BOARDWALK EMPIRE MAFIA Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in the end, Nucky Thompson (aka Dan X, godfather, recruiter, Thompson Crew) reestablished control of Atlantic City …

Nucky_zps66e9cfde.jpg

…with his protector, Owen Sleater (aka Jetsfan80, triggerman, Thompson Crew), by his side.

Sleater_zps857bc6a9.jpg

Nucky had also reconciled with his godson Jimmy Darmody (aka WWWWombat, character cop, Chicago Crew) who took over the Chicago Outfit once Torrio disappeared.

Jimmy_zps6f444115.jpg

While Meyer Lansky (aka Ishy, character cop, Rothstein Crew), took over his mentor’s racket …

Lansky_zpsa64a80b2.jpg

with Bugsy Siegel (aka HessStation, triggerman, Rothstein Crew) his trusted button man.

Bugsy_zps59bd3b36.jpg

It was their old partner Lucky Luciano (aka, AVM, doc, Rothstein Crew), who took over Masseria’s outfit and became king of New York and eventually formed the Syndicate.

Luciano_zps2ecaf761.jpg

Assistant U.S. Attorney Esther Randolph (aka Lily, character cop, The Feds), became acting Attorney General in her old boss’s place

Randolph_zpse38bf28b.jpg

Her former college, U.S. Department of Justice Special Investigator Gaston Means (aka The Crusher, doc, The Feds), retired from government work in order to open up a restaurant in Florida …

Means_zps5ec6ba58.jpg

… where he became partners with Tonino Sandrelli (aka JiF, character cop, New York Crew), who had decided to give up a life of crime and concentrate on becoming a surfer.

Sandrelli_zps9fbb0d0e.jpg

THE END.

Banner002_zps12127887.jpg

Sorry to anyone put off by my profanity today. I was going all-in on making a point. What you saw from me today was abusive and completely unecessary. What you'll read from me last night when the cuckoo was accusing me of being abusive and cursing me out, that was patience. If you give a sh*t, it's the New York/Chicago thread probably started around post 537.

At the risk of having SMC cry about it... I do have questions about what constitues bastard modding:

When moderator PMs a player and gives them their opinion on what their teammates might be up to, do you consider that mod interference and in part bastard modding?

When a moderator writes out 4 pages of rules, specifically detailing the form factor for a unique type of player interaction, do you expect those rules to be all-encompassing or do you expect there to be other rules that just weren't mentioned? This seems like rules being made up on the fly.

When a moderator says no role reveals, and then someone says they are the doc, do you expect a modkill or do you expect to be told **** off by the mod when you point out it was his rule?

At the risk of having SMC cry about it... I do have questions about what constitues bastard modding:

When moderator PMs a player and gives them their opinion on what their teammates might be up to, do you consider that mod interference and in part bastard modding?

When a moderator writes out 4 pages of rules, specifically detailing the form factor for a unique type of player interaction, do you expect those rules to be all-encompassing or do you expect there to be other rules that just weren't mentioned? This seems like rules being made up on the fly.

When a moderator says no role reveals, and then someone says they are the doc, do you expect a modkill or do you expect to be told **** off by the mod when you point out it was his rule?

I honestly think the majority of this was just mistakes. This game was HUGE and I think it got away from SMC. I think the thing with the deadline was a little sketchy and maybe he got a little too involved at some points with advice giving. Overall I'm not really sure what kind of difference any of it made if any on anyone's gameplay.

That said, it would have been nice if he just owned up to the mistakes rather than bitch at all his players.

BTW, Ape wanted Hess modkilled because Hess jokingly said he was the doc and wanted protection. That's what Ape is bitching about on the last point.

There was no way I was modkilling anyone in that situation.

I honestly think the majority of this was just mistakes. This game was HUGE and I think it got away from SMC. I think the thing with the deadline was a little sketchy and maybe he got a little too involved at some points with advice giving. Overall I'm not really sure what kind of difference any of it made if any on anyone's gameplay.

That said, it would have been nice if he just owned up to the mistakes rather than bitch at all his players.

What mistakes?

Ape was paranoid and I was pointing out FACTS to him. Facts.

And, actually, his suspicion was warranted because Verbal and Leelou were plotting his death.

As to real mistakes, I'll own up to any you point out.

What mistakes?

The fact that you were letting people communicate privately despite it not being clearly spelled out in the rules for one.

Also the fact that at one point you promised there would be no deadline over the weekend and then set a deadline of just a few hours.

YOU WON THE GAME YOU STUPID JACKASS. STFU BEFORE I CHOKE YOU UNTIL YOU PASS OUT.

The fact that you were letting people communicate privately despite it not being clearly spelled out in the rules for one.

Also the fact that at one point you promised there would be no deadline over the weekend and then set a deadline of just a few hours.

First, no one was communicating privately. They were doing it through me. Second, the rules did not prohibit it.

Second, who gives a crap about a deadline? That did not change anything. Verbal had EVERYTHING already planned out. He PM'd me specifically telling me the kill he wanted and the protection.

What mistakes?

Ape was paranoid and I was pointing out FACTS to him. Facts.

And, actually, his suspicion was warranted because Verbal and Leelou were plotting his death.

As to real mistakes, I'll own up to any you point out.

You placing ideas in Ape's head----->Ape acting sketchy-------->Wombat telling me this------->Leelou and I plotting his death

That was the sequence of events. I don't care about this part. I'm fine there.

You allowing Cindy to communicate through you via PM with Dan's team was not outlined in your rules, and it was further contradicted in your response to Nolder that I quoted earlier today.

This was a mistake. You said meetings come from bosses when a player is L-2 or viewed. Neither of these occurred with Cindy.

It was a mistake. sh*t happens, man. All good. Just please admit this part got away from the outline you have the players.

...with Bugsy Siegel (aka HessStation, triggerman, Rothstein Crew) his trusted button man. Bugsy went to the player known as Nolder's grave every day and pissed on it. He would throw big wads of chew in his mouth and just sit there and spit on it too. He hates that little bitch.

Bugsy_zps59bd3b36.jpg

THE END.

Banner002_zps12127887.jpg

fixed

First, no one was communicating privately. They were doing it through me. Second, the rules did not prohibit it.

Second, who gives a crap about a deadline? That did not change anything. Verbal had EVERYTHING already planned out. He PM'd me specifically telling me the kill he wanted and the protection.

As for the deadline part, SMC is right. We had it mapped - he did his job as mod there.

As for the deadline part, SMC is right. We had it mapped - he did his job as mod there.

Except for the fact that I didn't have time to tell my team because I passed out not thinking there was a deadline and we didn't get to work it out with Ape before hand.

You placing ideas in Ape's head----->Ape acting sketchy-------->Wombat telling me this------->Leelou and I plotting his death

That was the sequence of events. I don't care about this part. I'm fine there.

You allowing Cindy to communicate through you via PM with Dan's team was not outlined in your rules, and it was further contradicted in your response to Nolder that I quoted earlier today.

This was a mistake. You said meetings come from bosses when a player is L-2 or viewed. Neither of these occurred with Cindy.

It was a mistake. sh*t happens, man. All good. Just please admit this part got away from the outline you have the players.

The rules did not prohibit what Cindy did. NO WHERE in the rules is it prohibited.

However, if you say that despite the rules not prohibiting it, it was a mistake to allow it? That I can see is a valid argument.

Archived