of there way to make the Jets look bad, it's seriously unbelievavle that anybody would read anything into Reggie Nelson chosing to stay put over moving. More unbelievable, this time last year many here argued that players would take less money to come here (bs), not the pendulum has swung in the other direction and we're toxic.. it's nonsensical

Elways finally gets rid if that albatross, Tebow....and without backlash. Amazing feat. SF will now pay Smith more than they intended and the chances of Smith's new toys at WR being happy for the entire year are small. Miami looks like it's stuck with their heads up their azz. Arizona is paying big money to someone they do not beleive in and Matt Hasslebeck will play with a chip on his shoulder - then actually chip his shoulder and get IR'ed. There was some silly rumor about the Patriots being interested in Tebow. I suspect this started because of Josh McDouchey (and trust me, if he talks the powers that be into Tim Tebow I will personally start collecting funds for the shoot Joshy between the eyes effort). Anyway, what would you do with him? How would he "play" in the Boston area? Not well, I'll tell yah. This is a hotbed for liberal heathens. His good golly, praise the Lord schtick would wear our faster than a pair of cheap Payless shoes.

Spot on across the board.

Gimme a break, the Jets didn't pursue him hard .. That's my point. I'm not going to speculate on how appealing sharing NY with Eli would've been when the Jets didnt even try. Which to me, is fairly clear

I think the Jets made a call to inquire interest and we're probably adviced not to bother.

I think the Jets made a call to inquire interest and we're probably adviced not to bother.

Exactly. Plus, with it being reported now that Peyton is looking for a 5 yr $90 million deal (Broncos, Niners and Titans told Team Peyton that they could afford that), it's quite obvious the Jets couldn't meet his financial demands.

Archived