BOARDWALK EMPIRE MAFIA Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not martyring sh*t, I am very happy with the way the game ended, it's exactly the scene in the movie I wanted, I do not know why you don't see that for what it is, but really, I'm just trying to end the game with y'all happy.

that's it.

I don't care, that pissed ape off like crazy in that QT when I said I didn't care about winning.

don't know why, lots of his friends here play for the lulz and suicide in games, he's got no problem with that.

when I do it he flips. and you think I'm playing a martyr.

I'm playing a role in the movie that is in every gangster movie no I did not just come up with that spin and if the mod wants he can confirm that I said that to him when I ratted.

I played it for the lulz, and to make it more interesting, and less of a slaughter, and if I wanna be sacrificed for the greater good that doesn't make me....

ok, we'll technically I guess it does.

but it's just for the game and I'm not upset and if anyone else had done it... and if ape hasn't spent the whole day ....

nvm.

I lose, you win, the end

please?

I flipped? I told you that while you might not care about winning, everyone else here does. It has to do with the integrity of the game, the time invested in it by everyone. I didn't "flip" though, I actually said you DESERVED to win for the play you made and was giving you a path to be recruited by Dan last night to ensure you were recruited by her. Becasue when I realized you did what you did without being recruited I thought you were being played by Dan's crew.

I took great care to explain all this repeatedly and patiently with you last night, and I did not get nasty in any way. Despite all of your responses being ****ing nuts and obnoxious.

Don't you ****ing dare for one second act like a victim, or put it on anyone else. You came in here all boozed and doped up and unloaded your ****ing baggage on us/me.

This victim, martyr sh*t you are pulling today is disgusting.

Cindy, do you honestly think you made people happy with this sh*t?

trying to end it wwwom.

and... if you haven't seen this ending before my time here...

and yeah i did make a few people happy.

they're not gonna make you sadder by saying so tho.

Stickball_zpsc5491a7b.jpg

Meyer and Rocco were childhood friends, playing stickball on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Jews and Italians usually weren’t friends, but these two struck up a friendship. Both were immigrant kids, Meyer from Russia and Rocco from Sicily. By the time they became teenagers, outside forces made them drift apart. Meyer became a protégé of Arnold Rothstein while Rocco began working for The Boss, Joe Masseria.

Rocco was an underling of Tonino Sandrelli, and he hated him.

“You’re dumb as a rock, you know that?” Sandrelli used to always tell him.

Rocco couldn’t take it much longer. He became Masseria’s bodyguard and was good at that job, but Sandrelli would always criticize him no matter what. “Hey, Rocco-the-rockhead,” Sandrelli would taunt him, “You know which way to point that gun?”

Then Masseria told Rocco he was going to be Gyp Rossetti’s bodyguard for something important, something that would end the war for Atlantic City once and for all. The Boss had worked out something with the Fed and they were finally going to take out Nucky Thompson.

Rocco couldn’t go through with it. If Masseria won, then that meant Sandrelli would win and get even more power in the organization. So Rocco decided to contact his old fried Meyer, who had ended up on the opposite side of this war. Rocco didn’t want to join Meyer, he really didn’t know what he wanted except to get some sort of revenge on Sandrelli and Masseria and Masseria’s partner from Chicago, the boss up there. Torrio was his name.

Rocco told Meyer everything with tears in his eyes. He was having a nervous breakdown or something, but he pulled himself together by the time he arrived in Atlantic City with Rossetti. They were going to this club called Babette’s to ambush this Nucky Thompson, but Rocco had already warned Meyer about it. Worse still, Rocco pulled his protection from Rosetti as he searched the place. Rocco was down on the other side of the Boardwalk by the time Babette’s was blown to pieces.

Rocco ended up in a hotel with some opium and whisky. He had found out that The Boss was dead too. But not Sandrelli. That bastard Sandrelli would live—likely make a deal with the other side—while he, Rocco, was now a pariah. Consumed with grief he called Meyer, who was busy reading a book. But he put the book down and tried to calm his old friend but it didn’t work.

He had known it was all his fault. His boss was dead and his right hand man. This big deals that he had heard about, things that were mentioned in his presence but he never quite understood what was going on, were certainly going to fall apart.

It was all his fault. So Rocco, with tears in his eyes, white powder in his nose, and the taste of whisky on his breath …

suicide_zps2363ed63.jpg

… put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

Falcone_zpsd7ff68c0.jpg

Cindy, aka Rocco Falcone (doc, 1-time lynch bodyguard for crew boss, New York Crew) is dead.

But there’s more …

WDC_zps63ab7053.jpg

The height of his life was when Warren Harding was elected President of the United States of America and made him Attorney General. Daugherty valued public service, but he knew it should be profitable as well, monetarily and politically.

That’s why he decided to play both sides once Prohibition became the land of the law. He would get the acclaim when some bootleggers were collared and fill up his coffers by having a stake in the bootlegging business as well. Once Atlantic City came into play, he had to get his share. That’s what led him into his deal with the boss of Chicago, Johnny Torrio. They were up against Nucky Thompson, Arnold Rothstein, and Joe Masseria. Torrio had the muscle he needed. But best of all, Torrio had formed an alliance with Masseria and this got him an in with him as well.

Daugherty was always a practical man. You couldn’t be the Attorney General without being one. This job was not for idealists. So, Daugherty struck a side deal with Masseria and together they would take out not only Nucky Thompson, but eventually Torrio as well. It was the perfect plan. Daugherty has set up a meeting with Thompson in a place he would feel safe, Babette’s on the Boardwalk. It was the perfect plan.

Except there was a rat, and that rat ended up ruining everything. It was some small time thug who got wind of the plan and told Nucky’s people. The result was catastrophic. Masseria was dead as well as his right hand man. Torrio saw the writing on the wall and was seeking to cut a deal which would leave Daugherty out in the cold, or worse, on a hit list.

So he cut a deal with Nucky as well. It wasn’t a good deal, but when you’re on the losing side it’s good to get out alive.

And so he thought he at least had that.

kill04_zps946582a0.jpg

But that was not the case because a month later he ended up with his throat slit.

Daugherty_zpsae460a49.jpg

Verbal, aka Attorney General Harry Daugherty (godfather, recruiter, The Feds) is dead.

And there is more …

somewhere in England there's a guy thanking god he didn't play this game...

:rl: :rl:

Are you guys still looking for a replacement player?

:rl: :rl:

These guys....lmao

So you're only going to sleep with the hottest girl on TV?

This is a recipe for tons and tons of ass, young man

Works for me.

@SMC

My take is this. You designed a game around the concept of betrayal. In theory, awesome. In execution you found that the players and events saw the game go the route of pragmatism, as I predicted, it came down to 2 teams. Then, it was all over as soon as one team established a numbers advantage and it was a matter of simply going through the motions as my super crew lynched and NKed theirs. They were done. Game over. No betrayal. No upheaval. No drama.

I can understand your disappointment.

At that point, you started stepping outside of the mod role and PMing me your thoughts about my alliance, which (as I said to you at the time) were clearly making me question everything I'd worked to set up. It rippled through my interaction with verb, wombat and leelou. Foundation cracked. When cuckoo mcgee asked to do something outside the original rules, you allowed it, for the "cinematic" (your word) elements it brought to your game. It certainly accomplished that. I can see why you'd let it flow this way... that said, I do hope you acknowledge and explain your decisions in post game, like I've come to know you to do. Also hope that this is treated as though 2 games took place, everything that led up to the 2 supercrews and mine taking the commanding lead... and everything that transpired since.

Now, if it's no trouble I would like to PM message through you the following people: Benjamin Franklin, CTM, JIF's Sharktooth Necklace, The Flusher, AwesomeVM, Hess, Hess, not Ishy, Dan (not a man), Dan (still a man), Slats, Steve Jobs, the guy that played Greedo in Star Wars, and the volleyball Wilson from Cast Away.

Thanks.

Ape

Not gonna lie...I lol'd at "Dan (not a man), Dan (still a man)" and Wilson.

Oh and Hess twice.

There's a lot of comedy gold in the past several pages through the anger and emo.

Poor Lily. Has she even been here all weekend?

Her and Crusher are off doing things with their lives.

I've been working all weekend because I put too much time into the game last week and had to bring work home with me. Which makes it especially awesome how this has ended up.

chicago_zpsf81094d8.jpg

He was a veteran of the turf wars, battling in the big city all his life. First as a small time hustler when he came to New York from Irsina, Italy and then when he moved to Chicago as a young man and became a soldier of Big Jim Colosimo, the biggest mobster in Chicago at the time. Soon, that title belonged to him and he built a criminal empire known as the Chicago Outfit whom he hoped to pass to his protégé, Al Capone.

He had always seen all the angles on things, knowing that he had to make deals on top of deals to secure his position. Never leave things to chance. Hedge your bets or otherwise you could get wiped out—forever.

So when Atlantic City came into play when his one time friend Nucky Thompson was losing hold of the bootlegging business, he saw an opening. But he knew there would be other factions vying for control, from New York to Washington, D.C.

But he was never a glutton because he had also learned in life that the gluttons always end up hungry. He didn’t need all of Atlantic City. He could share it. So even when the bullets were flying and the body count rising, he was looking to make deals and he did, with two of his biggest rivals, The Boss Joe Masseria from New York and Attorney General Harry Daugherty. He would’ve made a deal with Nucky Thompson and Arnold Rothstein too, but the opportunity had yet to present itself.

Thus, he created a would-be empire, something that couldn’t be toppled. He had the Feds and New York working together and the opposition didn’t stand a chance. Yet like all great empires, it is not the outside that topples it, but what happens on the inside.

Suspicion, distrust, mistreatment, and ambition cracked the foundation of what he had created. He had become to be wary of his partners and rightfully so. Masseria and Daugherty were planning to kill him. But they made the mistake of trying to kill Nucky Thompson first and Masseria had not been able to keep tabs on one of his underlings, who ended up betraying them all.

In the aftermath of what happened in Babette’s, he knew he had to strike a deal. He had already opened up a channel of communications with Nucky. Also, it didn’t hurt that once his protégé Al Capone died, he had Nucky’s godson Jimmy on board, although at times he had to question Jimmy’s loyalty because he had gotten too close to Daugherty. It didn’t matter. Everything would work out.

So he had a deal in place with Nucky and could go back to Chicago in peace. At least until the next war. But there is one thing about Nucky that can never be overlooked. Nucky never forgets and in about a year after the war …

kill02_zps801aad8b.jpg

… the boss of Chicago ended up missing.

Torrio_zps40383b80.jpg

Integrity28, aka Johnny Torrio (godfather, recruiter, Chicago Crew) is presumed dead.

LOL I'm still on page 104 but, OH WOW, did I ever rep this post. Best game EVER. imo

LOL....took me like 30 minutes to catch up and I was here 3 hours ago haha

Her and Crusher are off doing things with their lives.

I've been working all weekend because I put too much time into the game last week and had to bring work home with me. Which makes it especially awesome how this has ended up.

:( Were you being legit about the banning stuff?

Archived