Soooooooo, Idzik and Woody spoke tonight in Arizona...

T0mShane

Do you think they "got older and slower" last year? It's better to be young and fast, but younger and faster isn't always better.

I think Woody conflated the two issues: 1. He spent a ton of money, and 2. His team was old and slow in 2013. I'm not sure that he really understands how it got that way, just that he wasn't getting his money's worth.

So the message has gone from "Woody is a terrible owner because he's too involved," to "Woody is awful as an owner because he isn't involved enough"?

LOL. Why don't you haters pick something and stick with it? It's getting more and more difficult to track the anti-homers rallying point of the day.

When was this said? By whom? You and Gato loveeeeeee to pull these straw men thingys and act like you're each some above-the-fray geniuses. Ultimately, you're both just panty-waist homers who get proven wrong about the loser coaches and personnel you protect, atcwhich point you conveniently forget that you derided anyone who rightly criticized said loser coaches and personnel. Worse, you both then just adopt new straw men and new loser coaches and personnel and repeat the cycle.

Very astute of Woody, a special teams guru from way back. I love when Woody talks football. He almost seems manly. Are Woody and John Clayton related in some distant way?

I'd guess it's more a matter of Woody finding a new adviser other than Tannenbaum who pointed out these issues to him, and that's what he's drawing these conclusions from.

When was this said? By whom? You and Gato loveeeeeee to pull these straw men thingys and act like you're each some above-the-fray geniuses. Ultimately, you're both just panty-waist homers who get proven wrong about the loser coaches and personnel you protect, atcwhich point you conveniently forget that you derided anyone who rightly criticized said loser coaches and personnel. Worse, you both then just adopt new straw men and new loser coaches and personnel and repeat the cycle.

Both versions have been said plenty.  I don't believe it has been by you or the "Ilk" but I heard plenty bashing Woody for both being overinvolved and not caring/being cheap.  Funny thing about the new advisor BS is that I think Parcells still has Woody's ear.  Either that or some press guy keeps drumming it up because I constantly hear about guys that Parcells "suggests" including Sparano.

Both versions have been said plenty. I don't believe it has been by you or the "Ilk" but I heard plenty bashing Woody for both being overinvolved and not caring/being cheap. Funny thing about the new advisor BS is that I think Parcells still has Woody's ear. Either that or some press guy keeps drumming it up because I constantly hear about guys that Parcells "suggests" including Sparano.

Parcells suggested the hiring of Ray Handley and Al Groh, too. I doubt he'd be the guy to subvert Tannenbaum, but if Woody is using him to hire executives, we're in trouble.

Parcells suggested the hiring of Ray Handley and Al Groh, too. I doubt he'd be the guy to subvert Tannenbaum, but if Woody is using him to hire executives, we're in trouble.

I'm an old school Parcells hater, but the main problem is that you can't be taking final advice from a guy who is not part of your organization and worse worked for other teams within the division.  I don't know that Parcells had any say, but I heard his name far more often than I should have.

Jets should never have come roaring into the pre-season behind the "we want to trade Revis" banner. It compromised their position in trade negotiations, that, combined with the fact that the market was flooded with experienced, decent corners.

Sean Smith's deal has a base value of $16.5m over 3 years. Revis based on some reports wanted that for 1 year.

I'm hoping the flooded market keeps Revis as a Jets, at a price set by the current market. I have low expectations, but it's good to dream.

Jets have done a good job keeping somewhat quiet this pre-season, but damn, even when they do let a peep out... they embarrass themselves.

nobody roared Into anything you drama queen. Revis is an injured scumbag. They've stated they've been willing to listen to offers. Smart move.

This also ruled:

I've been saying for years that giving your f*cking special teams coach input into personnel is dumb as sh*t. You use the back end of your roster to develop young position players who happen to play specials, not the other way around. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Agree. Plus, Westy jumped the shark coaching wise..20132 was horrid.

nobody roared Into anything you drama queen. Revis is an injured scumbag. They've stated they've been willing to listen to offers. Smart move.

Jets can't simply "state" anything, they roar. ROAR ROAR ROAR ROARY ROAR ROAR. :P

Well this was unecessarily harsh.  I like their posts.

If I had my druthers, you'd currently be in the middle of a 5 hour ban.

Well this was unecessarily harsh. I like their posts.

If I had my druthers, you'd currently be in the middle of a 5 hour ban.

If you had your druthers, you'd be suspended from the ceiling of George Michaels' loft with a gag ball in your mouth and a zucchini in your ass.

EDIT: Gato and stoic know I like them. Secretly.

If you had your druthers, you'd be suspended from the ceiling of George Michaels' loft with a gag ball in your mouth and a zucchini in your ass.

Whoa.. I liked the Sports Machine as much as the next guy but not that much.

Whoa.. I liked the Sports Machine as much as the next guy but not that much.

I call bullsh*t.

I'd guess it's more a matter of Woody finding a new adviser other than Tannenbaum who pointed out these issues to him, and that's what he's drawing these conclusions from.

Indubitably.   I wish I had seen it.  Then I could have checked to see who had his hand stuck inside Woody's back.

Jets should never have come roaring into the pre-season behind the "we want to trade Revis" banner. It compromised their position in trade negotiations, that, combined with the fact that the market was flooded with experienced, decent corners. 

Sean Smith's deal has a base value of $16.5m over 3 years. Revis based on some reports wanted that for 1 year.

I'm hoping the flooded market keeps Revis as a Jets, at a price set by the current market. I have low expectations, but it's good to dream.

Jets have done a good job keeping somewhat quiet this pre-season, but damn, even when they do let a peep out... they embarrass themselves.

In fairness Idizk hasn't really said much fo anything spare he would explore all possibiltties to  make the team better. The Daily News might've reported it that way, but teh team really ahsn't said much at all. Thse are 2 different things.

Archived