The role of narrative in a mafia game...

Integrity28

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is fun. Leelou, Verbal, Wombat and I talked for hours.

I'm shocked that the rest of y'all haven't met someone yet. For shame.

Actually, a lot of people on this board have met each other, particularly since it's a board for a sports team which makes it easy enough to come up with a common event to meet up at, plus the site often runs or sponsors tailgates for the home games (and some away games too). As far as the mafia folks, even amongst us Jets fans, there's an unusually high number of this group not from the NY area, so that's at least one reason why most have not met.

Actually, a lot of people on this board have met each other, particularly since it's a board for a sports team which makes it easy enough to come up with a common event to meet up at, plus the site often runs or sponsors tailgates for the home games (and some away games too). As far as the mafia folks, even amongst us Jets fans, there's an unusually high number of this group not from the NY area, so that's at least one reason why most have not met.

Most Jets fans that convene here at JN and sites like it are displaced NY'ers, and out-of-state fans, I've surmised over the years. If I was surrounded by Jet fans all day at work, Jets updates all night on the news, and didn't have to scramble just to see most games, I probably would have never ended up here.

I live in NC. And I have met 3 of you. Almost 4, but Ape was busy.

And if 80 and I hang out, that makes it a solid 4.

Catch up.

I have never met anyone from this sight. I have met the poster Warfish and watched about 10 Jet games with him and Nick Mangolds gramma and Aunt. But thats it.

Most Jets fans that convene here at JN and sites like it are displaced NY'ers, and out-of-state fans, I've surmised over the years. If I was surrounded by Jet fans all day at work, Jets updates all night on the news, and didn't have to scramble just to see most games, I probably would have never ended up here.

I guess that makes sense, but I'm mostly surrounded by Giants fans throughout my life, thus JN.

That plus it helps kill time at work.

yeah it appears a few people might be headed out to j-ville this year. I refuse to address someone by their internet name..

which reminds me of a funny story. when i went out to jville like 7 years ago or whatever I met Klacko and JiFart. When trike boy came up Klack said "this is JiF".. JiF strutted up like he was a celebrity or something and seemingly didn't mind being referred to by his internet name.

I immediately wanted to punch him in the face.

I plan on calling you pacmule, pacturd, pachole and any other variation I can think of

speaking of pets, why don't you come down gaype?

I'm not planning anything out that far ahead. I've got to get this wedding planned for August, after that, then I'll look into it. I haven't written it off, it's just not a priority. Oh, I kinda wanted to take a honeymoon too... lol

I'd love to come though. If I have the vacation time and feel like blowing more cash on a trip, then I'm in. We'll see.

I plan on calling you pacmule, pacturd, pachole and any other variation I can think of

No you won't.. you'll wipe your greazy right hand on your cargo shorts and give me a very feminine handshake while saying cool to finally meet you Pete.

If I'm feeling nice, I'll say cool to meet ya too. If not, I'll just go straight to punching you in the face.

Any real life conversation I'd have with the lot of you would be awkward. Guaranteed.

Relax Kenny.. might be weird for like 20 seconds then who gives a sh-t.. just a dude talking to a dude.. It's not a date.

No you won't.. you'll wipe your greazy right hand on your cargo shorts and give me a very feminine handshake while saying cool to finally meet you Pete.

If I'm feeling nice, I'll say cool to meet ya too. If not, I'll just go straight to punching you in the face.

2 weeks ago i would've chuckled at this threat and disregarded as the insane ramblings of a 4'2'' burrito slurping doughy brown turd, BUT after finding out you curl 100lbs for 20, (broken out in to 10 sets of 20lbs 10 times) I still react pretty much the same way but needed a segway to make fun of you for your exaggerated lifting stories

Can we get a video of this?

I have never met anyone from this sight. I have met the poster Warfish and watched about 10 Jet games with him and Nick Mangolds gramma and Aunt. But thats it.

I want to meet you, Crusher!! :)

Archived