Sometimes I can't handle this forum

stoicsentry

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I was going to say something similar, but I didn't know which one of the 15 Tebow threads to commment in. I would rather not have Tebow for Sancezes sake, but I understand why they would want a player like him.

Look GB, PERHAPS this kid (who went 1-4 to end the year) can add SOMETHING to our offense, as much as B Smith did (who we let walk) minus the KR and ability to complete NFL-caliber passes more than half the time. Would you spend a 4th rounder to get B Smith back?? In a year, unlike two years ago, when we are thinner than Karen Carpenter in tights at MOST areas on the field, such as MLB, S, OL, RB, WR, and of course, the whole we still have yet to plug, unless you count Aaron Maybin's 5 sacks, which come from a guy that could NEVER be a serviceable lineman in the NFL, continuing our dependence on trickery to disrupt a QB, which is apparently our new philosophy all around.........I think we could have used that pick somewhere else. Christ, (sorry Tim) the ONLY two things we've done besides this so far is sure up the one guy who can SINGLE-HANDEDLY assure us an L on any given Sunday, Nick Folk AND sign a f----ing back up QB!! So, we go from no one last year to filling four roster spots and about 20% of cap space on the position. Wow

Look, GB (and stoic and the rest.) though I will admit that in football terms, this only equates to one crappy move, which we deal with regularly, ONLY because of the fact that I am confident in the reality that Tebow will NEVER beat out Sanchez OR Drew Stanton for the starting job legitimately, and of course I remain steadfast in my surmise that Mark Sanchez (in the magic QB year 4 following steady improvement in all the recordable areas over his first three AND without freak occurrences like the Ravens game and the tiff with Holmes) should remain in the top tier of QB's in the AFC all year...to the point where even after a couple losses Tebow would not be even a reasonable after thought. I mean, Sanchez is just as dangerous in the "redzone/goalline" as we were # 1 for much of the year and he had 6 rushing TDs to tie Tebow. And that is just ONE small way in which this is a bad FOOTBALL move. Why shave TDs off of your franchise QB? If for nothing else, his stock value or maybe his confidence, his momentum....why? I'll tell you why.......and it is the reason, Stoic and GB and the rest, that some people are flippin out more than usual even, to the point where I was questioning MY future with the team...lol.......

It's because this DOES not make a shred of football sense (and dont tell me about Tony Sporano in Miami. That offense, much like Denver's last year was an offense designed to COMPENSATE for the lack of an NFL caliper QB. At the time it was none other than Chad Pennington with his injury plaqued arm and Chad Henne----perfectly healthy lol They had to utilize RB and RW so they did that crap. It's like the Knicks having Carmelo A take the ball up when they had no PG. So, it was successful for a minute, just like Denver's was last year. Did I mention Tebow went 1-4 down the stretch?

But it's not only that, because we are numb to the Jets doing "Dumb" football stuff, that's no reason for "the sky falling" reactions you so despise. But this is not a "mistake". No, this a case of a pure breed businessman who just couldn't help himself and BLATANTLY exposed himself as a guy who can care less about football. We know most owners (besides the ones that win rings) feel like that, BUT they don't come out a say it like that. I used the example of a wife who tells you she doesnt give a sh*t about you and she will be whoring for cash at her leisure...and we're supposed to say it's OK? And Tanny reinforces the fact that he too wouldn't know Tebow from T-Pain if he wasn't good with numbers, while Rex Ryan-------wow! IDK That's the problem. Consider the possibilities IF the moron majority are right about #6.

You think you can't take this forum now? lol Wait until Sanchez throws some picks early. (Brady threw 4 in week three, it happens) Every sorority slut, Born Again, Rascist, Idiot and their mom will be firing up the controversy. Now that wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact we want someone to set a fire under Sanchez, a legit QB, that's why we got Stanton!! OH NO, this will be far from a health competition. Imagine if fans were seriously calling for Brunell last year. Would that be nuts? Well, give me Brunell any day over TT. But that's exactly what's going to happen. Of course, I fully expect them to say from the jump that he is NOT the backup. It's Mark's job, the Stanton...blah blah blah.....so what? Rex can't even control the locker room, NY fans will eat him alive. Remember when Sanchez got booed? Imagine that times 1000. Signs. Death Threats. Bottles thrown. That's how zealots operate and that's what he attracts. lol Are you f---ing kidding me? He already annihilated Kyle Orton's career. Former Denver player and broadcaster talked today about the sheer madness that was that controversy, and that's Denver!!

How about the locker room. Cromartie's already bashing the move. They are all going feel betrayed by this (like I do), and if you don't think that matters,these days, just look at lst year. You think Santonio is cool with a guy who goes 2 for 8 being lobbied for by hordes of fans? Because he is such a strong-minded individual...like Sanchez, who should also love dodging batteries during pre-game warm-ups if he should lose a couple quick ones. Remember when the Ghostbusters told that MF not to shut off the damn power grid because hell would break lose, BUT he did anyway and had no idea what he was unleashing?? Same thing. If baseless whining from ignorant fans bothers you, than fasten your seltbelt.

AND WHY?? WHAT is possibly worth this?? Woody Johnson's Bank Account AND NOTHING ELSE! That is why fans are outraged. And now we can listen to their idiocy too. It's embarrassing. Peyton and Elway are laughing their a$$ off.

I can only continue to tell myself that #6 will take care of business and make quick work of this nonsense before it starts and Tebow will drift onto the practice squad (OR put some of that will to overcome obstacles and come out triumphant into being a RB.) My money is on one of those, BUT IT doesn't change what they've done. (It only takes my wife one time getting caught banging the cable guy before I'm out.)

Look GB, PERHAPS this kid (who went 1-4 to end the year) can add SOMETHING to our offense, as much as B Smith did (who we let walk) minus the KR and ability to complete NFL-caliber passes more than half the time. Would you spend a 4th rounder to get B Smith back?? In a year, unlike two years ago, when we are thinner than Karen Carpenter in tights at MOST areas on the field, such as MLB, S, OL, RB, WR, and of course, the whole we still have yet to plug, unless you count Aaron Maybin's 5 sacks, which come from a guy that could NEVER be a serviceable lineman in the NFL, continuing our dependence on trickery to disrupt a QB, which is apparently our new philosophy all around.........I think we could have used that pick somewhere else. Christ, (sorry Tim) the ONLY two things we've done besides this so far is sure up the one guy who can SINGLE-HANDEDLY assure us an L on any given Sunday, Nick Folk AND sign a f----ing back up QB!! So, we go from no one last year to filling four roster spots and about 20% of cap space on the position. Wow

Look, GB (and stoic and the rest.) though I will admit that in football terms, this only equates to one crappy move, which we deal with regularly, ONLY because of the fact that I am confident in the reality that Tebow will NEVER beat out Sanchez OR Drew Stanton for the starting job legitimately, and of course I remain steadfast in my surmise that Mark Sanchez (in the magic QB year 4 following steady improvement in all the recordable areas over his first three AND without freak occurrences like the Ravens game and the tiff with Holmes) should remain in the top tier of QB's in the AFC all year...to the point where even after a couple losses Tebow would not be even a reasonable after thought. I mean, Sanchez is just as dangerous in the "redzone/goalline" as we were # 1 for much of the year and he had 6 rushing TDs to tie Tebow. And that is just ONE small way in which this is a bad FOOTBALL move. Why shave TDs off of your franchise QB? If for nothing else, his stock value or maybe his confidence, his momentum....why? I'll tell you why.......and it is the reason, Stoic and GB and the rest, that some people are flippin out more than usual even, to the point where I was questioning MY future with the team...lol.......

It's because this DOES not make a shred of football sense (and dont tell me about Tony Sporano in Miami. That offense, much like Denver's last year was an offense designed to COMPENSATE for the lack of an NFL caliper QB. At the time it was none other than Chad Pennington with his injury plaqued arm and Chad Henne----perfectly healthy lol They had to utilize RB and RW so they did that crap. It's like the Knicks having Carmelo A take the ball up when they had no PG. So, it was successful for a minute, just like Denver's was last year. Did I mention Tebow went 1-4 down the stretch?

But it's not only that, because we are numb to the Jets doing "Dumb" football stuff, that's no reason for "the sky falling" reactions you so despise. But this is not a "mistake". No, this a case of a pure breed businessman who just couldn't help himself and BLATANTLY exposed himself as a guy who can care less about football. We know most owners (besides the ones that win rings) feel like that, BUT they don't come out a say it like that. I used the example of a wife who tells you she doesnt give a sh*t about you and she will be whoring for cash at her leisure...and we're supposed to say it's OK? And Tanny reinforces the fact that he too wouldn't know Tebow from T-Pain if he wasn't good with numbers, while Rex Ryan-------wow! IDK That's the problem. Consider the possibilities IF the moron majority are right about #6.

You think you can't take this forum now? lol Wait until Sanchez throws some picks early. (Brady threw 4 in week three, it happens) Every sorority slut, Born Again, Rascist, Idiot and their mom will be firing up the controversy. Now that wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact we want someone to set a fire under Sanchez, a legit QB, that's why we got Stanton!! OH NO, this will be far from a health competition. Imagine if fans were seriously calling for Brunell last year. Would that be nuts? Well, give me Brunell any day over TT. But that's exactly what's going to happen. Of course, I fully expect them to say from the jump that he is NOT the backup. It's Mark's job, the Stanton...blah blah blah.....so what? Rex can't even control the locker room, NY fans will eat him alive. Remember when Sanchez got booed? Imagine that times 1000. Signs. Death Threats. Bottles thrown. That's how zealots operate and that's what he attracts. lol Are you f---ing kidding me? He already annihilated Kyle Orton's career. Former Denver player and broadcaster talked today about the sheer madness that was that controversy, and that's Denver!!

How about the locker room. Cromartie's already bashing the move. They are all going feel betrayed by this (like I do), and if you don't think that matters,these days, just look at lst year. You think Santonio is cool with a guy who goes 2 for 8 being lobbied for by hordes of fans? Because he is such a strong-minded individual...like Sanchez, who should also love dodging batteries during pre-game warm-ups if he should lose a couple quick ones. Remember when the Ghostbusters told that MF not to shut off the damn power grid because hell would break lose, BUT he did anyway and had no idea what he was unleashing?? Same thing. If baseless whining from ignorant fans bothers you, than fasten your seltbelt.

AND WHY?? WHAT is possibly worth this?? Woody Johnson's Bank Account AND NOTHING ELSE! That is why fans are outraged. And now we can listen to their idiocy too. It's embarrassing. Peyton and Elway are laughing their a$$ off.

I can only continue to tell myself that #6 will take care of business and make quick work of this nonsense before it starts and Tebow will drift onto the practice squad (OR put some of that will to overcome obstacles and come out triumphant into being a RB.) My money is on one of those, BUT IT doesn't change what they've done. (It only takes my wife one time getting caught banging the cable guy before I'm out.)

In honor of our new QB....

pope-tldr.jpg

what the hell is all this?

...really, I can't. It drives me up a wall. The "Sky is Falling" syndrome and the whining is just too much.

Plus all this nonsense about an 8-8 team being the biggest joke in the NFL...

People demanding a firing for backing out of a trade. As if that's never happened, right?

Get control of yourselves, people.

It is like this on pretty much every football forum in the history of the world.

It gives people an opportunity to vent and post with their emotions, and not their brains.

This post has everything! Funny lines, bad english at times, rambling crazy talk, ridiculously long for a message board... and in the end, makes a good point. Thank You!

I recall this place got started in no small part because in exchange for the 30 pieces of sliver of press passes the owner of the old country did his damdnest to insist people "man up" and support the Jets no matter what. That was and is a very unthinking atttiude.

Liked the roidhead Landry signing. We still need some LB depth and OL help. May be that gets addressed in the draft. And I remaina at a loss why Kevin Boss was target #1 in FA.

As to Tebow, I'll leave it to our icons-

Joe Namath - "I don't think they know what they are doing over there".

Joe Klecko, 30 seconds ago on the radio, in response to a question whether this was crammed down the FO's throats by Woody Johnson- "Oh, absolutely!".

Cannot add to either.

Joe Namath - "I don't think they know what they are doing over there".

Joe Klecko, 30 seconds ago on the radio, in response to a question whether this was crammed down the FO's throats by Woody Johnson- "Oh, absolutely!".

Crazy old tax-evading drunks!

Archived