JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

Lots of words... all I see a convoluted theory saying "shoot Hess, not scum".

I will laugh hysterically when Hess rends your body into shreds and gobbles you up. He will probably leave you 'til last though just for the lulz.

In all seriousness, since it is night, we can wait for scum to make the first move. Scum should not kill town. But if scum does kill town, we go after scum with our lynch, just not our harpoons.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will laugh hysterically when Hess rends your body into shreds and gobbles you up. He will probably leave you 'til last though just for the lulz.

In all seriousness, since it is night, we can wait for scum to make the first move. Scum should not kill town. But if scum does kill town, we go after scum with our lynch, just not our harpoons.

See...proactive and aggressive. Lot it!!!

I'm sad that Hess didn't get to eat Crusher. Would have probably satiated him for several day phases.

lmao.. could work as a role too... A player who if killed, removes your ability to kill the next 2 nights or so

Pac facilitating AVM's reveal as backup bomb. Nolder also revealing as backup bomb.

Not sure why anyone as bomb would reveal unprompted like they did.

Neither was unprompted

AVM revealed because of Pac and I revealed because of you

So... ok. Thought here.

Every time that DPR mentions Quint, he makes Quint a plural. And we have had a couple of people clearly mark who they want to harpoon, yet no harpoons have gone out, so far as we can tell. I wonder if any vests have made it out either.

That being said, I think that the Quints are the Scum Team. They can give out vests, but then they have to lynch that person, not NK them. And, they can give out harpoons to take out the shark, but hope that we don't take out them.

This is why none of them hinted at Verbal for the last harpoon. They didn't want us to figure out that Quint = Scum.

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately not.

Yes. It's terrible that I'm here to reality check the scummy ****ing theories you are floating out there.

I used theorize like a wildman when I first started playing. "Maybe it's this you guys..." or "Maybe there's a this and it kills that..."

I made everyone furious, because I did it as town.

Theories are the narrative device of scum.

So... ok. Thought here.

Every time that DPR mentions Quint, he makes Quint a plural. And we have had a couple of people clearly mark who they want to harpoon, yet no harpoons have gone out, so far as we can tell. I wonder if any vests have made it out either.

That being said, I think that the Quints are the Scum Team. They can give out vests, but then they have to lynch that person, not NK them. And, they can give out harpoons to take out the shark, but hope that we don't take out them.

This is why none of them hinted at Verbal for the last harpoon. They didn't want us to figure out that Quint = Scum.

Any thoughts?

Theory.

No offense, but I don't see the value in taking wild guesses at the setup. I'd rather focus the conversation on scum hunting, rather than where you and Wombat are guiding the conversation - intentionally or not.

Hess can only kill during the day phase he has kills on Day 1, 2 and 3 . This probably means a harpoon can kill him during one of the 2 phases. If someone has a harpoon they should use it tonight if it does not work one should be used tomorrow. If multiple harpoons are needed there should be some type of hint in the scene from DPR that more harpoons are needed to hill the shark which may be the case. In the Movie he was killed by an oxygen tank and a rifle but that would make it way too difficult since Hess would have to eat the oxygen tank townie and then the person with the rifle would have to know to shoot, thats too much involved so it must be the harpoon.

IMO everyone who has a harpoon should let them fly tonight. Then more can be given out during the next day phase to finish off the shark.

Honestly, AVM didn't need to reveal, and neither did you. Don't be stupid. It's suspect.

We weren't talking about need we were talking about being prompted

There was cause to reveal so we each did so

Whether you agree with our reasons or not is irrelevant

What you said was wrong, just admit it and move on

We weren't talking about need we were talking about being prompted

There was cause to reveal so we each did so

Whether you agree with our reasons or not is irrelevant

What you said was wrong, just admit it and move on

Edit: Nevermind. It's early. :)

Originally argued that I said "necessary" and not "prompted". I've been up half the night. Her father is back in the ER, my bad.

Actually, my theory is kind of important, in that if I am right, the scum team knows who is at l3 and can control the harpoons. It also makes a lot of sense, and you trying to avoid it seeing light is scmmy if I am right.

Yeah, you caught me.

I don't want to buy into a theory that there is pretty much zero evidence to support being pushed by someone that has been pretty much non-committal on any lynches, cases or opinions all game. :wild:

So... ok. Thought here.

Any thoughts?

yes harpoons only work on the Shark also in the movie when they harpooned the shark with the yellow barrels tied to them I think they used 3 or 4 harpoons correct ?

Listen if someone can support the theory that harpoons can kill the shark, I'm fine going with it. However, 80 has sort of breadcrumbed the thread with insight about the shark being killed by a bomb only.

So as of this moment, I find the people pushing the aim all harpoons at Hess theories to be highly suspect as scum trying divert harpoon shots away from them.

Smash in particular.

It is cause y'all lynch while I am gone! Not fair.

Leelou, come stay with me this weekend! My house is too big and lonely by myself. Come on, you know you want to!

Can't. Have too much to do before next weekend. That, and I'm not in a social mood.

Also, if we are going to float theories, then here's mine... Hess has abruptly eaten each power role as they've revealed themselves. Investigative roles don't seem to matter to him though, so he's not doing it to protect himself in any way. With that in mind, I've been trying to figure out his motives for gobbling up the power roles when they reveal - but when JIF partially revealed, he let him be. Like he was afraid of eating a twinkie, and ending up with an explosion in his mouth.

My guess is that Hess was avoiding eating anyone whose role he wasn't entirely sure about. Which I think aligns with 80's theory about Hess only dying if he eats a bomb.

Which comes back to AVM and Nolder being really ****ing stupid for revealing for relatively "unprompted" reasons, but that's another story.

Also, I think we should lynch AVM and Nolder.

If scum was told this information about bombs, or if Pac found a real bomb or backup bomb, or has a bomb on their team, then Pac role-cop revealing AVM as a backup bomb to bus him makes a TON of sense... it will make AVM unlynchable and inedible by the shark the rest of the game.

Christine, thats a dumb theory. DPR stated Quint in the begining of the game in singular. Hes obviously town from the movie, aka, one of the good guys.

I think a bunch of people should request a harpoon once day starts and then fire at Hess.

Archived