Greene = The Best

drago

he was 18th last year with LT he should be higher this year. I agree it's a fantasy perspective but that only adds to the legitimacy. These aren't beat writers or fans. These guys play fantasy football, usually for money, and all they care about is production.

That's the problem, you're equating conventional production with efficiency and value. The latter two have absolutely no bearing on fantasy football and are not mutually exclusive with the former, but they sure as sh*t impact a team's overall offensive efficiency. The difference between a guy like McCoy and a guy like Turner on a weekly basis last year was 4-5 points give or take, but the impacts they had on their respective offenses are absurdly far apart.

The difference between a guy like McCoy and a guy like Turner on a weekly basis last year was 4-5 points give or take, but the impacts they had on their respective offenses are absurdly far apart.

I agree with that and would point out that McCoy is basically a top 3 overall pick these days while Turner is at least a round or two away in most drafts. 4-5 points is a big difference. Alot of people believe Jaquizz Rodgers will take reps from Turner, if not the whole job (Turner is getting old).

the fantasy scoop with Greene is he's an 8th round pick that should be going in rd 4 or 5. He's undervalued. He certainly not a guy in the McCoy or even Turner tier of backs. If Jets fans wish we had a guy like Ray Rice to cheer for, that's certainly a valid complaint. But the amount of production Greene going to serve up is more than people realize. Unless you ask Evan Silva, who says Shonn Greene stinks and so do the Jets.

I agree with that and would point out that McCoy is basically a top 3 overall pick these days while Turner is at least a round or two away in most drafts. 4-5 points is a big difference. Alot of people believe Jaquizz Rodgers will take reps from Turner, if not the whole job (Turner is getting old).

the fantasy scoop with Greene is he's an 8th round pick that should be going in rd 4 or 5. He's undervalued. The amount of production he's going to get is more than people realize. Unless you ask Evan Silva, who says Shonn Greene stinks and so do the Jets.

People thought Greene was underrated going into last season as well. From a fantasy perspective sure he has value because the Jets have no one else, but even then, he's a 3rd back...the talent just isnt there.

People thought Greene was underrated going into last season as well.

agree but the schotty show, let's spread out mason, plex and holmes and pass alot, screwed that up. This year the Jets are going run alot more, I think that's a safe bet.

People thought Greene was underrated going into last season as well. From a fantasy perspective sure he has value because the Jets have no one else, but even then, he's a 3rd back...the talent just isnt there.

3rd back, insufficient talent but only 1 of 10 with 100 yds rushing plus 30 reception=outstanding O line. Are you saying we had an outstanding line last year? with no RT to speak of, an all pro C out in part and hurt in part, an all pro LT having his worst seon since his rookie year.

greene is serviceable, nothing more nothing less. not really a knock on him just what he is. if we have some success in the vertical game maybe things will open up for him but he's never going to be someone who can carry a team ala MJD but then again how many teams have that luxury?

greene is serviceable, nothing more nothing less. not really a knock on him just what he is. if we have some success in the vertical game maybe things will open up for him but he's never going to be someone who can carry a team ala MJD but then again how many teams have that luxury?

You are correct that he will never carry a team. I'm just hoping someone convinces to open his eyes for at least half the plays this year. Maybe start small, open his eyes before the snap.

You are correct that he will never carry a team. I'm just hoping someone convinces to open his eyes for at least half the plays this year. Maybe start small, open his eyes before the snap.

yes, the running into the back of Brandon Moore and tripping over the line got old real fast.

Damn, Greene did what only 9 other players in the league did with his eyes closed? Maybe he's better than we think...

don't be a twit.. he's not a good player

Well, lets wait a minute. i mean if greene has good numbers and we all know that Mangold, and Moore both suck at run blocking...maybe he should get an early introduction into the HOF?

Archived