Tavon Austin: "New York Jets have a plan for me"

F.Chowds

I read it was a 6, but it's a moot point as the wonderlic has zero correlation to NFL success; for example, AJ Green scored a 10.  While yes, they are one step up from brushing their teeth with rocks, it's not as if they just suddenly became stupid, they've been dealing with stupid their entire football career and it hasn't effected him.  By all accounts he's a hard worker and wants to be great; that'll get him through the playbook well enough.

I just took what purported to be a sample Wonderlic and I got 9 points in the first 30 seconds of the test. If the sample I took is anything like a real one, then I'm not sure how he manages to avoid randomly wandering into traffic.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took what purported to be a sample Wonderlic and I got 9 points in the first 30 seconds of the test. If the sample I took is anything like a real one, then I'm not sure how he manages to avoid randomly wandering into traffic.

It really is pathetic and we don't need anymore stupid people.  Cro is about 10 IQ points higher than being legally retarded and that is why he has to play man.  A WR needs to know a ton of reads at the pro level.

It's more sad than anything, but these guys are probably at the level, if you subscribe to the multi-level intelligence theory, of not knowing how unintelligent they are, so it doesn't really bother them.  Yes, they're dumb, but they've been dumb the entire time they've been playing football, it's not going to effect their performance. 

It really is pathetic and we don't need anymore stupid people.  Cro is about 10 IQ points higher than being legally retarded and that is why he has to play man.  A WR needs to know a ton of reads at the pro level.

There's absolutely zero correlation between future NFL success and the wonderlic score goes; case in point, AJ Green being atop 3 wide receiver scored a 10.  Unless the league replaces CBs with long division and geometry, I think these WRs will be just fine.

Are you serious?

I don't put much stock in that type of thing but 7 is such a ridiculously low score. At that point you have to be worried about him walking into walls, falling out of bed or accidentally drinking rat poison.

This made me spit my Diest Pepsi all over the place!! Good one My friend.

I did hear that as well and yes Tavon the Jets do have a plan for you: To use their imagined interest to get some team desperate to have you trade to get in front of them so they dont have to explain why they didnt take you.

I don't know how bad you think Tannenbaum is, but if he folds up under pressure from the fans and media and doesn't draft a playmaker solely because we don't have a good QB he should pack up and go back to East Butt**** where he came from.  He should pick the best players. In my experience, the BIlls draft a lot of sh*tty QBs.  

Yes they do, Losman , Edwards etc. but McKelvin and Parrish also come to mind.

Some here are comparing him to Santana Moss, DeSean Jackson etc but he is smaller than them and FWIW , given the Jets needs,I wouldn't take either one of them with a #9.

He may turn out to terrific but I just don't see them taking Austin as a smart move in the context of him being the first big pick in a rebuild.

Archived