Another buy low candidate - Israel Idonije?

SenorGato

6'6" 275 interior pass rusher has put up 20.5 sacks over the past three years. Seems like a lower end outcome for Coples, but also could be a solid rotation guy at DE and DT. 

Team could probably use the depth, and while their run D has taken major hits in personnel I will guess that it's to get guys who are better against the pass. 

Other, less productive/established targets:

Rashad Jennings RB

Leonard Pope TE

Tim Hightower RB

Mohamed Massaquio WR

Ramses Barden WR

DHB

Julian Edelman WR

Early Doucet WR

Fred Davis TE

Kevin Boothe OL 

D. Freeney Pass rusher

Vaughn Martin DT

Gerald McGrath LB

Tavares Gooden LB

Ed Reed DB

Charles Woodson DB

Other, less productive/established targets:

Rashad Jennings RB

Leonard Pope TE

Tim Hightower RB

Mohamed Massaquio WR

Ramses Barden WR

DHB

Julian Edelman WR

Early Doucet WR

Fred Davis TE

Kevin Boothe OL 

D. Freeney Pass rusher

Vaughn Martin DT

Gerald McGrath LB

Tavares Gooden LB

Ed Reed DB

Charles Woodson DB

Most of the guys on this list could help us...

I am the single greatest scout in JN history. 

You are in a land of both draft picks and free agents, of pro-bowlers and of depth, you are entering a world where the Jets front office makes sensible decisions. That's the sign post up ahead, your next stop... the Twilight Zone.

Safety's big impact is usually negative. Smith is one of those cases.

I really would like to sign one of Woodson or Reed, especially if they keep Revis like I suspect.

No chance we could afford Reed and I'm not even sure about Woodson on top of the fact signing either of those guy isn't going to help the team in the long run.

Safety's big impact is usually negative. Smith is one of those cases.

I really would like to sign one of Woodson or Reed, especially if they keep Revis like I suspect.

Aren't you the one that wants Mark Barron included in trade with Tampa? Why, if this is what you believe?

FWIW, there were early reports that they would target Massoquoi if they weren't able to land Gibson.  Then they didn't land Gibson and I didn't hear another peep about him.  Take it for what it's worth, but it is still the most recent rotoworld blurb on Massoquoi.

Rich Cimini@RichCimini12 Mar

In addition to WR Brandon Gibson, #Jets have interest in Browns WR Mohammed Massaquoi, I'm told. Could wait out initial wave of free agency.

FWIW, there were early reports that they would target Massoquoi if they weren't able to land Gibson.  Then they didn't land Gibson and I didn't hear another peep about him.  Take it for what it's worth, but it is still the most recent rotoworld blurb on Massoquoi.

That wouldnt be an awful pick up.  

However, in general, I think you're not going to see a ton action from here to the draft.  Some signing maybe here and there but at this point...the longer they wait, the further they drive down the cost of some of these bums.  Plus, I recon they'll wait to see what holes are left after the draft to start signing guy who realistically could be sitting in FA til camp opens.

That wouldnt be an awful pick up.  

However, in general, I think you're not going to see a ton action from here to the draft.  Some signing maybe here and there but at this point...the longer they wait, the further they drive down the cost of some of these bums.  Plus, I recon they'll wait to see what holes are left after the draft to start signing guy who realistically could be sitting in FA til camp opens.

I liked Massoquoi coming out, but he is soft.  He would fit right in with our new M*A*S*H unit signings.  I disagree on waiting until after the draft.  They are obviously trying to fill glaring needs.  They may have really liked Gibson or seen WR as a glaring need.  If Holmes comes back, they at least have bodies at WR, but WR/TE is a need area.  The guys they signed aren't locks to start or particularly good, but they at least fill what were complete open holes in the roster.  It's interesting that they haven't been linked to any safeties yet because they barely have one on the roster.

I liked Massoquoi coming out, but he is soft.  He would fit right in with our new M*A*S*H unit signings.  I disagree on waiting until after the draft.  They are obviously trying to fill glaring needs.  They may have really liked Gibson or seen WR as a glaring need.  If Holmes comes back, they at least have bodies at WR, but WR/TE is a need area.  The guys they signed aren't locks to start or particularly good, but they at least fill what were complete open holes in the roster.  It's interesting that they haven't been linked to any safeties yet because they barely have one on the roster.

Every position is a position of need, per say.

What do you disagree on?  Who are they signing?  FA frenzy has slowed down, most players left are fillers - teams typically wait till after the draft to sign players to fill a roster.  Sure, some players are going to get contracts prior but I bet a ton of these names in FA are still around come May.

Every position is a position of need, per say.

What do you disagree on?  Who are they signing?  FA frenzy has slowed down, most players left are fillers - teams typically wait till after the draft to sign players to fill a roster.  Sure, some players are going to get contracts prior but I bet a ton of these names in FA are still around come May.

I disagree on waiting until after the draft to see what they need.  They want competition at every position.  They don't even have a legit safety on roster.  I understand they will be picking up bargains where they find them, but if they really liked Massoquoi the way Cimini intimated, I think they would have had him in.  They obviously wanted Gibson, Goodson and Barnes. It also seems that they might be seriously lowballing guys because they targeted those guys and still took a decent amount of time to sign the two they got and let Gibson off the hook.  So far I like the way they've gone about it, but the Revis thing scares me.

I disagree on waiting until after the draft to see what they need.  They want competition at every position.  They don't even have a legit safety on roster.  I understand they will be picking up bargains where they find them, but if they really liked Massoquoi the way Cimini intimated, I think they would have had him in.  They obviously wanted Gibson, Goodson and Barnes. It also seems that they might be seriously lowballing guys because they targeted those guys and still took a decent amount of time to sign the two they got and let Gibson off the hook.  So far I like the way they've gone about it, but the Revis thing scares me.

Oh, no, I agree.  Like I said, they will sign some more guys and I'm not saying to wait entirely.  I'm saying, they have a ton of needs and arent going to address them in bulk prior to the draft.  In general, I think teams wait.  There are probably a dozen identifiable names that get signed before, but I just dont think teams will be super busy right now if they havent already been.

6'6" 275 interior pass rusher has put up 20.5 sacks over the past three years. Seems like a lower end outcome for Coples, but also could be a solid rotation guy at DE and DT. 

Team could probably use the depth, and while their run D has taken major hits in personnel I will guess that it's to get guys who are better against the pass. 

And yes he would team up nicely with Palestine Jacobis..........haha

Wasn't he hurt last season ? I am not too sure about this signing if the JETS pursue him.

I had rather have my WR coach work with Clyde Gates and teach him how to get better. There is more upside there than to work with a guy who has been in the NFL for 4 seasons, with much better QB's and still has not figured it out.

Wasn't he hurt last season ? I am not too sure about this signing if the JETS pursue him.

I had rather have my WR coach work with Clyde Gates and teach him how to get better. There is more upside there than to work with a guy who has been in the NFL for 4 seasons, with much better QB's and still has not figured it out.

Massoquoi played for the Browns.

We were also loosely linked to Dawan Landry and Kevin Boothe.  I'm guessing they're allowing the Owner's meeting to take it's course, and make some Revis-related decisions before prioritizing some second-tier FA signings. 

Thats a good point too.  The owners meetings are probably slowing down and current contract talks for teams looking to add FA's before the draft.

Archived