IF QB, Target Glennon!

JFtoLong

This could be a pivotal two days for the Jets.

If the Jets are targeting a QB in this draft, and they like either Smith, Nassib or Manuel, they will likely have to take them high enough to not be able to take another big QB next year.

I don't love Glennon, but I think he has the most pro-style potential, and I think you can get him in the 3rd-4th round, which would not prohibit taking a QB next year by any means should a good one fall in their lap.

I really fear they end up taking Smith, Nassib or Manuel somewhere in the first or early second, either with one of their picks or a trade back.

Having the Sanchez disaster, we cannot afford another miss at QB.

If they do end up with Smith, Nassib or Manuel, they better damn well be right.

I would strongly prefer Glennon with a 3rd if they do go for a QB before say the 5th/6th round.

If the Jets are targeting a QB in this draft, and they like either Smith, Nassib or Manuel, they will likely have to take them high enough to not be able to take another big QB next year.

I don't love Glennon, but I think he has the most pro-style potential, and I think you can get him in the 3rd-4th round, which would not prohibit taking a QB next year by any means should a good one fall in their lap.

I understand your logic here. And while I tend to agree that they should be pretty certain about a guy if they take him late first/early second, I don't think it would prohibit them from taking a QB higher next year if they either a.) decide the QB they took isn't the guy, b.) change coaches, or c.) both.

I really fear they end up taking Smith, Nassib or Manuel somewhere in the first or early second, either with one of their picks or a trade back.

I would strongly prefer Glennon with a 3rd if they do go for a QB before say the 5th/6th round.

I agree.   Taking a QB in the 1-2 in this draft would be foolish.  Most likely they won't be good NFL QB's

Problem is, even though in a decent QB year Glennon would have a a 5th round grade, in this draft I suspect there is going to be a run on QB's in the late 1st early 2nd.  If Glennon is there in the 5th, I'd take him.  I strongly doubt he will be.

I'd probably go for a guy like  Zac Dysert, if he is even still there, in the 5th.  Wouldn't take a QB any earlier

Let me re-iterate, I don't really like Glennon, and I would prefer we don't even take a QB before the 4th or 5th round this year.

All I am saying is IF we are hell bent on taking a QB, I don't want Smith, Nassib or Manuel based on where we will have to take them, and the fact that high QB picks generally need a few years to evaluate and I don't want to have any hesitation next year when 4-5 legit QB prospects may be available.

I understand your logic here. And while I tend to agree that they should be pretty certain about a guy if they take him late first/early second, I don't think it would prohibit them from taking a QB higher next year if they either a.) decide the QB they took isn't the guy, b.) change coaches, or c.) both.

I think it will be very difficult to draft a QB next year in the first round if they draft a guy this year in the 1st or 2nd round, even if he does not look great this year. They would have to completely suck, I mean no doubt about to give up after one year.

Let me re-iterate, I don't really like Glennon, and I would prefer we don't even take a QB before the 4th or 5th round this year.

All I am saying is IF we are hell bent on taking a QB, I don't want Smith, Nassib or Manuel based on where we will have to take them, and the fact that high QB picks generally need a few years to evaluate and I don't want to have any hesitation next year when 4-5 legit QB prospects may be available.

you sir are a mind reader

I will admit that I want Geno, to me is the most complete QB for todays NFL and the kid has a chip on his shoulder. So I will say if Geno is there when we pick I would have no problem if we take him.

will be a disaster, epic disaster, worse than Sanchez type disaster.

He IS the most completely QB, but that is a reflection on how crappy the QB class is, not on him being a good prospect.

One other reason NOT to take a QB high, lets be honest, Rex is most likely going to be gone next year. Do you want to bring in a high draft pick, make him learn an offensive system, and then in year 2 make him learn a new system??

For once, I really hope we do things the right way. Drafting  a QB high will be another 5-8 year setback for this franchise when you factor in next years lost opportunity to draft a High QB

One other reason NOT to take a QB high, lets be honest, Rex is most likely going to be gone next year. Do you want to bring in a high draft pick, make him learn an offensive system, and then in year 2 make him learn a new system??

For once, I really hope we do things the right way. Drafting  a QB high will be another 5-8 year setback for this franchise when you factor in next years lost opportunity to draft a High QB

Well if our offense improves I would not be surprised if Morhinweg is retained.  He has been a respectable OC for a few years in the NFL

Well if our offense improves I would not be surprised if Morhinweg is retained.  He has been a respectable OC for a few years in the NFL

Oh man, if we fire Rex, and hire a new HC and make him keep the OC the way we did with Schitty, I will fkng lose it.

Can we please, please just once do things the right way?

Oh man, if we fire Rex, and hire a new HC and make him keep the OC the way we did with Schitty, I will fkng lose it.

Can we please, please just once do things the right way?

So If Morhinweg pulls a miracle and turns our Offensive into a legitimate NFL offense you would still want to get rid of him? 

So If Morhinweg pulls a miracle and turns our Offensive into a legitimate NFL offense you would still want to get rid of him? 

If that happens, Rex's defense will be good enough to have a decent season, and Rex will not be fired, so it will be a non-issue.

But if Rex is fired, they BETTER not make any incoming HC keep any coach, and let them bring in who they want to bring in.

Lets keep this in mind with Marty, it was always Reids offense in Philly, and when Reid went to KC, he DID NOT bring Marty with him.

There were a lot of openings, and Marty was around a long time, that does not bode well for how the rest of the league, including his former boss and mentor, feel about him.

Sure you can affford a miss.  Draft someone next year too.  You don't have to pay these guys like they used to.  You just have to decide they are not the ones and do something about it, not cross your fingers and keep throwing them out there.

Guys...you can afford to lose on a QB not Drafted in the top 8 picks based on the rookies new wage scales. The Browns look like they will draft Weeden's replacement. Believe me, you can swing and miss on a QB if you aren't in the first few picks. Now if you pick him in the first 4 then that QB becomes the face of the franchise BUT below 8, you can afford to take a flyer as the wage scale does help you.

I would not mind Nassib, Manuel or Dysert. Just please pick a QB and help usher out the Sanchez era. I am afraid that if Garrard gets hurt again we will fall back on Sanchez and it will be unwatchable. Please give us Jets fans something to hope for other than more Buttfumble.

Archived