*** 49ers @ Seahawks game thread ***

Blackout

Humpernick will blow it, Alex Smith 4 Life

notice how the Chiefs have as many wins this year after 2 games as they did in 16 last year

Alex Smith will take that team to the playoffs as a wildcard next year, if not even this year.  I still don't believe in much of the AFC (Denver is legit, Houston is legit and Baltimore is legit out of respect for last year.  Pats have nobody to throw to and the Bungals are known as the Bungals for a reason.

Titans look impressive so far, i'm a bit shocked because I thought Jake Locker wasn't a top 30 QB.

Kaepernick is not about that life, he'll definitely find a way to lose the game once Seattle figures out how to shut him down like Baltimore did last year. >450 yards and 4 scores against Green Bay means nothing. Call me when he wins a super bowl.  

Matt Flynn had the best game in NFL history (before Peyton last week)

this 49ers team is loaded with talent, even you could put up a 75 QB rating playing there

I've seen BroadwayJoe12 throw a football. He'd pwn. Definitely about that life.

I'm under 6'2", you'd hate my style of play. Have to design too many roll-outs to see over the line. 

Is he mobile? 

Former D1 track athlete. If you attached Chadwick's arm to Troy Smith, that's basically what you're getting.  I know what you're thinking, "why didn't he go pro?" well, the read option came a bit too late for me.  I'm not longer about that life. 

3 rain delays in two weeks?..oh I'm sorry " lightning " delay...I'm 42 I remember maybe 6 or 7 of these in the last 30 years although I'm sure their were more...NFL needs to squash this quick, there's been lightning since the beginning of time I don't remember one single incident at a football game,..rain delays in the NFL...the pus##%fication of the world grows.

3 rain delays in two weeks?..oh I'm sorry " lightning " delay...I'm 42 I remember maybe 6 or 7 of these in the last 30 years although I'm sure their were more...NFL needs to squash this quick, there's been lightning since the beginning of time I don't remember one single incident at a football game,..rain delays in the NFL...the pus##%fication of the world grows.

I remember the one at the meadowlands, jets vs colts.  and the colts QB that day was the 9ers coach tonight

weird

the players get shelter for safety

the fans chill and drink beer out in the open

so NFL, who are you really worried about protecting ?

The players are probably the safest of anyone in a stadium; they are low to the ground, insulated with plastic and foam, and standing on grass with rubber cleets. The fans on the other hand, are likely to be impacted the most. Some stadium structures feature quite a bit of metal work/escalators/metal railing etc. This is why they're encouraged to take shelter; moving to concrete (and buying concessions) is good for the league all the way round. The game could probably go on, but the league can't justify ticket sales while encouraging fans to miss the game, or worse yet have a lightning-related injury happen to a fan.  That press would hurt the league and Goddell's commitment to his safer-NFL.

Also, the camera men are probably among those in the most danger.  Especially the guys on the raised platforms.  Evacuating them (for their safety) while not suspending play could mean blacked-out game coverage for the fans at home.  I would hate that.

Archived