New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

What are you driving now? Is it worth 5k?

I drive a '96 Honda Civic (lame, I know), my first car. Bought it in '03 when it had about 100,000 miles, and now its closing in on 200,000. It's been great for getting me from A to B without costing much maintenance and getting outstanding gas mileage, but its probably only worth somewhere in the $500-$1,000 range.

I might not even get rid of it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considered that.

What is your price range and what is the hierarchy of "wants" vs. "needs"?

Like $25,000 or less.

Want:

- AWD

- Alloy wheels

- "cool" looking

- buy American

Need:

- FWD

- reliability #1

- safety #2

- 20 mpg or better

- takes regular gas, doesn't require premium

- air conditioning

- cold weather package, like heated seats

Like $25,000 or less.

Want:

- AWD

- Alloy wheels

- "cool" looking

- buy American

Need:

- FWD

- reliability #1

- safety #2

- 20 mpg or better

- air conditioning

Don't need the Alloy wheels or heated seats, but everything else there sounds about right.

Town really came back to win this one? No sh*t? That's impressive, job well done. Pretty embarrassing for you scum folks though, huh?

I am proud to say that I provided absolutely nothing of value to this win, but my corpse gladly rode the coattails of the rest of you to victory. Boo-yah.

Town really came back to win this one? No sh*t? That's impressive, job well done. Pretty embarrassing for you scum folks though, huh?

I am proud to say that I provided absolutely nothing of value to this win, but my corpse gladly rode the coattails of the rest of you to victory. Boo-yah.

tl;gfy

I think 80's might already have too much mileage on it to be worth anything.......

i laughed..

Because of this post, Pac has officially moved into the position of least funny mafia player, taking over Verbals spot. This is in addition to being the worst townie. Banner week for the pacmule

you inspired me.,

Like $25,000 or less.

Want:

- AWD

- Alloy wheels

- "cool" looking

- buy American

Need:

- FWD

- reliability #1

- safety #2

- 20 mpg or better

- air conditioning

Ok.. I'll play..

I want a luxury sedan... preferably hybrid... fully loaded... For reasons I can explain in PM, it needs to be a more understated brand. Can't set of any alarms to a laymen that the owner of this car has money.

Ok.. I'll play..

I want a luxury sedan... preferably hybrid... fully loaded... For reasons I can explain in PM, it needs to be a more understated brand. Can't set of any alarms to a laymen that the owner of this car has money.

Ford Fusion Hybrid might fit this description. If not, the Camry Hybrid.

Ok.. I'll play..

Makes me think of the aftermath of the Lufthansa Heist from Goodfellas.

Who will be the one buying a pink Cadillac and fur coat for his broad?

i laughed..

Because of this post, Pac has officially moved into the position of least funny mafia player, taking over Verbals spot. This is in addition to being the worst townie. Banner week for the pacmule

Well, at least I accomplished something.

Besides, all according to plan. Unfunny like a mother****er, then come out with a blast here and there.

Ford Fusion Hybrid might fit this description. If not, the Camry Hybrid.

I need nicer though.. they aren't luxury calls.. I was thinking Lincoln... luxury brand, btu doesn't raise the eyebrows the way a BMW would

Since people are rambling on about all of this other nonsense, I might as well throw this out there and get some people's opinions on something. What is everyone's thoughts on the ideas of happiness vs money when it comes to a job? I ask because the truth is, my current position is the happiest I've been in a job and frankly I wouldn't even consider leaving it under normal circumstances, except.... I just got information from a recruiter passed on to me for a position that would pay literally double what I'm currently making. Now of course there's nothing to say I'd even have a shot in hell at getting the job (or if I did how good or bad of a job it would be), but I'm trying to figure out what to do. Like I said, I really wasn't at all thinking about going anywhere, but that's also kind of hard to ignore. Thoughts?

Since people are rambling on about all of this other nonsense, I might as well throw this out there and get some people's opinions on something. What is everyone's thoughts on the ideas of happiness vs money when it comes to a job? I ask because the truth is, my current position is the happiest I've been in a job and frankly I wouldn't even consider leaving it under normal circumstances, except.... I just got information from a recruiter passed on to me for a position that would pay literally double what I'm currently making. Now of course there's nothing to say I'd even have a shot in hell at getting the job (or if I did how good or bad of a job it would be), but I'm trying to figure out what to do. Like I said, I really wasn't at all thinking about going anywhere, but that's also kind of hard to ignore. Thoughts?

take the money, it buys happiness!!

Well, at least I accomplished something.

Besides, all according to plan. Unfunny like a mother****er, then come out with a blast here and there.

Yeah, and now that it's offical that Pac isn't funny and isn't good at Mafia, he is officially the biggest drain on the community. He's the weakest link, we cut him off and the community becomes stronger

I need nicer though.. they aren't luxury calls.. I was thinking Lincoln... luxury brand, btu doesn't raise the eyebrows the way a BMW would

Lincoln is same as Ford, just a different trim level and logo. Same as Lexus to Toyota relationship. Obviously there are some other difference, but overall, it's just branding.

If brand matters, but shouldn't matter, based on your requirements. Then BMW > Lincoln > Ford, so you'd be in the right tier for what you are saying.

Another make you could go with is Acura, the high-end version of Honda. It competes with Infiniti and Lexus without the super luxury stigma.

There has to be a balance. I was relatively happy in the job I'm about to leave, but was paid sh*t. How can I be happy when I'm living life week to week, constantly worrying about money, and not being able to do some fun things I'd like to do? I might get paid better AND be just as happy in this new job, so here's to hoping for that.

I do have a Plan B to help with the "happiness factor" though. I absolutely love my part-time position with UNCW Athletics. Announcing games and running music doesn't feel like work to me, even though I get paid (a meager amount, but paid nonetheless). I intend to continue to work for them.

What do you need a car for anyway? I would have thought that a villain like you would at least have a jet pack

There has to be a balance. I was relatively happy in the job I'm about to leave, but was paid sh*t. How can I be happy when I'm living life week to week, constantly worrying about money, and not being able to do some fun things I'd like to do? I might get paid better AND be just as happy in this new job, so here's to hoping for that.

I do have a Plan B to help with the "happiness factor" though. I absolutely love my part-time position with UNCW Athletics. Announcing games and running music doesn't feel like work to me, even though I get paid (a meager amount, but paid nonetheless). I intend to continue to work for them.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from, but that's the thing for me, I'm really not in a position at all where my current financial situation is at all bad. I'm living comfortably with money to spare in my current job, which is part of what makes it not such an easy decision. Of course, on the other hand, that also tells you the kind of money this position is offering.

The flip side is it's also a Manhattan hedge fun, so I can very easily see there being a substantial increase in the number of hours I'd be putting in compared to my current job (not to mention things being a lot more volatile with much less job security).

What do you need a car for anyway? I would have thought that a villain like you would at least have a jet pack

What a pretentious douchebag he is.. did you see in his list of criteria that the common man must now know the person driving the car has money.

that alone is punch in the face worthy.

Archived