Keller wants to stay a Jet

Maxman

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former GM Mike Tannenbaum said on NFL Network that the Jets' defense couldn't cover TE Hayden Smith in practices last season.
Former

Australian rugby star Smith spent most of 2012 on the Jets' practice

squad. He could be a player to monitor in 2013 training camp, Smith's

second year of organized football. "We could not cover this guy in

practice," Tannenbaum said. "It would drive Rex (Ryan) up a wall. We

could not cover this guy. He got better and better, wound up dressing

for five games, and actually caught a pass against the Chargers." The

Jets have a hole at tight end with Dustin Keller almost certain to leave

in free agency. Mar 4 - 7:23 PM

So he was getting better and better and was so good that it was driving Rex Ryan nuts and yet he ONLY caught 1 pass. What were we waiting for ?

So he was getting better and better and was so good that it was driving Rex Ryan nuts and yet he ONLY caught 1 pass. What were we waiting for ?

Same old Rex and his damn Union Shop mentality. Someone has to be light years better to replace a Vet.

In competitve NFL if a guy is 2% better, start him, I dont care if Vet benched or cut. You think Belichick would worry about hurting a Vets feelings? 

Same old Rex and his damn Union Shop mentality. Someone has to be light years better to replace a Vet.

In competitve NFL if a guy is 2% better, start him, I dont care if Vet benched or cut. You think Belichick would worry about hurting a Vets feelings? 

For the most part Keller was hobbled. And who else was there ? 2% is a HUGE upgrade in the NFL!

Um... what? If we couldn't cover him in practice, why wasn't he getting more catches in regular season games???

Duh ...cause he would have had Sanchez throwing to him in the games   ..... in practice he had McElroy getting the ball to him ...

Duh ...cause he would have had Sanchez throwing to him in the games   ..... in practice he had McElroy getting the ball to him ...

I tried to think of all of those angles, but McElroy couldn't do anything in game time either... so the idea that he was owning them in practice is pretty weird to me.

Archived