Pick the Top 10 prospects you want to see become a Jet...

HessStation

I dont have a particular order.

1. Dion Jordan

2. Kiki Mingo

3. Cordelle Paterson

4. Tavon Austin

5. Star Lotulelei

7. Jarvis Jones

8. Tyler Eifert

9. Matt Elam

10. Alec Ogletree

So, the reason I left the Cooper and Warmack off, is because in our current scenario that would mean we'd have taken them at 9 or 13 overall and thats still just not jiving with me.  I put Elam and Ogletree in there because that would make me assume we'd land them in the 2nd, which I think would be incredible value for those players.  I was tempted to put Warford in there under the same logic but I'd prefer those guys over him if all 3 were on the board.

Very good list.

I am not sold on Bernard but I don't know the RBs well enough to suggest a replacement.

I think I like Jonathan Cyprien over Elam -  he's bigger and a hitter and seems like a good replacement for Laron Landry.  I like Swearinger too but he's a bit smaller.  Problem is Cyprien sounds like a mid-late 2nd rounder so we may not have a real shot at him.  If he's there in the third, though, it's run to the podium time.

Very good list.

I am not sold on Bernard but I don't know the RBs well enough to suggest a replacement.

I think I like Jonathan Cyprien over Elam -  he's bigger and a hitter and seems like a good replacement for Laron Landry.  I like Swearinger too but he's a bit smaller.  Problem is Cyprien sounds like a mid-late 2nd rounder so we may not have a real shot at him.  If he's there in the third, though, it's run to the podium time.

I like Cyprien over Elam too, but think he's moving up fast and will go in the first.

Quanterus Smith should have made my list. Knock Franklin off, though he or Bernard are my favorite RB fits here. 

Yeah, I agree Smith would be a great late round call!

And even though I didn't put Austin on the list...I was just thinking...if the Jets really want to open things up...could you imagine Austin, Eifert and Bernard as the first three picks. Say what you want about value and stuff...holy stockpiled weapons in a flash Batman!!! I could get into something like that. 

I like Cyprien over Elam too, but think he's moving up fast and will go in the first.

I'm a big Cyprien fan too after the Sr Bowl. I like both those Safeties a lot. I like...really like, a lot of the Safeties in this draft!

LOL. You are gonna sh*t when they take Coop at 9. ;)

Only because it would be a clear sign that Idzik is a chickensh*t GM who'll never put together a championship team. Otherwise, I'll be fine. 

1. Chance Warmack

2. Jonathan Cooper

3. Barkevious Mingo/Dion Jordan

4. Star Lotulelei

5. Tyler Eifert

6. Johnathan Franklin

7. Ryan Swope

8. Matt Elam

9. DeAndre Hopkins

10. Gio Bernard

Why does everyone like Ryan Swope?  He looked absolutely terrible in the Combine Drills.  Out of two runs through the Gauntlet drill, I'm pretty sure he caught like 4 out of the 12 balls.

1. Chance Warmack

2. Jonathan Cooper

3. Barkevious Mingo/Dion Jordan

4. Star Lotulelei

5. Tyler Eifert

6. Johnathan Franklin

7. Ryan Swope

8. Matt Elam

9. DeAndre Hopkins

10. Gio Bernard

Dion Jordan

Cory Lemonier

Jamie Collins

Christine Michael

Andre Ellington

Johnathan Cyprian

Cornelius Washington

Ryan Nassib

Robert Woods

Kevin Minter

Only because it would be a clear sign that Idzik is a chickensh*t GM who'll never put together a championship team. Otherwise, I'll be fine. 

-All the OTs will be gone

-Taking a OG or C before 20 is a waste

-All the QBs suck this year

-There is no RB worthy of a top 20 pick

-Eifert would be a reach

-Austin is only a slot receiver

-Patterson only has one year of production

-Jordan and Mingo are too thin and weak

-There's no real position for Ansah or Floyd in a 34

-Jets already have 3 solid young starter on DL for Star

-Taking a CB would only be a downgrade from Revis

-Child please at S or ILB

....so, what else?

Why does everyone like Ryan Swope?  He looked absolutely terrible in the Combine Drills.  Out of two runs through the Gauntlet drill, I'm pretty sure he caught like 4 out of the 12 balls.

My only issue with him was his speed...until he ran a 4.32. He's a tremendous all around player who can run every route, comes back for the ball and makes the tough catch. It's why I like him and Hopkins best. I think their games might translate to the NFL best. That said, I know he drops a ton of balls but I have this thing for Justin Hunter too. 

-Eifert would be a reach

....so, what else?

We need James Dearth number 2.

-Eifert would be a reach

....so, what else?

I'd take players represented in bold twice before I took a ******* guard. Maybe three times. 

Taking a guard that early is simply cowardly. It would be a terrible sign of things to come. 

Would you rather have a 10 year all pro guard or average WR?

I don't expect a guy like Tavon Austin to be an average WR, and I don't put much value in all pro guards - not that either of these guys are guarantees, either. 

And you draft a guy for four or five years, after that you're overpaying him like the Jets are with Mangold. 

My only issue with him was his speed...until he ran a 4.32. He's a tremendous all around player who can run every route, comes back for the ball and makes the tough catch. It's why I like him and Hopkins best. I think their games might translate to the NFL best. That said, I know he drops a ton of balls but I have this thing for Justin Hunter too. 

Hopkins is amazing-- would love him.  To bad he took a giant dump in his hotel room and got caught.  I'm hoping that guy falls bad and we can scoop him up with our pick #72. It's wishful thinking, but think about Justin Houston. 

PS Ryan Swope looks like Johnny from Karate Kid.

I don't expect a guy like Tavon Austin to be an average WR, and I don't put much value in all pro guards - not that either of these guys are guarantees, either. 

And you draft a guy for four or five years, after that you're overpaying him like the Jets are with Mangold. 

You sound overly ornery vaguely complaining about Mangold's contract.

Archived