With Tim Tebow Starting by Nov- Jets will miss the playoffs, again

Ken Schroy

Agree with your analysis but reiterate Mr T and Rex were keeping #6 irregardless of the extension so that money was gonna be spent on #6 no matter what. Esp in light of Peyton basically laughing at their overture.We may disagree with them but It would seem in their view there was nobody to bring in over the summer as you say.

irregardless? People who use that "word" deserve to have their balls dipped in acid.

And I don't agree. He is on the roster next season with an 8-figure cap hit regardless as to whether or not he loses the starting job during the season. Therefore there is more guaranteed money.

irregardless? People who use that "word" deserve to have their balls dipped in acid.

And I don't agree. He is on the roster next season with an 8-figure cap hit regardless as to whether or not he loses the starting job during the season. Therefore there is more guaranteed money.

Honestly didnt think I would ever see you resort to the spell check parry but irrespective of your inability to digest the cold hard fact that #6 was going to be here at a cost of between 17-21M for 2012-13 no matter how much you or I dislike it, I can process the it and opinions and labels and spin isnt going to change it.

Agree with your analysis but reiterate Mr T and Rex were keeping #6 irregardless of the extension so that money was gonna be spent on #6 no matter what. Esp in light of Peyton basically laughing at their overture.We may disagree with them but It would seem in their view there was nobody to bring in over the summer as you say.

If you believe that, then why would you believe the Jets would pull the plug on Sanchez halfway thru the season? It makes no sense. If they had any plans like that, rather than extend him they would've asked him to take a paycut. If they saw Tebow as a viable option at QB, they wouldn't have him risking his health on special teams.

If you believe that, then why would you believe the Jets would pull the plug on Sanchez halfway thru the season? It makes no sense. If they had any plans like that, rather than extend him they would've asked him to take a paycut. If they saw Tebow as a viable option at QB, they wouldn't have him risking his health on special teams.

Why would I believe that?

Simple. Here is a not very far fetched scenario.

Lets say after 6-7 weeks the NYJ's record is 2-4, 2-5.

The defense is playing stellar (and I do believe they will) but the games they have lost have all been 10-6, 14-10 type games and #6, despite the game plans being taylored for small ball to mask his deficiencies, has been responsible for 2 or 3 of these losses due to fumbles and a few pick 6's (his specialty).

Now.........despite this, the NYJ still have a playoff shot if they can finish strong, winning 7 of their remaining games.

Why wouldnt they consider trying McElroy and see if he can run a more efficent version of the run, run, dump off, slant pass, offense??

Thats probably all he is suited for as a pro anyway.

They would still have Tebow for short yardage, goal to go and the wildcat no?

Plus, making a wildcard playoff spot could be a job saver for the HC or GM.

Why would I believe that?

Simple. Here is a not very far fetched scenario.

Lets say after 6-7 weeks the NYJ's record is 2-4, 2-5.

The defense is playing stellar (and I do believe they will) but the games they have lost have all been 10-6, 14-10 type games and #6, despite the game plans being taylored for small ball to mask his deficiencies, has been responsible for 2 or 3 of these losses due to fumbles and a few pick 6's (his specialty).

Now.........despite this, the NYJ still have a playoff shot if they can finish strong, winning 7 of their remaining games.

Why wouldnt they consider trying McElroy and see if he can run a more efficent version of the run, run, dump off, slant pass, offense??

Thats probably all he is suited for as a pro anyway.

They would still have Tebow for short yardage, goal to go and the wildcat no?

Plus, making a wildcard playoff spot could be a job saver for the HC or GM.

This is more of a fantasy than it is a far-fetched scenario.

The Jets aren't paying Sanchez all that money just to pull him after the most difficult part of the schedule, while learning a new offense and breaking in a rookie WR. They're just not. They gave him that extension to give themselves an extended look at him minus Shottenheimer.

The good news for you is that you get to hate him all year! Yay!

I'm THISCLOSE to making a board-bet that Sanchez doesn't start eleven games this year.

If he doesn't it will probably be because Howard gets him killed. It certainly won't be for McElroy.

The most popular guy on the team is the backup QB. On this team our backup QB already has too many starts and too much publicity, so we have to root for our 3rd stringer. Ratliff! McElroy! Yay! McElroy is a prototypical backup QB. Smart and has the brains to learn the offense and not wet himself if he has to take over. He is not THE ANSWER for a team that needs a "franchise" QB.

This is more of a fantasy than it is a far-fetched scenario.

The Jets aren't paying Sanchez all that money just to pull him after the most difficult part of the schedule, while learning a new offense and breaking in a rookie WR. They're just not. They gave him that extension to give themselves an extended look at him minus Shottenheimer.

The good news for you is that you get to hate him all year! Yay!

This isnt a fantasy as you say.

If #6 plays the 1st half of this year like he did the last 1/3 of last season (and I sincerely hope he is better this year) the back pages, ESPN talking heads, fan sites, empty seats, boo birds, and poor PSL sales could force the team to sit him.

Even better news for you is all year you get to say how stupid Tannenbaum and Rex were for drafting and then benching him! Yipee!

^ I couldn't allow the injury clause because I think that's the way they'll get Sanchez out of there, with the "sore" shoulder/ankle/knee excuse.

I need to think about the stakes. I'm working on it.

Be careful.............they tried that sore neck bullsh!t last year.

"The injury" wink wink...........It would be the perfect face saving maneuver to all concerned.

Honestly didnt think I would ever see you resort to the spell check parry but irrespective of your inability to digest the cold hard fact that #6 was going to be here at a cost of between 17-21M for 2012-13 no matter how much you or I dislike it, I can process the it and opinions and labels and spin isnt going to change it.

Oh, I went there.

He was not guaranteed any money until his new contract extension. After signing it he was guaranteed $20.5M.

He was cuttable before the contract extension. He is uncuttable this year and next year no matter how bad he is or even if he loses his job for good in week 5.

This is not subject to opinion or desire or anything else.

And the jerk store just called.

Oh, I went there.

He was not guaranteed any money until his new contract extension. After signing it he was guaranteed $20.5M.

He was cuttable before the contract extension. He is uncuttable this year and next year no matter how bad he is or even if he loses his job for good in week 5.

This is not subject to opinion or desire or anything else.

And the jerk store just called.

Ha! more of "Oh I went there"

And then Reilly comes back with............

"What's the difference? You're their all-time best seller."

I understand the hate from the likes of Meyers and Smith and so on but why are they putting themselves out there like that. It's almost odd how strongly everyone feels about the Jets absolutely sucking this year. Although I will admit I'm unfortunately one of them. I'm just not so...adamant about it all. Really hope the Jets shove 12-4 down there throat however I don't see it.

Archived