jabar gaffney cut. worth a look?

ylekram

So we have Hill, who is having a lot of trouble catching the ball, Kerley and Holmes with hamstring issues and Schilens also hurt. Why we wouldn't we bring in a veteran to step in when we need him to? Again, bringing him in makes this team better.

Disagree. Just makes it older. If those guys aren't ready when the season starts we can worry. Right now we are better off finding out what the Eron Rileys and Royce Pollards of the world can give us.

Gaffney does not change that. Whoever they pick up is not likely to be part of the "core".

at least with a Gafney Dom you KNOW what you are getting. The guy can catch a football, knows how to run a route-UNLIKE pretty much every other pass catcher we have with the exception of #10. Patrick Turner is our second best receiver at this point. This is the worst receiving corps we've had since I don't even know when.

As someone said on Twitter last night, Stephen Hill runs routes like he wandered onto a frozen lake.

He is very raw

He looks goofy as all hell out there and he doesnt know how to the catch the Football. I'm not expecting this guy to have a very good NFL career. Hopefully his size and speed can help take the top off the defense, but I'm not holding my breath on him turning out to be worth a damn.

Gaffney does not change that. Whoever they pick up is not likely to be part of the "core".

He surely does. Dude would have been our leading receiver last year by a wide margin and he had Rex Grossman and John Beck throwing him the Football. He's not part of the future core...but he's a sure handed option that would easily the 2nd best WR on the team.

at least with a Gafney Dom you KNOW what you are getting. The guy can catch a football, knows how to run a route-UNLIKE pretty much every other pass catcher we have with the exception of #10. Patrick Turner is our second best receiver at this point. This is the worst receiving corps we've had since I don't even know when.

Hey Jimmy, I neg repped you when I was trying to quote. Sorry!

Now is not the ime to look for people where you "know what you get". It's the time to look for a surprise, like Maybin. There will be plenty of time to pick up reliable crap later. People will not be clamoring to these guys door. I also disagree about the receivers. 3 of the top 4 have barely played and the one that has we knew was going to be raw.

He looks goofy as all hell out there and he doesnt know how to the catch the Football. I'm not expecting this guy to have a very good NFL career. Hopefully his size and speed can help take the top off the defense, but I'm not holding my breath on him turning out to be worth a damn.

He surely does. Dude would have been our leading receiver last year by a wide margin and he had Rex Grossman and John Beck throwing him the Football. He's not part of the future core...but he's a sure handed option that would easily the 2nd best WR on the team.

good to see you coming back down to earth JiF-I knew that you KNOW football well enough to NOT let some stupid homerism blind your objectivity...we know what we are seeing from this 2012 Jets team and let's face it-it ain't good

Hey Jimmy, I neg repped you when I was trying to quote. Sorry!

Now is not the ime to look for people where you "know what you get". It's the time to look for a surprise, like Maybin. There will be plenty of time to pick up reliable crap later. People will not be clamoring to these guys door. I also disagree about the receivers. 3 of the top 4 have barely played and the one that has we knew was going to be raw.

This makes no sense. You're rolling out Holmes, a raw rookie, a 2nd year player made for the slot and Patrick Turner with his career 10 catches but the Jets wouldnt be interested in adding someone in which they know what they'd be getting? Huh? I'd think if they were going to add a vet, do it now, so he can get familiar with the playbook and build a rapport going with his QB before real bullets start to fly.

This makes no sense. You're rolling out Holmes, a raw rookie, a 2nd year player made for the slot and Patrick Turner with his career 10 catches but the Jets wouldnt be interested in adding someone in which they know what they'd be getting? Huh? I'd think if they were going to add a vet, do it now, so he can get familiar with the playbook and build a rapport going with his QB before real bullets start to fly.

1. The QB isn't playing anymore. It's just practice. Practice! 2. If he signs after week 1 the deal isn't guaranteed. 3. As 80 says, we need specials, not geezers. 4. You overrate the guy and underrate the guys on our roster.

1. The QB isn't playing anymore. It's just practice. Practice! 2. If he signs after week 1 the deal isn't guaranteed. 3. As 80 says, we need specials, not geezers. 4. You overrate the guy and underrate the guys on our roster.

So familiarity with the playbook and reps with your QB isnt important? Gotcha.

I'm not overrating anything. He's an average WR who happens to be better than anyone on our team other than Holmes.

Whatever, I've said before, I like committing to these young guys. Probably helps with the future but our offense is going to suck donkey dick this year and its my opinion Gaffney would help.

So familiarity with the playbook and reps with your QB isnt important? Gotcha.

I'm not overrating anything. He's an average WR who happens to be better than anyone on our team other than Holmes.

Whatever, I've said before, I like committing to these young guys. Probably helps with the future but our offense is going to suck donkey dick this year and its my opinion Gaffney would help.

I like commiting to these young guys, but signing a crappy, washed up WR is preferable. Gotcha.

I like commiting to these young guys, but signing a crappy, washed up WR is preferable. Gotcha.

He's had 2 straight years with 60+ catches and 900 yards playing with Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, and John Beck, which is better than any WR during the Sanchez era but you dont think he could help. Gotcha.

He's had 2 straight years with 60+ catches and 900 yards playing with Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, and John Beck, which is better than any WR during the Sanchez era but you dont think he could help. Gotcha.

You think the fact that it's the "Sanchez era" might have contributed to the Jets WR numbers being down?

Gaffney is a good possession receiver, something that this roster really doesn't have at the moment at the WR position. He had 50 first down catches last year, compared to 51 total receptions by Holmes and 59 first down receptions by the trio of Turner, Kerley and Holmes. We have very little experience on the roster at the position.

He also can help mentor all of our young receivers and he helps us greatly in the depth department. Definitely worth a look.

Gaffney is a good possession receiver, something that this roster really doesn't have at the moment at the WR position. He had 50 first down catches last year, compared to 51 total receptions by Holmes and 59 first down receptions by the trio of Turner, Kerley and Holmes. We have very little experience on the roster at the position.

He also can help mentor all of our young receivers and he helps us greatly in the depth department. Definitely worth a look.

id actually like him and roy with holmes, hill working in getting exp .

In the last 2 years, he's got the same amount as Roy Williams plus 58 more receptions.

Williams is done. Gaffney is coming off back to back career years.

gaffney has a 12.7 avg for career with 24 tds in 10 yrs................ he does have 58 more receptions than roy in 2 more seasons but even at that he has less yds and 20 less tds in career, ive watched both,ilike gafney but there is no comparison when both are playing well .roy is much better exsp, in the red zone. hey i want them both here im not hating.lol ang jiff to be honest with you i was uprised he was cut last 2 yrs he's been pretty good. i agree,that says alot for them to cut him anyway. i tweeted you that report that he was making no plays in camp. maybe he can catch on somewhere. i don't know man.

and yes gaffney has 7 tds the last 2 yrs he also has 9 tds the last 3yrs

rw has the same 7 tds in last 2 yrs but 14 tds in last 3 yrs just trying to get all the facts out there. no partials lol..

for career gaffney 444 catches for gaffney supurb! 24 tds 10 yrs 12.7 avg

rw 393 catches 44 tds 8yrs 14.5 avg. like i was saying i hope we sighn them both

gaffney has a 12.7 avg for career with 24 tds in 10 yrs................ he does have 58 more receptions than roy in 2 more seasons but even at that he has less yds and 20 less tds in career, ive watched both,ilike gafney but there is no comparison when both are playing well .roy is much better exsp, in the red zone. hey i want them both here im not hating.lol ang jiff to be honest with you i was uprised he was cut last 2 yrs he's been pretty good. i agree,that says alot for them to cut him anyway. i tweeted you that report that he was making no plays in camp. maybe he can catch on somewhere. i don't know man.

Roy is done. lol. DONE!!!! Been on the decline for years.

Gaffney is average but at least he's coming off a couple of career years.

roy is still very good , honestly.. not what he used to be , both would be upgrades for what we have now. in my humble opionion

Very good???? He's an unsigned FA who hasnt had a team all offseason and its a week away from week 1.

35 catches a year (his average since 07) is not very good. He done. lmfao. If he was very good, he'd be on a team.

Archived