Sea of Red

Section 333

Thats good that you had fun. It sucks that the one game you get to is a disaster, but going to games with your pop is the best there is.

Yeah man. The guy's getting old quick too. 66 now with bad arthritis and one leg shorter than the other (car accident, not a sweet war story or anything). Any chance we get to have some Father-Son Field of Dreams-type moments are worth the effort.

When you haven't been to a Super Bowl in 43 years and haven't hosted a playoff game since 1998, the PSL was the final nail in the coffin. Bad enough the team sucks balls, why should anyone overpay to be treated to this inferior product?

Math-PSL revenue<ad buys since 2010. Also the Jets didn't have to advertise at all until after 2009 because they sold out and had a waiting list. Good work, Woody!

Dude...

Tim Tebow. Duh.

The only thing more pathetic than the team today was the fans. I was disgusted.

It wasn't the fans that are there. I am going to do a bit of a writeup on this. Because as has been stated, this was bad. Really bad.

I think this was the worst experience I have had in the stadium since 1988. Been to almost every home game in that time.

In all honesty, didn't even know we were going for sure until this morning. Tickets kind of fell into our laps. Still had fun despite the blowout loss but.....damn did that suck.

It was great seeing you at the tailgate. Oh wait.... :)

A ten year wait list was completely wiped out by the PSL's and high ticket prices. Everyone blaming the fans is not looking at the real culprit. There are a ton of unsold tickets in circulation for every Jets game. There is even a load of open parking in the green lots (which is why I just got offered an upgrade for an additional $10 per game). I went in late and parked in the green lot even though I have a yellow pass...because there are a lot of unsold passes in green and they needed to get the cars parked so they opened them to all pass holders late. Season tix holders would have sold their tix along with passes, but the open parking tells me the tix bought up were simply on the market seats. Woody is a total Johnson. And the fans in the stadium are not being offered an affordable experience. So there simply aren't as many season ticket holders in the stands now as there were in the old stadium, leaving plenty of available seats to the highest bidder.

few jets fans were expecting a win, so they sold out

I would have as well

That is just downright bogus!!!!!!!! Few were expecting a win?!?!?!? Sold out!?!?!?!!? Jesus Christmas dude, the entire fan base born after 1959 or so do not remember the Super Bowl. We have been supporting a losing cause, sinking ship, complete disaster of a franchise year after year. When ever do we really fully expect to win?

If you want to tell me they sold for the money then so be it. But because they were expecting a loss? Do you really believe that? Maybe I am naive but I refuse to. Come monday we all expect a loss, but because there aren't any Houston fans around we will not be overtaken. We will be negative, but not overtaken. Therefore proving sell out for the cash, not the expectations of a loss. I answered my own question, its all about the price of the tickets, and the bogus PSL's. All which comes back to weather the tix are sold to Jets, Giants, 49ers, or Texans fans, the money goes nicely into our greedy pos owners pocket!!!!!!

I will start by saying obviously this had no bearing on the outcome of this debacle. Every phase of this game makes me want to vomit.

I have been to a large amount of games over the years. Never ever during recent years at least, and while fielding a competitive team, have I seen so many opposing jerseys. Im not sure what it looked like on TV but I can say that dam near half of the stadium were clad in Lott, Montana, Willis and Rice jerseys.

Saying they had more reason to cheer would be an understatement, but man, I have been home for over 4 hours now and I still hear "lets go niners" chants.

Two sections over to my right was all 49er fans. The row's directly in front of me and behind me was all 49er fans. From what I could see I saw a ton of red in the lower levels also. I guess PSL's are to blame. People figure the 49ers have a large fan base. So they could get a few more bucks for their tickets in an attempt to recoup some PSL money. I am more surprised to see the non PSL's filled with red. I buy my tickets to go to the games. Not to try to make a few bucks.

I can not tell people what to do with their tickets, but this is disheartening to me. I do not like being overtaken in my home stadium regardless of what the scoreboard says. I could be wrong but I doubt 49ers fans would have taken over a Giant's game.

Were any of you there? What are your thoughts? I find this a better topic to discuss since thinking about the actual game makes me sick.

"They may wear red but teh money is green" W. Johnson

A ten year wait list was completely wiped out by the PSL's and high ticket prices. Everyone blaming the fans is not looking at the real culprit. There are a ton of unsold tickets in circulation for every Jets game. There is even a load of open parking in the green lots (which is why I just got offered an upgrade for an additional $10 per game). I went in late and parked in the green lot even though I have a yellow pass...because there are a lot of unsold passes in green and they needed to get the cars parked so they opened them to all pass holders late. Season tix holders would have sold their tix along with passes, but the open parking tells me the tix bought up were simply on the market seats. Woody is a total Johnson. And the fans in the stadium are not being offered an affordable experience. So there simply aren't as many season ticket holders in the stands now as there were in the old stadium, leaving plenty of available seats to the highest bidder.

You are right, I just dont want to believe the truth I suppose.I miss the days where we were losers, but respectable losers. We were loud, proud and bad. We were lovable. Now we are a joke in more ways than 1, and it pains me.

It wasn't the fans that are there. I am going to do a bit of a writeup on this. Because as has been stated, this was bad. Really bad.

I think this was the worst experience I have had in the stadium since 1988. Been to almost every home game in that time.

Exactly. Same thing every week. The fans that were there yesterday were the ones that are always there, making noise. It's tough to come to terms with the fact that the rest of our fanbase absolutely sucks.

I was wathing the game on TV and while I didnt notice the fans visually until the 3rd quarter, when they all left, I did hear a de-fense chant early in the game while the Jets were on offense. I remember thinking "what is that chant?" cant be de-fense, we are on offense. I was honestly stumped trying to figure out the chant. now it is clear...

I was wathing the game on TV and while I didnt notice the fans visually until the 3rd quarter, when they all left, I did hear a de-fense chant early in the game while the Jets were on offense. I remember thinking "what is that chant?" cant be de-fense, we are on offense. I was honestly stumped trying to figure out the chant. now it is clear...

I thought they were saying T-BOW, T-BOW.

Archived