Here's some actual football insight

Obrien2Toon

http://www.grantland...e-new-york-jets

So maybe some of you can know more than just saying Tebow sucks or is great based on what you hear the idiots on ESPN say.

I base my opinion on Tebow from actully watching Tebow play . Funny whoever wrote that article thinks this is a REX experiment when in fact its a Woody Johnson Experiment which will probably run his Idiot GM and Semi idiot HC out of town

Funny whoever wrote that article thinks this is a REX experiment when in fact its a Woody Johnson Experiment which will probably run his Idiot GM and Semi idiot HC out of town

It's quite hysterical that this is what the SOJ crowd will take from this article rather than the X's and O's of football....lol

I base my opinion on Tebow from actully watching Tebow play . Funny whoever wrote that article thinks this is a REX experiment when in fact its a Woody Johnson Experiment which will probably run his Idiot GM and Semi idiot HC out of town

This. As much as Tanny is hated he is not this bad. Woody saw the Giants win the SB combined with all the talk about our locker room and orded this move IMO. If I am wrong on that then yes Tanny and Rex really arer lost on the recent moves they have made.

It's quite hysterical that this is what the SOJ crowd will take from this article rather than the X's and O's of football....lol

Not much in the way of X's and O's when discussing how we intend to use Tim Tebow. You watched Brad Smith You watched the Miami Dolphins ?

Not much in the way of X's and O's when discussing how we intend to use Tim Tebow. You watched Brad Smith You watched the Miami Dolphins ?

The article is telling us that Tim Tebow from a football perspective makes sense

You take it that the GM and HC are run out of town because our 4th round trade might not win us the SB next year

Are the Jets a better team today with Tim Tebow on the team? Absolutely

Not sensationalist enough but a good read. Acknowledges that Tebow is here to run a subpackage offense, that his goal is still to be a QB, and that the Jets probably will help/coach him however they can for that QB goal.

Now, can the '06 Jets get some credit for bringing back the Pistol/Single wing to the division BEFORE the Dolphins? The Dolphins just ran it with two high end veteran RB talents rather than two rookie fourth round picks.

Agree and I think BB held him and the offense to 15 plays stopped behind the LOS in that play-off blow out. The "just wins" stuff is also overblown.

The Broncos don't sniff the post season if the Bears don't make every mistake possible in the last few minutes or Sanchez throwing a pick 6 in Denver accompained by numerous missed tackes on the 95 yard winning TD. Tebow also benefited from some off the charts long FG's to pull games out. YPA where Tebow is concerned is a product of let's throw deep to keep the defense honest. It looked great in the Steeler play-off win only because of a curious defensive game plan.

He's a Jet so I wish him success but right now he does nothing remotely well as a traditional QB. At least with Sanchez there have been glimpses.

So now Grantland is the source du jour for expert football analysis? Or is this just the one article you people could find to somehow justify your delusions?

Lol why attack the article on its own merits, right?

Did you see who wrote it? A woman beater!

While Tebow will not be confused with Tom Brady anytime soon, I don't think he's as far off as many of his doubters say, though he will only get there — if he ever does — through his effort and the passage of time.

Uh huh huh huh huh huh huh snort. Unh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh.

--Me, laughing like Spicoli.

The article is telling us that Tim Tebow from a football perspective makes sense

You take it that the GM and HC are run out of town because our 4th round trade might not win us the SB next year

Explain,please? To me, we will be a better team if the FO would've addressed some holes and upgraded some postions.

Agree and I think BB held him and the offense to 15 plays stopped behind the LOS in that play-off blow out. The "just wins" stuff is also overblown.

The Broncos don't sniff the post season if the Bears don't make every mistake possible in the last few minutes or Sanchez throwing a pick 6 in Denver accompained by numerous missed tackes on the 95 yard winning TD. Tebow also benefited from some off the charts long FG's to pull games out. YPA where Tebow is concerned is a product of let's throw deep to keep the defense honest. It looked great in the Steeler play-off win only because of a curious defensive game plan.

He's a Jet so I wish him success but right now he does nothing remotely well as a traditional QB. At least with Sanchez there have been glimpses.

In 2009 literally EVERYTHING that could have happened for the Jets to make it to the playoffs did happen. The Colts rolled over that last game in the name of the NFL script for Jah's sake and no one even cared that it was blatant/obvious.

Therefore, I move to have that success stricken from the record.

I don't think so because of all the circus aspects he brings to the team. It completely muffles the FO talk of Sanchez being our future and quite honestly is yet again another example of how not to handle your young QB who you have invested so much in.

We're a better team if Tebow announces on Monday that he will be playing safety or slot receiver.

Explain,please? To me, we will be a better team if the FO would've addressed some holes and upgraded some postions.

Take the player for what he is...a backup QB that is better than Brunnell

Will he help in situational football? Yes

There are plenty of FA OLine and WR's available once the market comes back to reality

In 2009 literally EVERYTHING that could have happened for the Jets to make it to the playoffs did happen. The Colts rolled over that last game in the name of the NFL script for Jah's sake and no one even cared that it was blatant/obvious.

Therefore, I move to have that success stricken from the record.

I understand that and thought the team sucked on a whole including the QB until the.2010 post season. Pointing to our good fortune does not make Tebow a winner or good QB.

I understand that and thought the team sucked on a whole including the QB until the.2010 post season. Pointing to our good fortune does not make Tebow a winner or good QB.

Just as pointing out Tebow's fortunes and striking out his successes is pretty dumb.

He adds another dimension to the offense, one that we haven't had since Brad Smith was on the team. I think he's a better backup than Stanton because unlike Stanton, Tebow as a backup is going to get a few snaps a game and contribute weekly while Stanton will only see the field if Sanchez gets hurt. So from a football perspective, its a good move.

He adds another dimension to the offense, one that we haven't had since Brad Smith was on the team. I think he's a better backup than Stanton because unlike Stanton, Tebow as a backup is going to get a few snaps a game and contribute weekly while Stanton will only see the field if Sanchez gets hurt. So from a football perspective, its a good move.

That is true if it is contained to that but we all know it won't at the first signs of Sanchez struggling. Remember, many hear hated when Sanchez was pulled for Smith and the WC. It had and has it's place but I think it resulted in 16 1st downs and 2 TD's.

Why people are looking at this other than what he brings the Jets is beyond me.

The Jets are a better team today

great so we are better at the wildcat Im sure AFC East is trembling.... Find me Some WR's RT's and RB's then Ill agree we might be a better team. Oh and could you throw in a few LB's and A Safety ?

If you're looking at Tim Tebow from a pure football standpoint, Tim Tebow shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Hahahahahahaha...The man led his team to the playoffs. Granted he's not Peyton Manning, but he brings alot to the table the Jets can and will use

As to why he shouldn't be in the NFL is absolute garbage. He isn't a prototypical QB, but he wins. He can run like a beast, and has the added demention of throwing the ball

You just want to bitch because you have had no sex in quite some time

great so we are better at the wildcat Im sure AFC East is trembling.... Find me Some WR's RT's and RB's then Ill agree we might be a better team. Oh and could you throw in a few LB's and A Safety ?

Did we need an upgrade at backup QB? Yes

We satisfied that need with a 4th round pick

Now off to other business like draft and inexpensive free agents

I may be hoping too much on Sanchez glimpses but I still feel strongly we are very very weak at the skill positions as compared to some of the better offensive teams in the league like 25 of them :)

So now Grantland is the source du jour for expert football analysis? Or is this just the one article you people could find to somehow justify your delusions?

Brown runs Smart Football and generally knows his sh*t inside and out.

That said, Grantland is a loathsome slimepit of pretentious white middlebrow hackery. I'm sure it's a deliberate editorial decision that a lengthy, well-considered article defending the Jets is buried so deep within the site that one has to search for it. Reminds me of last season, when Simmons deigned to explain to us mortals (both in a series of brainless tweets and on his weekly "Who Needs Evidence When You Can Just Say Stuff" podcast with Mike Lombardi) that the Holmes thing was being overblown (?) and that the real reason the Jets collapsed was because Rex had no idea how to coach defense, with the Tebow run serving as prima facie evidence. This despite employing a former editor of Football Outsiders, a site whose numbers (which Simmons will gleefully cite to reinforce the greatness of Brady and TEH GRAWNK) had the Jets as one of the two or three best defenses in football last season. Way to sandbag your NFL writer, editor-in-chief.

Simmons is a sniveling cumrag and I hope Zombie Grantland Rice staggers out of his grave to sue him into bankruptcy and undead buttsecks him.

Did we need an upgrade at backup QB? Yes

We satisfied that need with a 4th round pick

Now off to other business like draft and inexpensive free agents

You use the WORD QB very lightly here . Tim tebow is NOT an NFL caliber QB he does however happen to be a very good football player who could probably help a team if he changes positions. Lining him up in multiple areas could help playing him at QB is a joke. Sorry ...I really like the guy but hes not an NFL caliber QB and thats all there is too it/

Hahahahahahaha...The man led his team to the playoffs. Granted he's not Peyton Manning, but he brings alot to the table the Jets can and will use

As to why he shouldn't be in the NFL is absolute garbage. He isn't a prototypical QB, but he wins. He can run like a beast, and has the added demention of throwing the ball

You just want to bitch because you have had no sex in quite some time

I think you're the one with the added demention.

Archived