Rex contract extension: Thru 2018? Longer?

Jetsfan80

9-7

11-5

8-8

6-10

If the Jets have a winning season this year, it would mean that Rex would have only one losing season in his 5 years here. That is pretty impressive. I would definitely think you would have to extent him.

We're not fielding this type of defense without Rex. I dont know how much that's worth....but it is what it is.

Pettine was the initial plan if memory serves, bc Woody wanted a D without the sideshow of Rex...but he couldnt keep his mouth shut. The Bills knocked the hell out of Brady yesterday.

rex had a great game yesterday. His blitzes were fresh and nasty. His challenge was correct. He managed the timeouts well (btw the reason why Rex didn't call the timeout at 45 second instead of 35 is theres an injured Jet on the play, the refs are supposed to stop the clock). He's an excellent NFL headcoach and every game the Jets win this year it will be with less talent than the other team. Extend him.

rex had a great game yesterday. His blitzes were fresh and nasty. His challenge was correct. He managed the timeouts well (btw the reason why Rex didn't call the timeout at 45 second instead of 35 is theres an injured Jet on the play, the refs are supposed to stop the clock). He's an excellent NFL headcoach and every game the Jets win this year it will be with less talent than the other team. Extend him.

The offense is still a sh*tshow and the D gave up the lead in the 4th quarter by not covering the best WR on the field. 

The offense is still a sh*tshow and the D gave up the lead in the 4th quarter by not covering the best WR on the field. 

the defense allowing 17 points to any NFL team is a great job in this league. same story with Rex's whole career we can't expect him to pitch a shut out. The offense is a work in progress that is as much about talent as it is about coaching. 

ROFLMAO.  What a Troll.

the defense allowing 17 points to any NFL team is a great job in this league. same story with Rex's whole career we can't expect him to pitch a shut out. The offense is a work in progress that is as much about talent as it is about coaching. 

Yeah, looking forward to week 3 and past to see what Marty can do with this rookie in 10+ days of practice and getting holmes in the flow more.   

I liked what Ray Lewis had to say about Rex during the pregame show(shocker).  If Rex is the problem he should be let go but the cupboard has been bare for a while now.  Firing Rex will not make this team better. Then Tom Jackson went on a tirade about how it was a firable offense to have the starting QB, sanchez in there during the 4th qtr of the preseason game.  A couple of the guys were interupting TJ saying it is a QB competition and that Sanchez was not the starter.  Well TJ wouldnt hear anything of it so the rest of the guys just let him rant how rex doesnt make it through the season as HC of the NYJ....

I thought  Rex quit today.  Once his D lost the lead he was slow in calling time outs.   I think he was sulking or moping, not good qualities for a coach.  You cannot talk about extensions when luck played that big a part. 

You realize he only called the T/O on 2nd down, 5 seconds into it, because the stadium was literally screaming "TIME OUT?!"

I mean my GOD that is pretty brutal. Rex is a dope sometimes

Agreed.  But he needs to dial it back a bit on the final drive of the game.  He admitted the call was a mistake, but still, there must be some middle ground between overload blitz and complete prevent defense.

Archived