Rex Ryan on Tim Tebow: 'He'll fit right in with the guys we already have.'

Pac

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/03/rex-ryan-on-tim-tebow-hell-fit-right-in-with-the-guys-we-already-have

BY Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan has embraced Tebowmania.

Less than 24 hours after the Jets traded for Tim Tebow, the Jets’ head coach discussed the dynamic between the Broncos’ former signal caller and incumbent Mark Sanchez.

“I look at it this way: We're incredibly fortunate to have a couple of quarterbacks with playoff wins,” Ryan told cbssports.com at LSU Pro Day on Thursday. “Obviously, both have been fairly successful. ... I think he's (Sanchez) going to be a tremendous quarterback. He is our quarterback.... What Tim gives us is another great competitor.”

“He'll fit right in with the guys we already have,” Ryan added.

Ryan, who spoke to Sanchez on Tuesday, maintained that he’s not concerned about his young quarterback’s mental state. Tebow’s legions of fans will surely make some noise if Sanchez struggles.

“Mark's a great competitor,” Ryan said. “I know that about Mark. Mark is our starting quarterback. There's no doubt about it. Will we have some things for Tebow each week? Absolutely.”

General manager Mike Tannenbaum said shortly after the deal was announced that he envisions Tebow as an integral part of new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano’s Wildcat packages. However, it appears as if he will have other roles as well that will take shape. Ryan also praised Tebow’s ability to enhance options in the run game.

The Jets undercut Drew Stanton, who was signed last week to be Sanchez’s clear-cut backup. The Daily News first reported on Thursday that Stanton – who signed a 1-year, $1.25 million deal (with a $500,000 signing bonus) prefers to be released or traded at this point.

Rex Ryan characterized Tebow’s availability as an “interesting situation.”

“Any time you have a chance to what we feel will help our football team, we will look at those opportunities,” Ryan said. “We're prepared. We'll look at anybody.”

Despite cornerback Antonio Cromartie’s tweets that the Jets shouldn’t pursue Tebow, Ryan maintained that he isn’t concerned about any split in his locker room over the decision to trade for the popular – and polarizing – quarterback.

“The good thing about with us is that we don't hide anything,” Ryan said. “Everybody's got their beliefs. This team is built around each other, including Cromartie.”

Ryan has already seen Tebowmania up close and personal. Two fans “Tebowed” in front of Ryan at a Baton Rouge restaurant on Wednesday night.

Ryan was traveling to Baton Rouge when the trade talks hit a snag on Wednesday due to contractual complications involving salary advances.

“I was flying out here to do this (LSU) pro day, and I thought the deal was done,” Ryan said. “Turned out there was some other issues involved. Ten hours later, I got a text saying, ‘Hey, we got him again.' ... (GM Mike Tannenbaum) is incredibly prepared for everything.”

Ryan admitted that he could sense Tebow’s excitement when he spoke to him a couple times since the deal was done.

“Why wouldn't you be? You're coming to the New York Jets,” Ryan said. “We have a lot of great players on our team.... We have a lot of positive things about us.”

http://www.nydailyne...we-already-have

BY Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan has embraced Tebowmania.

Less than 24 hours after the Jets traded for Tim Tebow, the Jets’ head coach discussed the dynamic between the Broncos’ former signal caller and incumbent Mark Sanchez.

“I look at it this way: We're incredibly fortunate to have a couple of quarterbacks with playoff wins,” Ryan told cbssports.com at LSU Pro Day on Thursday. “Obviously, both have been fairly successful. ... I think he's (Sanchez) going to be a tremendous quarterback. He is our quarterback.... What Tim gives us is another great competitor.”

“He'll fit right in with the guys we already have,” Ryan added.

Ryan, who spoke to Sanchez on Tuesday, maintained that he’s not concerned about his young quarterback’s mental state. Tebow’s legions of fans will surely make some noise if Sanchez struggles.

“Mark's a great competitor,” Ryan said. “I know that about Mark. Mark is our starting quarterback. There's no doubt about it. Will we have some things for Tebow each week? Absolutely.”

General manager Mike Tannenbaum said shortly after the deal was announced that he envisions Tebow as an integral part of new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano’s Wildcat packages. However, it appears as if he will have other roles as well that will take shape. Ryan also praised Tebow’s ability to enhance options in the run game.

The Jets undercut Drew Stanton, who was signed last week to be Sanchez’s clear-cut backup. The Daily News first reported on Thursday that Stanton – who signed a 1-year, $1.25 million deal (with a $500,000 signing bonus) prefers to be released or traded at this point.

Rex Ryan characterized Tebow’s availability as an “interesting situation.”

“Any time you have a chance to what we feel will help our football team, we will look at those opportunities,” Ryan said. “We're prepared. We'll look at anybody.”

Despite cornerback Antonio Cromartie’s tweets that the Jets shouldn’t pursue Tebow, Ryan maintained that he isn’t concerned about any split in his locker room over the decision to trade for the popular – and polarizing – quarterback.

“The good thing about with us is that we don't hide anything,” Ryan said. “Everybody's got their beliefs. This team is built around each other, including Cromartie.”

Ryan has already seen Tebowmania up close and personal. Two fans “Tebowed” in front of Ryan at a Baton Rouge restaurant on Wednesday night.

Ryan was traveling to Baton Rouge when the trade talks hit a snag on Wednesday due to contractual complications involving salary advances.

“I was flying out here to do this (LSU) pro day, and I thought the deal was done,” Ryan said. “Turned out there was some other issues involved. Ten hours later, I got a text saying, ‘Hey, we got him again.' ... (GM Mike Tannenbaum) is incredibly prepared for everything.”

Ryan admitted that he could sense Tebow’s excitement when he spoke to him a couple times since the deal was done.

“Why wouldn't you be? You're coming to the New York Jets,” Ryan said. “We have a lot of great players on our team.... We have a lot of positive things about us.”

LOL

Ryan got Tebowed

I forgot about the "Tebowed" thing. if Tebow turns into a very productive player, and I think he will, it will be every where.

Other than the faux Tanny praise, I don't know what's so wrong about anything he said. The Jets do in fact have some great players and despite the ludicrous exaggerations about their plight they can be a very good team this year.

Other than the faux Tanny praise, I don't know what's so wrong about anything he said. The Jets do in fact have some great players and despite the ludicrous exaggerations about their plight they can be a very good team this year.

They'll be ok if they add a running back, TE, find an RT on their roster, and draft the pass rusher. Otherwise, it's Game Over.

Did Cromartie get the Memo?

The way the media reported that was crapola.. Cromartie tweeted his thoughts before it was made public the Jets acquired Tebow (the 1st time)... the way it was spun made it seem like he was saying that after the fact.

The way the media reported that was crapola.. Cromartie tweeted his thoughts before it was made public the Jets acquired Tebow (the 1st time)... the way it was spun made it seem like he was saying that after the fact.

And that matters some how?

Just wait and see guys! Its gonna be great! I'm not a football fan per-se, but I know enough to know that Tebow is the way to go!

Hey! That rhymed! Well, it kind of rhymed.

Anyway, welcome to me! Glad to be here!

Ah yes! and go fvck yourself! you are not welcomed by true jet fans Tebow troll!

Ah yes! and go fvck yourself! you are not welcomed by true jet fans Tebow troll!

How does one become a true fan? Is there an initiation process involving green M&Ms and Mountain Dew? Your guys' colors are green mostly right?

You used a "v" for a "u". Thats very Latin of you!

This doesn't feel very welcoming to someone supporting your future quarterback... I don't think he would approve. Can't we all just come together and get behind our new starting QB?

This doesn't feel very welcoming to someone supporting your future quarterback... I don't think he would approve. Can't we all just come together and get behind our new starting QB?

Sure can, when you put on that #6 jersey!

Archived