Memorial Day

Maxman

Just want to wish everyone well on this Memorial Day Weekend. Please remember that this is a time to remember those who have died in their service to this country. We thank those who make our freedom possible.

Because of their sacrifices, we can have weekends like this! So stay safe everyone and be thankful.

What is everyone doing? Time with family? BBQ? What is going on this weekend?

Saw this on my hunting forums thought it was appropriate

MEMORIAL DAY NOTICE TO ALL PARENTS:

On behalf of all military personal who have served our country in the past, on behalf of all those currently serving, and especially on behalf of all those that have made the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefield for their brothers, sisters, and their country…I ask only two things:

1.)    Display the American Flag traditional and respectful manner in front of your home.

2.)    MOST IMPORTANT! BEFORE… the parade, the hot dogs, burgers, pop and cold beer…Take 5 minutes to explain to your children WHY you are putting the flag out. WHY there is a parade filled with old guys and military vehicles. WHY this day is important enough that the United States Government has declared it a special day.

5 Minutes is all I ask. You are the parent, you know your child and whatever age from 5 to 18, I trust you will pick the right words. Just 5 minutes of eye to eye will be something they will remember forever. Too much dumb PC crap is heaped on smart kids. This is important, this is a duty for all responsible parents. Please…do this.

Then enjoy your weekend festivities.

My cousin just drove up from NC he's stationed out there. In honor of him and of course Labor day we're getting the grill ready lol.

I'm engaged, we're having our engagement party tomorrow. :)

Congratulations!

On behalf of all military personal who have served our country in the past, on behalf of all those currently serving, and especially on behalf of all those that have made the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefield for their brothers, sisters, and their country…I ask only two things:

1.) Display the American Flag traditional and respectful manner in front of your home.

2.) MOST IMPORTANT! BEFORE… the parade, the hot dogs, burgers, pop and cold beer…Take 5 minutes to explain to your children WHY you are putting the flag out. WHY there is a parade filled with old guys and military vehicles. WHY this day is important enough that the United States Government has declared it a special day.

5 Minutes is all I ask. You are the parent, you know your child and whatever age from 5 to 18, I trust you will pick the right words. Just 5 minutes of eye to eye will be something they will remember forever. Too much dumb PC crap is heaped on smart kids. This is important, this is a duty for all responsible parents. Please…do this.

That is great Joe. GREAT.

Hanging the flag today, we will have that conversation as well. Awesome reminder, thanks.

1.) Display the American Flag traditional and respectful manner in front of your home.

2.) MOST IMPORTANT! BEFORE… the parade, the hot dogs, burgers, pop and cold beer…Take 5 minutes to explain to your children WHY you are putting the flag out. WHY there is a parade filled with old guys and military vehicles. WHY this day is important enough that the United States Government has declared it a special day.

This dude nailed it.

Salute to all past present and future veterans

And there are quite a few that patronage this board to include Jet Moses who is currently on his mid-tour leave.

When did you get engaged? Congratulations!

Thanks! Late last year but we wanted to wait for warmer weather to get the family & friends together to celebrate. You met her, she was with me at the Jets/Dolphins game.

And thanks to everyone else for the well wishes.

Also thanks to the vets... gonna leave politics out of it and just say thanks.

Thanks! Late last year but we wanted to wait for warmer weather to get the family & friends together to celebrate. You met her, she was with me at the Jets/Dolphins game.

And thanks to everyone else for the well wishes.

Also thanks to the vets... gonna leave politics out of it and just say thanks.

I remember meeting her, just didn't know you guys got engaged. Great news!

Archived