What do we need to fix this team?

joewilly12

The only issue I see with Gurley is that he's going to be run into the ground another year next year in the SEC, but he's an absolute stud.  I'd like to see what we have in Ivory and Goodson before giving up any top picks for a RB, a position I'm not usually inclined to spend high on.  I think Lee and Watkins (whom I Love) are in a class above the rest and someone like Sefarien-Jenkins are guys we should be targeting early. The value should be right, allowing us to go BPA or close to it and provide us with some much, much needed talent on the offensive side of the ball. 

I like the Evans kid out of A&M, he's just a physical freak, great body control and seems to catch everything.  He'll probably unfairly draw a lot of comparisons to Ramses Barden because of his size, but hes played very well in a much tougher conference and isn't just a track star.  Keep your eye on him against Bama tonight.

Yeldon's a bit overrated imo..

Will you wait for this supposed #1 WR to develop, or will you jump on him as quickly as Hill and the others??  WRs not named Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin take time to develop.  You gain nothing by cutting Hill or Kerley (which the idea of cutting him is ridiculous); it's hills 2nd game in his second season as a second rounder, I mean jesus dude have some patience.

You right I didn't mean kerley...jusr the rest of them....once a dropper always a dropper

You right I didn't mean kerley...jusr the rest of them....once a dropper always a dropper

I think you're going to see these kids stop dropping the ball as the season progresses and their focus is solely on catching the ball and not on what to do next.  Look at Braylon, constantly lead the league in drops, then all of a sudden something clicked and he wasn't even in the top 10.  Obviously these guys aren't Fitzgerald, but I have faith they'll improve, you're more than in your right to doubt it, but I think they'll surprise a lot of people.

Yeldon's a bit overrated imo..

He's certainly not the class of the SEC, but I think he'll be able to be productive at the next level in a committee attack.  The more I see Mike Evans, the more I like him.  He's got an NFL-ready frame and actually uses it properly to body-up and box out DBs to make the catch; he's got sticky hands too.

Watkins is a player and there's the Clemson connection with Rex. He's better than Marquise Lee. I'm sure Boyd we'll be looking at as well.

A lot of the big time offensive talent are sophmores, which is annoying. Amari Cooper is the best WR in the country imo. Todd Gurley is another guy we could use.

Boyd is 6'1, at best. I want nooooo part of that guy. Rex won't be here to work any Clemson connection.

I dunno Tommy, if you get your wish and your love-buddy Bevell comes here, he might just go for a Boyd type, considering his pet-project was/is sub six foot.

Boyd will be a third rounder. I know the fake-scout community is hopped up on him, but once he gets into the workouts, he's going to get Nassib'd. Bevell will be fine with Geno.

Boyd will be a third rounder. I know the fake-scout community is hopped up on him, but once he gets into the workouts, he's going to get Nassib'd. Bevell will be fine with Geno.

Boyd is worlds better than Nassib and while I'm not ready to anoint him the next wilson, I was 100% on his bandwagon after I saw him dismantle my LSU tigers first hand.  LSU wanted that game, they weren't mailing it in; they completely shut down their run game and kept boyd's scrambling in check and when he torched them through the air I was extremely impressed.  

Not that I want to draft him or particularly care where he goes, I just think you're selling him a bit short.  Either way, as long as we end up with Lee or Watkins I'll be pleased.

Boyd is worlds better than Nassib and while I'm not ready to anoint him the next wilson, I was 100% on his bandwagon after I saw him dismantle my LSU tigers first hand. LSU wanted that game, they weren't mailing it in; they completely shut down their run game and kept boyd's scrambling in check and when he torched them through the air I was extremely impressed.

Not that I want to draft him or particularly care where he goes, I just think you're selling him a bit short. Either way, as long as we end up with Lee or Watkins I'll be pleased.

I don't mean to sh*t on him as a player. I'm just expressing my frustration at the media-based scouting community that "grades" these players with, really, no credentials: the Matt Millers and Josh Norris' of the world who pretend that they have any semblance of an idea what actual NFL personnel departments are looking for, then when their "rankings" get blown up in the actual draft, they pretend it didn't happen and instead scream about the one "dark horse" (out if fifty) that actually sticks on an NFL roster. I think Boyd lacks any exceptional qualities and that will play out in the pre-draft process, as it will with AJ McCarron and as it had with Nassib, et al.

I don't mean to sh*t on him as a player. I'm just expressing my frustration at the media-based scouting community that "grades" these players with, really, no credentials: the Matt Millers and Josh Norris' of the world who pretend that they have any semblance of an idea what actual NFL personnel departments are looking for, then when their "rankings" get blown up in the actual draft, they pretend it didn't happen and instead scream about the one "dark horse" (out if fifty) that actually sticks on an NFL roster. I think Boyd lacks any exceptional qualities and that will play out in the pre-draft process, as it will with AJ McCarron and as it had with Nassib, et al.

I can certainly buy that and I don't really have a horse in this year's QB race, I'm all in on Lee, Watkins, Evans and Sefarian-Jenkins.  However, I started hearing some people refer to him as an under-sized McNair earlier last year and decided to give a watch; I really only bought into Boyd after watching him dismantle and orchestrate a 4th qtr comeback against LSU on the national stage. His size is one of the reasons I do think he'll be rated high in a dual-threat system; it looks like he's put on some good weight and will be able to take some hits that guys like wilson or RG III can't.  I like the kids arm, his accuracy seems to have improved and he showed up in the big game. He could easily be a 3rd rounder and never crack a starting squad, but when I see guys like Pryor starting a football game, I think Boyd will get his shot. 

A friend of mine posed this question on another forum. I thought I would post it here.

The best response he got was this.

A head coach that has the authority to tell his O coordinator to run the ball in field goal range instead of a having a rookie drop back and throw 38 times to garbage receivers.

GARBAGE WRs that's what we got!

we need to go after Manning 2 years ago and offer him part ownership, instead, we doubled down on Consuela and now managed to find someone worse

A BIG TIME WR................MAKE A TRADE IDZIK.

totally !!!

I'd say calvin johnson or maybe larry fitzgerald with a fall back of andre johnson if they aren't available

then you bring in aaron rodgers, jj watt and adrian peterson

why didn't idzik think of this ?

moron

Archived