Irsay, Colts working on a big trade; rumored to be for a CB

T0mShane

you still dont seem to understand no one fears our running game and its exactly what teams are doing they are jumping routes left and right and dropping more into coverage to completely shut down Sanchez Last year it was blatently obvious. But hey the way you guys talk no one should trade for or pay MJD because great RB's are worthless so Lets run this guy out of the league. I'll laugh my ass off if someone like the Pats step in and grab this guy because he couldnt possibly help the Jets

Holy crap! Teams are dropping into coverage to shut down Sanchez? Unecessary and untrue. If anything the weak ass passing game is what is finally crushing our (formerly) monster run attack.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap! Teams are dropping into coverage to shut down Sanchez? Unecessary and untrue. If anything the weak ass passing game is what is finally crushing our (formerly) monster run attack.

Dom teams are rushing our QB with 4 man fronts and shutting down our run. Its exactly what the Giants did and teams did it last year as well. They are not trying to "shut down Sanchez" they are shutting down our entire offense. No one falls for our play action anymore you can see it on the field. Forcing Sanchez into mistakes is the way defenses play us now. Fine if you want to disagree but I think its exactly whats happening. Why else cant we complete a pass past ten yards ?

Dom teams are rushing our QB with 4 man fronts and shutting down our run. Its exactly what the Giants did and teams did it last year as well. They are not trying to "shut down Sanchez" they are shutting down our entire offense. No one falls for our play action anymore you can see it on the field. Forcing Sanchez into mistakes is the way defenses play us now. Fine if you want to disagree but I think its exactly whats happening. Why else cant we complete a pass past ten yards ?

When have we run play action in the preseason? The Giants rushed 4, of course that is JPP, Tuck and Osi. Not too many teams trotting that out there. The Bengals sent plenty of people. Do you really have to ask why we can't complete a pass past 10 yards? It's not because teams are dropping into coverage. That's for sure. They are jumping routes because the routes and when and who he is throwing to are often extremely obvious. He never turns his head.

When have we run play action in the preseason? The Giants rushed 4, of course that is JPP, Tuck and Osi. Not too many teams trotting that out there. The Bengals sent plenty of people. Do you really have to ask why we can't complete a pass past 10 yards? It's not because teams are dropping into coverage. That's for sure. They are jumping routes because the routes and when and who he is throwing to are often extremely obvious. He never turns his head.

Sorry but I dont buy into the staring down receivers bullsh*t. Ive watched him play Ive rewound plays hes always scanning the field when not running for his life. Every Sanchez hater uses this excuse but they refuse to agree with commentators like phil simms who will show you the jets simply do not have receivers open down field or the rush gets to sanchez before they come out if their breaks. We can go round and round about this I know what I see hes not staring receivers down and I always see defenders in our receivers face Sanchez is always throwing to contested guys even if your just playing the guessing game as a QB and truly staring down receivers someone has to get open now and then. never seems to happen for us.

Sorry but I dont buy into the staring down receivers bullsh*t. Ive watched him play Ive rewound plays hes always scanning the field when not running for his life. Every Sanchez hater uses this excuse but they refuse to agree with commentators like phil simms who will show you the jets simply do not have receivers open down field or the rush gets to sanchez before they come out if their breaks. We can go round and round about this I know what I see hes not staring receivers down and I always see defenders in our receivers face Sanchez is always throwing to contested guys even if your just playing the guessing game as a QB and truly staring down receivers someone has to get open now and then. never seems to happen for us.

Watch the footage of the pick 6. It's ridiculous. He may turn his head sometimes, but when he doesn't... look out! Also, he consistently throws the ball late. Another recipe for disaster.

Watch the footage of the pick 6. It's ridiculous. He may turn his head sometimes, but when he doesn't... look out! Also, he consistently throws the ball late. Another recipe for disaster.

Dom the pick six was a 3 step drop quick throw .....The issue was the throw should have never been made. It was a designed play to go exactly where it went. bad throw not staring down Receiver. I fully blame Sanchez for the pick six and on those quick plays if its not there you should either scramble out of the pocket if its possible or simply throw the ball away. They read the play and thats pretty much it.

Like I said he gave them 3 great years and a SB. Kurt Warner is on record and just watching that team play makes you realize Faulk opened up that entire offense. if the Jets were to get MJD in camp now he would have 2 weeks under his belt and you could even hold him out of the first game if need be or work him in slowly. John Riggins was signed by the Redskins in his 30's how di that work out ? MJD is a bulldog that will bring instant respect to our offense we currently do not have. Teams will play tight on our WR's and stuff our running game and Blitz the living hell out of Sanchez. And those teams who do not have to blitz and can rush us with 4 down lineman since we cant pass protect will drop players in coverage and jump routes. Its hard for any QB to succeed under those circumstances and no one seems to take into consideration thats why Sanchez holds onto the ball to much. Theres a reason he got picked an had so many pick sixes last year and its not just his fault. This team is not even one dimentional anymore its zero dimentional.

:bssign:

Sanchez stares people down because he's paranoid about a pass rush? In what way does that possibly make sense? I could see if you said he gets happy feet and his head is on too much of a swivel so he doesn't give the play a chance to develop, which isn't the case. But he holds the ball too long and never moves his head. This is the OPPOSITE of what a paranoid QB would do.

And they jump routes because they're watching Sanchez who never looks off his target so the whole world knows where the ball is going (if it isn't checked down or if he isn't sacked).

It is unbelievable. You are hyper-critical about everyone on the offense except Sanchez, who is a victim to the suckiness of everyone around him. Meanwhile the rest of the league knows he makes everyone worse and is a joke excuse for a QB who was carried by a top defense and ground game to hide his ineptitude.

Dom the pick six was a 3 step drop quick throw .....The issue was the throw should have never been made. It was a designed play to go exactly where it went. bad throw not staring down Receiver. I fully blame Sanchez for the pick six and on those quick plays if its not there you should either scramble out of the pocket if its possible or simply throw the ball away. They read the play and thats pretty much it.

No you don't. You blame others for his pick 6's. You just said so in the post I quoted above: "Theres a reason he got picked an had so many pick sixes last year and its not just his fault."

Holy mother.

That's the problem. It wasn't quick. It was slow and late. He should have ripped it out quick. Not only did he stare down Turner, but he had plenty of time to reset and look left to Keller or Hill or wait for Powell to sift out for a dump off.

:bssign:

Sanchez stares people down because he's paranoid about a pass rush? In what way does that possibly make sense? I could see if you said he gets happy feet and his head is on too much of a swivel so he doesn't give the play a chance to develop, which isn't the case. But he holds the ball too long and never moves his head. This is the OPPOSITE of what a paranoid QB would do.

And they jump routes because they're watching Sanchez who never looks off his target so the whole world knows where the ball is going (if it isn't checked down or if he isn't sacked).

It is unbelievable. You are hyper-critical about everyone on the offense except Sanchez, who is a victim to the suckiness of everyone around him. Meanwhile the rest of the league knows he makes everyone worse and is a joke excuse for a QB who was carried by a top defense and ground game to hide his ineptitude.

Dont put words in my mouth that crap you put in bold is not in my statement . He holds the ball because his receivers are covered or he sees coverage he does not like. Teams jump our routes for a reason and its not only on Sanchez. hes got the arm to make all the throws. I put blame on Sanchez for forcing throws he should not make and thats about it. if you think the Jets have talent on offense on par with the rest of the league or the other playoff bound teams your nuts.

List for me the people whose fault it is - more fault than Sanchez himself deserves - that Sanchez throws pick 6's.

I've made it painfully clear in many threads that I blame the bad decisions on Sanchez. I think hes forcing the ball too much when he should just throw it away. I think his Receivers are covered more often than not and I think his help out of the backfield is garbage actully its a joke. I also think his receivers do a poor job at reading the blitz. Thats it, if you cant deal with that assessment, then oh well, lets just cut the discussion short and not bother anymore because we will never agree. If the Jets do go out and surround this kid with some sort of talent and this keeps up and hes missing wide open players all over the field at that point I'll agree with you and blame it all on Sanchez. I'm just not ready to do that. He still accounted for 32 TD's last year, if he cuts down on the mistakes that should be plenty to take this team to the playoffs. Too bad he never got a Patriot like perfromance on defense his first 2 years that he played very well in the playoffs while Peyton Manning picked our defense apart and the Steelers ran all over us in the first half of the other game. Brady certainly didnt light up the NFL his first 2 years but his defense played great while our number 1 ranked defense sh*t the bed.

Look, I understand that Shonn Greene isn't a great RB but he's better than Donald Brown.

I disagree. Greene has already peaked. He hit his ceiling in our playoff run. Brown is looking like he's going to have a breakout season this year.

I'm not looking at what they've done, but what they look poised to do.

Dont put words in my mouth that crap you put in bold is not in my statement . He holds the ball because his receivers are covered or he sees coverage he does not like. Teams jump our routes for a reason and its not only on Sanchez. hes got the arm to make all the throws. I put blame on Sanchez for forcing throws he should not make and thats about it. if you think the Jets have talent on offense on par with the rest of the league or the other playoff bound teams your nuts.

Oh, if only...

I've made it painfully clear in many threads that I blame the bad decisions on Sanchez. I think hes forcing the ball too much when he should just throw it away. I think his Receivers are covered more often than not and I think his help out of the backfield is garbage actully its a joke. I also think his receivers do a poor job at reading the blitz. Thats it, if you cant deal with that assessment, then oh well, lets just cut the discussion short and not bother anymore because we will never agree. If the Jets do go out and surround this kid with some sort of talent and this keeps up and hes missing wide open players all over the field at that point I'll agree with you and blame it all on Sanchez. I'm just not ready to do that. He still accounted for 32 TD's last year, if he cuts down on the mistakes that should be plenty to take this team to the playoffs. Too bad he never got a Patriot like perfromance on defense his first 2 years that he played very well in the playoffs while Peyton Manning picked our defense apart and the Steelers ran all over us in the first half of the other game. Brady certainly didnt light up the NFL his first 2 years but his defense played great while our number 1 ranked defense sh*t the bed.

No, you said the pick 6's are not his fault.

I noticed also how you conveniently rendered Sanchez blameless against the Steelers by laying it all on others as usual. Meanwhile he spotted them 6 points by fumbling on a sack that was run in, and his crappy throws kept marching our defense back onto the field right away. The D didn't show up early-on but as they "sh*t the bed" they accounted for a grand total net of 15 points surrendered with the safety. Unfortunately our QB spotted them a TD and couldn't engineer 16 net points in a championship game.

It's late in the season and a defense needs to be able to get off the field for 5 minutes at a time. The running game being so dominant is a lot of what led to our #1 ranking because it kept the defense off the field (that plus they were really good).

Sanchezites love to give him credit for all the wins with a #1 defense and #1 rushing attack behind the #1 OL but it's the fault of the defense and the rushing attack when a game is lost. Everyone around him has to be best in the league for Sanchez to show his awesomeness.

No, you said the pick 6's are not his fault.

I noticed also how you conveniently rendered Sanchez blameless against the Steelers by laying it all on others as usual. Meanwhile he spotted them 6 points by fumbling on a sack that was run in, and his crappy throws kept marching our defense back onto the field right away. The D didn't show up early-on but as they "sh*t the bed" they accounted for a grand total net of 15 points surrendered with the safety. Unfortunately our QB spotted them a TD and couldn't engineer 16 net points in a championship game.

It's late in the season and a defense needs to be able to get off the field for 5 minutes at a time. The running game being so dominant is a lot of what led to our #1 ranking because it kept the defense off the field (that plus they were really good).

Sanchezites love to give him credit for all the wins with a #1 defense and #1 rushing attack behind the #1 OL but it's the fault of the defense and the rushing attack when a game is lost. Everyone around him has to be best in the league for Sanchez to show his awesomeness.

Dude i just told you JUST NOW I BLAME SANCHEZ FOR THE PICK SIXES No matter how you spin your bullsh*t Ill say it again.

I BLAME SANCHEZ FOR THE PICK SIXES

HES THE ONE TROWING THE FOOTBALL IF PLAYERS ARE COVERED HE SHOULD THROW THE FOOTBALL AWAY. ONCE AGAIN I HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES SANCHEZ NEEDS TO CUT DOWN ON THE MISTAKES TO BECOME A BETTER QB. BUT IF WE WANT HIM TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL WE NEED TO UP THE TALENT AROUND HIM. ITS EASY FOR YOU TO TWIST MY WORDS TO WHAT YOU THINK I'M TRYING TO SAY JUST TO WIN AN ARGUEMENT ON A PLAYER YOU DESPISE ...SO ONCE AGAIN LETS JUST LET IT REST

Dude i just told you JUST NOW I BLAME SANCHEZ FOR THE PICK SIXES No matter how you spin your bullsh*t Ill say it again.

HES THE ONE TROWING THE FOOTBALL IF PLAYERS ARE COVERED HE SHOULD THROW THE FOOTBALL AWAY. ONCE AGAIN I HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES SANCHEZ NEEDS TO CUT DOWN ON THE MISTAKES TO BECOME A BETTER QB. BUT IF WE WANT HIM TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL WE NEED TO UP THE TALENT AROUND HIM. ITS EASY FOR YOU TO TWIST MY WORDS TO WHAT YOU THINK I'M TRYING TO SAY JUST TO WIN AN ARGUEMENT ON A PLAYER YOU DESPISE ...SO ONCE AGAIN LETS JUST LET IT REST

Pennington sucks.

Seriously though, why can't you just admit that those pick 6's are on Sanchez?

Hey now cmon. Give credit where its due. Pick 6 its what the boy does best. Name one better at it please.

Oh wait, Irsay/ cornerback trade rumor...................

OK Yes I think if we could get the Colts 1st rounder 2 years in a row and maybe a mid rounder or 2 for Revis Jets should go for it.

(if Colts are stupid enough to go for this)

Should be high 1st round picks. Dont see Colts winning more than 4-5 games this year.

Jets can get a real QB and dump Snachez.

Could be for the Jets what the Herschel Walker trade to Minn was for Dallas.

Hey now cmon. Give credit where its due. Pick 6 its what the boy does best. Name one better at it please.

Oh wait, Irsay/ cornerback trade rumor...................

OK Yes I think if we could get the Colts 1st rounder 2 years in a row and maybe a mid rounder or 2 for Revis Jets should go for it.

(if Colts are stupid enough to go for this)

Should be high 1st round picks. Dont see Colts winning more than 4-5 games this year.

Jets can get a real QB and dump Snachez.

Could be for the Jets what the Herschel Walker trade to Minn was for Dallas.

oh my a poster that gets it

Obviously, it's unlikely. But here's my varnished scenario, anyway:

If the Colts think that they can win next year with Luck (who looks freaking awesome so far), backed by Chuck Pagano's scheme (see: Rex Effect), they could be inclined to accelerate their rebuilding plan.

From the Jets' point of view, they have to realize by now that Sanchez probably isn't the answer, and that not girding themselves for the eventuality of moving on from him will cost them dearly. Revis is going to get a contract extension that may literally bankrupt Woody Johnson. (Jason McCourty--who isn't half of Revis--just re-upped for $8m+ per (5 yrs./$43m/$20m gtd)). Revis, as we know, has also been poking at Tannenbaum this offseason, calling him, essentially, a liar and pointing out that Tanny has submarined Sanchez. There could be the slightest chance that Tannenbaum and Johnson roll the dice on solving their two biggest problems in one fell swoop, while at the same time buying themselves (and Rex) a down-ish year, with the hopes that using their newly-found cap space and draft picks to upgrade the offense next season.

Consider--the Jets could probably go 7-9, 8-8 this season, even without Revis. Even if they dip to 6-10, they're still going into 2013 with a bunch of draft picks, one less fiasco with a Revis negotiation, and a bunch of long-term financial flexibility that they wouldn't have otherwise.

Archived