<><><>You be John Idzik Super Poll Mock<><><>

T0mShane

2013 Jets Mock Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Bucs Offer 2013 First (#13), 2014 Second for Revis. You say...

• Yes, give me the draft picks
    • No, I'm keeping Revis
  2. 2. At Pick #9, these players remain on the board. You select...

• Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, University of Tennessee
    • Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    • Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    • Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    • Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
  3. 3. If you opted to take Pick #13 (for Revis), you select:

• Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
    • Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    • Bjoern Werner, OLB, FSU
    • Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    • Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
  4. 4. Assuming you didn't draft Geno Smith, which QB do you take later on?

• Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (Rd. 2)
    • Matt Barkley, USC (Rd. 2)
    • EJ Manuel, FSU (Rd. 2)
    • Mike Glennon, NC State (Rd. 3)
    • Tyler Bray, Tennessee (Rd. 4)
    • Zac Dysert, Miami of Ohio (Rd. 4)
    • Matt Scott, Arizona (Rd. 4)
    • Sean Renfree, Duke (Rd. 5)
  5. 5. Post draft, these FAs are at the door. You can afford two of them. Which ones do you sign (if any)?

• Braylon Edwards, WR
    • Antoine Winfield, CB
    • Brandon Moore, OG
    • James Harrison, OLB
    • Tommy Kelly, DT
    • Charles Woodson, S
    • Israel Idonije, DE
    • Kerry Rhodes, FS
    • Ahmad Bradshaw, RB
  6. 6. It is January, 2014. The team finishes 7-9 with David Garrard at QB. The defense finishes top ten in ppg allowed, and the offense turns the ball over less. Your coach in 2014 will be (assuming these will say yes)...

• Rex Ryan, because he's earned it.
    • David Shaw, Stanford.
    • Jon Gruden, ESPN
    • Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
    • Mike Zimmer, DC, Bengals
    • Darrell Bevell, OC, Seahawks
    • Lovie Smith
    • Dirk Koetter, OC, Falcons
    • Jack Del Rio, DC, Broncos

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked Werner because he can rush the passer out of Rex's 3-4, and if Rex gets fired, Werner can line up as a 4-3 end. Any defensive player the Jets draft needs to have that versatility if they're not going to extend Rex.

You need that versatility in Rex's system, so when he's extended for overachieving with the squad from the replacements, Werner will be a great fit for years to come in his system.

No, he can't. Thats the point.

Yes, he can.  That's the point. 

No, he's not an explosive pass rusher. And 3-4 DE's aren't pass rushers anyway.

He's not a 3-4 DE.  He's about 40 lbs too light.  He's be a convert to OLB and play DE on the 4 man sets. And yes, he's an extremely explosive pass rusher.  Why you are saying differently is strange.  You're not a potential top 5 pick if you're not explosive.  lmfao

You just don't know the player. I suggest you watch tape on him or read some scouting reports. His comp is Chris Long with less speed.

I know the player.  I live in a city where 3 things are covered.  Jags, Gators and Seminoles.  I've watched about every game he's played.  He's everything you're saying he's not.

FWIW - Long has had double digit sacks 2 straight years in a row.  So....

I'll pass on taking Guards in the top 15 but sign me up for Austin.

the best guard for the last 10 years? No way too early. a 5'8" return man? Sign us up! 

I am not buying Austin as a top 15 pick. Sorry he's too short. 

JiF, on 02 Apr 2013 - 11:15, said:

He's not a 3-4 DE. He's about 40 lbs too light. He's be a convert to OLB and play DE on the 4 man sets. And yes, he's an extremely explosive pass rusher. Why you are saying differently is strange. You're not a potential top 5 pick if you're not explosive. lmfao

NO ONE says Werner would be a good 3-4 OLB except you. He's nowhere near athletic enough in space. And there is NO WAY he's a top 5 pick in this draft.

the best guard for the last 10 years? No way too early. a 5'8" return man? Sign us up! 

I am not buying Austin as a top 15 pick. Sorry he's too short. 

I'm not huge on it either but if there's one skill player, he's the one. 

Spare me the best gaurd for the last 10 years routine.  So was Castro and every year there is another and at the end of the day, he plays ******* Guard.  

I'm not huge on it either but if there's one skill player, he's the one. 

Spare me the best gaurd for the last 10 years routine.  So was Castro and every year there is another and at the end of the day, he plays ******* Guard.  

id rather have a guard than a slot receiver. Especially cause the only Jets WR who is decent is also a slot receiver. Tavon Austin is what Santana Moss best case? they both run at the sidelines which Jets fans will love.  

NO ONE says Werner would be a good 3-4 OLB except you. He's nowhere near athletic enough in space. And there is NO WAY he's a top 5 pick in this draft.

Plenty of people think he can be a convert and when you're playing maybe 1 down standing up, what does it matter?  The Jets play of a ton of 4 man fronts.  

And even if he's not a top 5 pick.  He's a consensus top, say, 15.....you're not going top 15 as a DE or OLB if you cant rush the passer.  lmfao.  

JiF, on 02 Apr 2013 - 11:16, said:

Its a ridiculous comment and nobody feels that way besides his dude. If he couldnt rush the passer, we'd be talking about him in the 3rd round.

He can rush the passer as a 4-3 DE who would get 8-9 sacks a year and play great against the run. That isn't a fit for the Jets and it definitely isn't a top 15 pick.

Exactly.  Operating under normal stipulations - that he is asking for 5+ @ $16+M per I make the trade.  Lower that into the $12M range?  My answer might be different.

This is what most of us are saying.  Then next year Cromartie would get the boot.  If that happens it's gonna suck having over $10M dead space just between him and Sanchez.  But it's only for one year.  And one of the two can get spread over 2 seasons if we choose.

id rather have a guard than a slot receiver. Especially cause the only Jets WR who is decent is also a slot receiver. Tavon Austin is what Santana Moss best case? they both run at the sidelines which Jets fans will love.  

I hear ya, but Austin will impact that game much more than a Guard.

Besides, and you've said it yourself, OL is not the problem with the Jets. So taking a Guard, of all positions, seems very silly.  

He can rush the passer as a 4-3 DE who would get 8-9 sacks a year and play great against the run. That isn't a fit for the Jets and it definitely isn't a top 15 pick.

Here's the issue, he's a top 15 pick on just about every single persons board I've seen and many have him going top 10.  So therefore, the NFL views him as someone who can rush the passer, whether you think he can or not.  Not sure why he's limited to 8-9 sacks...just a number you decided works?

The Jets run a lot of 4 man fronts.  You need versatility on Rex's D.  Werner provides that because he's not a lumbering 300lb 6'6 guy.  He's 6'3, 260 and his workouts would say he can play in space.  That's why he's a fit.  

JiF, on 02 Apr 2013 - 12:43, said:

Here's the issue, he's a top 15 pick on just about every single persons board I've seen and many have him going top 10. So therefore, the NFL views him as someone who can rush the passer, whether you think he can or not. Not sure why he's limited to 8-9 sacks...just a number you decided works?

The Jets run a lot of 4 man fronts. You need versatility on Rex's D. Werner provides that because he's not a lumbering 300lb 6'6 guy. He's 6'3, 260 and his workouts would say he can play in space. That's why he's a fit.

He's just not an elite talent and every scouting report agrees with that statement. And if you want to draft a guy with a top 10 pick who will only be productive when the Jets put in a sub package from their base 3-4 do, you're investing way too much.

He's just not an elite talent and every scouting report agrees with that statement. And if you want to draft a guy with a top 10 pick who will only be productive when the Jets put in a sub package from their base 3-4 do, you're investing way too much.

Then why have I seen him projected as high as #2 to the Jags?  lmfao.  I'm not sure where you're getting any of this from.

You're saying he will only be productive in the 4-3.  Not me.  I think he can be converted. 

I was watching the 1st '12 dolphag game last nite (cuz I don't have a life) and if it wasn't for Mark Sanchez's quick (albeit non-accurate)release there might have been 15 sacks in that game and another butt-fumble play (swear to god Brandon Moore is the weakest lineman in the league) - we need to shore up the Oline desperately - that's why I said Warmack - I'd be fine w/ Cooper in the second, but for the love of feet please get some quality people on the line..... obtw - great thread....

JiF, on 02 Apr 2013 - 13:20, said:

Then why have I seen him projected as high as #2 to the Jags? lmfao. I'm not sure where you're getting any of this from.

You're saying he will only be productive in the 4-3. Not me. I think he can be converted.

No mocks from anyone who knows what they are talking about that have come out in the past 2 months have him going that high. But just keep digging.

But the guards are elite? Lol!

If they were elite, they'd be tackles. If they were really elite, they'd be defensive tackles.

No mocks from anyone who knows what they are talking about that have come out in the past 2 months have him going that high. But just keep digging.

Casserly has him at 15.  Brandt has him at #9 to the Jets where he doesnt fit according to you.  Are they of the know, or not of the know?  Who is of the know, in your expert opinion?  Mayock has him as the #1 4-3 DE.  Is he of the know?

Archived