Tahj Boyd

Patriot Killa

Soooooo....you're point is that Taj Boyd's efforts last night dont count because he was playing vs. guys who wont play in the NFL and then you support your position by using guys who are having success in the NFL that played for Nevada and Delaware because why exactly? They played better competition in college? Or are you saying, to have success in the NFL, you need to play vs. inferior competition?

I'm thoroughly confused.

I can see his point.. but last nights game was against a top 5 SEC team so.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boyd was doing it against guys that will be working for UPS next year. It doesnt count.

How many players will he face this year that will never step foot in an NFL locker room? How many on Georgia last night?

Doesnt count.

So no UDFA (Simms) has made it in the NFL?

weird.

holy sh*t this is really happening

My point is that the same people in here saying the Jets should tank the season to get some SEC or ACC signal caller, are the same people saying Simms played against inferior competition, and never did anything in college. There is hardly any evidence that there is a direct correlation between college success and the NFL. Actually evidence points to the contrary. My hope is that we see if Smith and Simms can play this year. If either one can then it is one less position we need to draft next year. Don't say that Simms doesnt deserve a shot and then say that Boyd does when the competition Simms faced in the pre season was better then any competition Boyd will face all season (unless all 11 starters on a team make it to the NFL). Boyd looked good last night behind a strong running game and good defense. But its still college.

How many players will he face this year that will never step foot in an NFL locker room? How many on Georgia last night?

Doesnt count.

I'm dumbfounded by this. Why are you going to extremes? Of course it counts. He looked great last night. Doesn't make him the next Steve Young, no. But it definitely helped his draft stock, especially coming off his play in last years bowl game. It definitely pushes him into the mix more. I wasn't a big believer in Boyd but I'm starting to come around.

I'm dumbfounded by this. Why are you going to extremes? Of course it counts. He looked great last night. Doesn't make him the next Steve Young, no. But it definitely helped his draft stock, especially coming off his play in last years bowl game. It definitely pushes him into the mix more. I wasn't a big believer in Boyd but I'm starting to come around.

Its a long way from the draft. Lets see where he goes from here. Its a long season and he has a very good team around him.

My point is that the same people in here saying the Jets should tank the season to get some SEC or ACC signal caller, are the same people saying Simms played against inferior competition, and never did anything in college. There is hardly any evidence that there is a direct correlation between college success and the NFL. Actually evidence points to the contrary. My hope is that we see if Smith and Simms can play this year. If either one can then it is one less position we need to draft next year. Don't say that Simms doesnt deserve a shot and then say that Boyd does when the competition Simms faced in the pre season was better then any competition Boyd will face all season (unless all 11 starters on a team make it to the NFL). Boyd looked good last night behind a strong running game and good defense. But its still college.

I think you're drastically minimizing what some fans probably over emphasize. Somewhere you have a point that you have to sift through more than just wins an losses. That said Boyd looked really good in a big game...vs. what is probably superior competition again.

I'm in the camp of when the live bullets are flying, and EVERYONE on the field is pulled from the pool with the absolute best talent in the world (The NFL, not college), you either have IT, or you don't, and because most college teams field far superior talent then they play who offer the best prospects according to scouts, you can't find out until they show enough to warrant a chance to show you in a live NFL game, like you I hope Simms gets that chance, I think he has that IT factor most don't, but you will never know until he gets that chance.

I'll say it again...

Bridge water isn't a SEC QB ...

I'm just starting my annual scout chart and both are getting put on it. I think Teddy is the best option but this just depends on how bad we do. In my opinion 80 % of the league have a committed QB. So that's another hope we get him. He could slip.

A couple of teams that haven't done well in the last couple years.

Bills - Manuel

Fins - Tannehill

Titans - Locker

Vikes - Ponder

Oak - Flynn

Car - Newton

Rams - Bradford

... I see really the only REAL QB needy teams are

Jets(Depends on Geno) Jags , browns and Bucs(If Freeman doesn't show up)

Think what RSJ is saying is that people were very quick to discount Simms good performance this summer, as "He was playing against UPS drivers"  Then tout a player who is playing against weaker, by far competition.

He's got a point

Geno Smith is the Jets quarterback right now. Lets see how he plays for the Jets it's his rookie season. I think Geno will play well & I hope the Jets stick with the QB for a while. The Jets need more Defense,Running backs and Wide Recievers. No more QBs for now. Its been a revolving door of jets qbs in the past. Geno Smith should play well thats what i think. Go Jets

Its a long way from the draft. Lets see where he goes from here. Its a long season and he has a very good team around him.

I don't understand why people are having trouble following you. Next QB we take we should just draw out of a hat and stop pretending that how they play prior to their first regular season NFL start isn't just meaningless data.

Archived