Joe Klecko’s Son Commits To Rutgers

JetNation

Congrats Josh on a stellar HS career and your choice of Rutgers! I not only knew your dad, but I am also a RU alum, which coincidentally makes things even nicer. Hopefully, in the Klecko tradition of Joe and Dan, you will be heard from on the field all the way to the NFL and maybe to the Jets. All the best!

Klecko had a 20-sack season before they started officially keeping stats. Dude was a monster. Just ask guys like Anthony Munoz and Dwight Stephenson - they both count Joe among the best they faced.

How anyone can call themselves a Jets fan and not know this is beyond me, good post. Dan has 3 rings probably busts the old mans balls. Josh, hey ya never know.

i like the article but the last line annoys me. He's undersized. His brother was undersized. And yes his father was undersized even by the standards of his day (he often played in the 275 area at nose tackle). But that's ok. A player can be undersized and still be awesome. But being awesome doesn't change his scouting report. Somewhere there's an old scouting report that says Maurice Jones Drew is undersized. and that's accurate.

i like the article but the last line annoys me. He's undersized. His brother was undersized. And yes his father was undersized even by the standards of his day (he often played in the 275 area at nose tackle). But that's ok. A player can be undersized and still be awesome. But being awesome doesn't change his scouting report. Somewhere there's an old scouting report that says Maurice Jones Drew is undersized. and that's accurate.

It was meant in the sense of saying he won't succeed because of his size. Like people writing any of them off due to their size. Which was certainly the case with Dan, less with Joe. Just glad to see that Rutgers took a shot on Josh, because the kid can play football. I know several kids on that team (RBC) and what they did last year was very impressive. People speak very highly of Josh in terms of his attitude and work ethic as well.

And Blackout calling Rutgers a clown college...well...I am just going to let that one go.

Actually have a buddy in the philosophy dept, they were just ranked 2nd in the country after NYU, ahead of Princeton and Harvard. The Graduate Schools have been doing amazing. Lot of top ten rankings. And I think the undergrad A&H just got something like 15th in the world.

Yeah, real clown college.

They will get weight on him either way.

Agreed but if he is starting his senior year at 260 that bodes well for his success at the next level. He can easily be over 270 by the start of his freshman year at Rutgers I would think.

i go to a ton of Rutgers games. cant wait to see this kid play

Don't wait a year, drive to Red Bank this year to see him play.

Make a weekend of it, stop by and see my son play. The Shore is lovely that time of year, haha.

Is your kid gonna go up against him this year?

No Red Bank Catholic and Mater Dei are in different divisions. Thankfully though, RBC is a powerhouse right now and Mater Dei is in the process of building their program back up. A few years ago they were suiting up 17 kids on game day, sometimes less. Their numbers are much better now, over 40 kids in the program but they are not quite ready for the Josh Klecko's of the world yet. :)

No Red Bank Catholic and Mater Dei are in different divisions. Thankfully though, RBC is a powerhouse right now and Mater Dei is in the process of building their program back up. A few years ago they were suiting up 17 kids on game day, sometimes less. Their numbers are much better now, over 40 kids in the program but they are not quite ready for the Josh Klecko's of the world yet. :)

thats good to hear about the program, it must have been rough. i cant imagine playing with only 17 players

thats good to hear about the program, it must have been rough. i cant imagine playing with only 17 players

A good friend of ours has a son that basically saved the program. The kid is now in Army Ranger school but he played every snap on every unit for an entire season (defense, offense, special teams) never came off the field, not even when he was hurt.

That is a tough kid. :)

A good friend of ours has a son that basically saved the program. The kid is now in Army Ranger school but he played every snap on every unit for an entire season (defense, offense, special teams) never came off the field, not even when he was hurt.

That is a tough kid. :)

definitely Army Ranger material

Archived