Supplemental Draft ( i say we pick... ) ~ ~ ~

kelly

Recently? Ahmad Brooks. Historically? Bernie Kosar, Cris Carter, Mike Wahle, Jamal Williams.

OK, almost always fizzle out. And, almost none nowadays. A couple of guys per decade -- and all the way back to '85 for Kosar. Nonetheless, I stand corrected.

OK, almost always fizzle out. And, almost none nowadays. A couple of guys per decade -- and all the way back to '85 for Kosar. Nonetheless, I stand corrected.

A few guys per decade is really all that gets selected. I think the '00's didn't even crack 10 total. Also Gaither worked out fairly well considering it only cost Baltimore a late rounder.

Name one supplemental pick who has been worth the pick. The talent level of these guys is always oversold and they all fizzle out.

Rob Moore. Of course, then this could have impacted Nagle over Favre. Trading up a few spots to guarantee getting Favre may have seemed too steep when we were already without a first rounder.

Also his supplemental pick turned out to be the 4th pick in the country. At least a reasonable chance the Jets would have drafted Dan McGwire there and still wouldn't have ended up with Favre anyway.

Archived